+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need advice!

Need advice!

I'm currently tanking Ulduar 10/25 (MT, OT), and TotC 10 (OT). I want to know how I'd be able to improve my gear and/or spec.
    >>Armory Link<<
    I have been reading this forum and taken advice from here and there but I still get the feeling that I'm doing something wrong. My threat is no problem at all and I haven't seemed that squishy since patch 3.2, but prio patch 3.2 I was told to be a bit squishy. Thanks in advance, any minor detailed advice is welcome.

Well unless armory is wrong your aren't defense capped.

Quote Originally Posted by Borstad View Post
    Well unless armory is wrong your aren't defense capped.
    The 15 resilience will probably make up for the 1 point of skill he is missing.
    Vexed
    Bronzebeard - US

Oh didn't see the resiliance because I usally don't see it to be a good tanking stat, but that is just my opinion.

Up my post

Well I would take the 2nd point out of improved judgements, and the second one out of SA, ffurthermore I would go for conviction. I personally do not see the point to waste 2 points in vindication, because unless the tooltips are bad 46! reduction in AP is a very very small number.Divine sacrifice and divine guardien would be also nice talents to spent some points in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoku View Post
    Well I would take the 2nd point out of improved judgements, and the second one out of SA, ffurthermore I would go for conviction. I personally do not see the point to waste 2 points in vindication, because unless the tooltips are bad 46! reduction in AP is a very very small number.Divine sacrifice and divine guardien would be also nice talents to spent some points in.
    The tooltip on armory shows rank 1. In lvl 80 this is ~550 AP reduction. But thanks for the pointers

Actually I just checked again, that is at rank 2. So I suppose there is something wrong with the tooltip

Actually I just checked again, that is at rank 2. So I suppose there is something wrong with the tooltip
    What i meant is that when you can get Vindication in lvl 12 (2/2 in the talent) it's 46 AP reduction. In lvl 80 it's 572 AP reduction.

No there isn't, boss AP simply works and scales entirely differently to player AP. It's right that it's net effect is approximately the same as 550 AP on a player. Against most Ulduar bosses it'll be around a 20% reduction with specials like Unbalancing Strike being reduced by nearly 50%.

Also 15 Resilliance is worth around 4 Defense Skill, so when choosing your shoulder enchant you're basically deciding between 30 Stamina or 20 Dodge. For Ulduar-25, 30 Stam would actually serve better here and would allow him to be at 536 Defense Skill and still remain uncrittable (of course Defense has other benefits such as avoidance and AD scaling that Resilliance doesn't carry so ymmv).

+ Reply to Thread