+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Evaulate! Criticize! Suggestions?

Evaulate! Criticize! Suggestions?

Just looking for suggestions on my gear, what to upgrade next, or if I should start focusing on a certain stat. My aggro is getting close to being surpassed by our DPS, so I'd like to fix that without hurting my mitigation. Had planned on purchasing the helm with conquest badges next, good idea?

The World of Warcraft Armory

...and I do need to upgrade my gems to all epics, that's another goal over the weekend.

Thanks in advance for the help!

I would say looking at your stats I see 2 major issues: expertise and hit. Hit cap is at 263 and you are at 26, the expertise soft cap is at 26 and you are at 10. This means you are missing a lot, less damage less aggro.

Concerning expertise get the seal of vengence glyphe (+10 expertise skill not rating). Get the glyph for divine plea -3% damage when up.
    I would exchange the kings or the wisdom glyphe with the sense undead one +1% damage.

Concerning your build:
    Get ridd of reckogning and put 3 points in divine sacrifice and guardien and the remaining 2 points in judgement of the just (-20% melee attack speed)
    Get ridd of the seal of the pure (u should always use seal of vengence or corruption these 5 points are wasted here) furthermore move 1 point out of the improved judgement (otherwise your rotation will not be good 969)

On a gear note you could change your neck for the chained military gorget (40 EoH) would increase your avoidance but decrease your block a little
    3 points in heart of the cursader and 5 in convition would be a good investment. Take the 5 points out of divinity (there is a lot of overhealing going on). use 1 point somewhere (i put it in pursuite of the justice) to get to cursade.

If you change your talent points and get your rotation straight there should be no dps (except maybe during vezax or a hunter not turning of Growl) that can take your aggro away. I am generally between 4k-6k tps and I have less good gear (just check my caracter)
    Last edited by Ryoku; 08-15-2009 at 05:25 AM.

Are you following a strict "969" rotation? If you group your Judgement, Consecration and Holy Shiled as "9 second" abilities and Hammer of the Righteous and Shield of Righteousness as "6 second" abilities, you want to alternate between a 9 and a 6 on loop forever. It doesn't matter which order really, as it rotates.

It's possible to macro it if you wish, but however you do it, 969 will mean you never have an ability off the GCD, which will maximise your threat.

I'm using 969, and I can hold aggro well for the most part. But looking at threat meters they're getting closer and closer to reaching my aggro. Now, I've noticed Warlocks pulling more aggro than other classes. And I also tend to strictly use seal of righteousness (out of habit).

Hit is something I'll start working on, but I don't know what stat I should sacrifice. However, I don't believe I should be getting the SoV glyph for 10 expertise. 10% righteousness buff seemed more useful. The divine plea glyph is a really good idea.

Goals = Get more hit, replace Shield of Righteousness Glyph with Divine Plea Glyph. Make sure I stay in constant 969 rotation. Possibly use SoV on bosses, and SoR on trash

SoV on everything. Getting that 5 stack is rather simple, and once you do, it's a lot of threat.

Plus, solving all your expertise issues with a single glyph is a nice thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoku View Post
    I would say looking at your stats I see 2 major issues: expertise and hit. Hit cap is at 263 and you are at 26, the expertise soft cap is at 26 and you are at 10. This means you are missing a lot, less damage less aggro.

Concerning expertise get the seal of vengence glyphe (+10 expertise skill not rating). Get the glyph for divine plea -3% damage when up.
    I would exchange the kings or the wisdom glyphe with the sense undead one +1% damage.

Concerning your build:
    Get ridd of reckogning and put 3 points in divine sacrifice and guardien and the remaining 2 points in judgement of the just (-20% melee attack speed)
    Get ridd of the seal of the pure (u should always use seal of vengence or corruption these 5 points are wasted here) furthermore move 1 point out of the improved judgement (otherwise your rotation will not be good 969)

On a gear note you could change your neck for the chained military gorget (40 EoH) would increase your avoidance but decrease your block a little
    3 points in heart of the cursader and 5 in convition would be a good investment. Take the 5 points out of divinity (there is a lot of overhealing going on). use 1 point somewhere (i put it in pursuite of the justice) to get to cursade.

