+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gemming Question

Gemming Question

Hi Everyone!

First of all, I hope my question is posted in the right place because, yes its about gemming, but not tanking gems, but dps one. So if i did a mistake, please forgive me (was hesitating between gear & enchant or DPS discussion thread).

Well, since the beggining, my warrior is a tank. But, because a lot of guilds have already all their tanks I bought the duel-spec option to be more "polyvalent" in PVE environment.

So, I specced a standard 54-17 PVE Arms build and I'm hit and expertise capped. Atm I don't have a lot of crit % (a little bit over 10%) because I have only 5-man Heroic gears. So my question is the following....

As Arms warrior what is the best stats I must gem crit or Strength?

I did some researches on Internet (wowhead forum, EJ, maxdps and of course, Tankspot) and I asked to some warriors I met during my playtime, but it seems I can't find a kind of "general agreement" on the subject. Some says Str while, for others the best one is crit and even ArP (I am at 10% too about this one).

So, please can I have your advice on the subject?

Thanks

Download Landsoul's spreadsheet from EJ, find the ideal balance between arp and strength gems and use it. Might seem like a lot of effort for a relatively minor gain, but after you will learn to use it, it is really fast and user friendly way of evaluating your gear and gemming choices. It might not be always 100% correct in every possible situation, but its definitely better and more precise than going after some simple general rule like "gem only strength" or "gem only arp".

Thanks for the information. I'll downlaod it for sure.

At this point in your gearing.. it is just str... As you gear up and start getting more arp from gear it will switch to arp. You do not need a spreadsheet to tell you this.

At 30% arp from gearing alone it will be worth it for you to switch to pure ARP geming. If you have an ARP proc trinket it will be worth it for you to continue to stack pure arp until you are around 70% ARP from gear and gems. At this point it becomes worth it to stack STR and stay at this level of ARP till you can drop your ARP trinket. At the point you have enough Gem sockets that have STR in it that if replaced with ARP you can go to 100% passive ARP, you drop the ARP proc trinket and get yourself to 100 passive arp.

Now thats not hard is it?

+ Reply to Thread