+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paladin Tank: Glyphs and Talents

Paladin Tank: Glyphs and Talents

Hey, due to the recent patch's and such, I'm now wondering if there's much i can do to improve my spec, and glyphs. I'm currently raiding Ulduar 10, so any gear advice would also be helpful, but I'm mainly looking for talent/Glyph help

Armoury Link

Thanks in advance

Major glyphes that you should have would be glyph of vengence and divine plea: +10 expertise and -3% damage.
    Minor: get the sense undead +1% damage

Your build:
    get ridd of divinity and put 2 points in jugement of the just (20% reduction of mele attacks)
    1 point is sufficient in benediction, you shouldnt have too many mana issues.
    Only 1 point in improved judgment otherwise your rotation wont be good (969).
    get heart of the crusader and max out conviction

The rest is up to you, i personally put a point in pursuit of justice and 2 in cursade I have none in seals of the pure

on a personal note you should get your BS up, you are missing on 2 sockets and bring mining up as well you are missing on some stamina. Your expertise rating is a little high you can afford to lose 13 skill points (forgot how much rating that was). So I would change the enchantment on your gloves
    Last edited by Ryoku; 08-15-2009 at 05:37 AM.

Some comments:
    - You are way beyond where you need to be with expertise. Its not nearly as good a threat stat for us as it is for warriors.
    - Vindication now works the same as demoralizing shout. You should put at least 1 point in there, and preferrably 2. If you always have a ret pally that specs it or a warrior with 5/5 improve shout, you can avoid it, but I strongly prefer self sufficiency with damage reduction buffs.
    - Theck did the analysis and conviction/crusade gets you more threat than SoTP in 3.2.
    - you don't need the benediction points or the second point in improved judgement.
    - you don't need the second point in spiritual attunement.
    - your weapon enchant should be accuracy, +20 strenght, mongoose, blood draining, or blade warding, depending on whether you want threat or mitigation.
    - glove enchant should either be armsman, or armor.
    - you need JotJ
    - run some heroics and get the 8.5 helm and chest with conquest badges.
    - you're critable, swap up to a +16 def gem
    If you aren't higher than me in total damage done or total healing done, all comments will be /ignore'd

Well to be honest I do not see the point to waste 1 or even 2 points to decrease the AP by max of 46. The demo shout decreases AP by 410 for 30 sec.

Good point about the def min, didn't see it and asp the 2nd point in SA, sorry

Thanks for all the feedback. I know i'm currently 1 defence below, but at the moment I don't want to gem defence because I'm like 4 rating below def cap for raids.
    I'm currently running LOTS of heroics to get the t8.5 stuff (have been concerntrating on my main for awhile, so haven't got round to it until now) and so when I get the t8.5 items I will be defence capped without gemming it
    I will respec soon, thanks for all the suggestions, I've also been looking at some of Ensidia's paladin tanks, and they seem to have similar spec's to what you suggest. I guess I'll work with your suggestions to get something that will be truly useful to me.
    Glyph-wise, perfect info, i'll be putting the new ones in soon

Overall, Thanks for the very helpful information.

Dultaman

Quote Originally Posted by headknocker View Post
    - You are way beyond where you need to be with expertise. Its not nearly as good a threat stat for us as it is for warriors.
    While I agree you should never gem/enchant for Expertise, it is slightly more viable for Paladins as a survival thing now than it was before, simply because the extra swings from SoV can be parried, so anything that reduces the chance of being parry-gibbed is good.

Hasn't changed our threat at all but I wouldn't necessarily turn my nose up at gear with it on like I might have in 3.1.

Vindication reduces mob AP by 46 at Level 1. At level 80 its closer to 571. Its just 1 less than max improved demo shout and warriors have to spend 5 talent points to get it, we only spend 2.
    If you aren't higher than me in total damage done or total healing done, all comments will be /ignore'd

+ Reply to Thread