If you change your talent points and get your rotation straight there should be no dps (except maybe during vezax or a hunter not turning of Growl) that can take your aggro away. I am generally between 4k-6k tps and I have less good gear (just check my caracter)
    I think I just went into shock seeing your hit rating. I've never seen 2 digit hit rating before on a tank geared with U25 gear, given that Ulduar gear is crawling with hit. Get your hit to 264, yes. Start with a titanium weapon chain and 20 hit to gloves. As for expertise, the glyph of vegneance and using it seal will help alot. Beyond that hunting for new gear, start by dumping your shield block gear. You need to be aware that shield block DPS contributions to SotR is CAPPED at around 2760, and suffers severe Diminishing returns at 2400 onwards.

As for reckoning, I'll defend your choice until I see somebody do some math involving the new vengeance changes. Before, reckoning was pointless once you got your 5 stacks, but this is no longer true, as each hit on a 5 stack is added holy damage.

I cannot defend seals of the pure. I suggest you lose it. Go for 2 points in Judgements of the Just, 3 points in Heart of the crusader for raid wide dps increase and your threat, or benediction to better manage mana. Also, take out one point in Imp Judgments and put it into benediction. It doesn't make your 969 "Bad" to have 2 points in it, its just inefficient.

Divinity is arguable. Most people don't spec into it, but I can see the value. I personally see more value in it then in divine guardian, which is situational. I currently have 5 points in divinity.

For my personal spec, I walked down the ret tree deep enough to get conviction for extra 5% crit. Stacked with heart of the crusader, thats an 8% crit chance increase, noticeable to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Insahnity View Post
    You need to be aware that shield block DPS contributions to SotR is CAPPED at around 2760, and suffers severe Diminishing returns at 2400 onwards.

As for reckoning, I'll defend your choice until I see somebody do some math involving the new vengeance changes.

Divinity is arguable. Most people don't spec into it, but I can see the value. I personally see more value in it then in divine guardian, which is situational. I currently have 5 points in divinity.

For my personal spec, I walked down the ret tree deep enough to get conviction for extra 5% crit. Stacked with heart of the crusader, thats an 8% crit chance increase, noticeable to be sure.
    A couple of point for clarification Insahnity, Theck has done the math for SotP+Reck Vs Crusade over here:

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20823&start=960

Basically crusade wins if it is a DUH (Demon, Undead, Humanoid) mob.

A couple of pages back from that he covers the DR for block which was introduced recently. which shows that we still get added threat from block up until 3161 BV, that doesn’t mean its worth stack over 2700ish but its not totally useless.

Divinity V Divine guardian, V Reckoning is entirely personal choice. There are arguments for all 3. Personal i can't go past the utility of DG.

Heart of the Crusade doesn’t stack with Totem of Wrath so if you regularly run with an Ele shaman they may be wasted points.

Quote Originally Posted by Irat View Post
    Heart of the Crusade doesn’t stack with Totem of Wrath so if you regularly run with an Ele shaman they may be wasted points.
    It also doesn't stack with a mutilate rogues' master poisoner, to say nothing of the ubiquitous ret pally. I myself am considering stepping out of heart of the crusader, but you have to see what you need for yourself.

After reading your guys responses and doing some research, I've landed on this spec. The only thing I may change, is drop one point from reck and put it into divine sacrifice.

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Reckoning is still one of our weakest threat talents, especially if you're not taking any points in Seals of the Pure. This is my current build, which gets most of its threat by going down to 3/3 Crusade.

You can get ever so slightly more threat (via crit) from this build but I personally prefer the utility of Vindication and Persuit of Justice enough to lose four points in Conviction.

A Reckoning build is only really competitive if you take SotP, but then you're losing out on a lot of other utility and will still be less threat against Demons, Undead, Humanoids and Beasts (called "DUH" mobs in Theck's analysis posts).

+ Reply to Thread