+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Forum signatures

Forum signatures

I noticed some people with really nice signatures on the forum recently (kazeyonoma, Lizana, etc) and thought I would be fun to make myself one as well.

First off, what do you think and secondly is it too big or is it against the rules somehow? Haven't really done much with signatures in the past and wasn't sure about sig rules for tankspot.

Hey squirrel, its supposed to be no taller than 150px. Other than that, you stole mah warrior!

I thought the 150px was only if hosted on TankSpot and since mine is hosted elsewhere and just linked to that it was ok.

And it's MY warrior considering mine came directly off my armory page render from wowhead (with adjusted axe/shield slightly and added glowing eyes)

I'm pretty sure the sig height was put in place to keep forum looking relatively tidy. I don't think it has anything to do with who's hosting it.

Who is in charge of that kind of thing to find out for sure? Mine is 207px high and I noticed Kazeyonoma's sig was 204px high so I figured that was within allowable range

to answer your question, I think it looks pretty cool! although it doesn't tell us much, but if looks are what you were after, I like it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'd ask you keep it at 150px maximum signature height including text. Huge signatures are going to be moderated because they're extraordinarily distracting in discussion threads.

Also, remember we didn't have restrictions on our signatures last year. I think it was last year, and we all had signatures that were crazy huge. Then we got to donors being able to have signatures which were modest and without code, and now we've gotten the priveledge to bring some of them back!

Sigh, not as nice as it was because I didn't want to remove the links to Armory, UI & Prot Info so I had to shrink it even further to conform to the standard of both image & text combined being exactly 150px high
    Last edited by Squirrelnut; 08-14-2009 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wars View Post
    Also, remember we didn't have restrictions on our signatures last year. I think it was last year, and we all had signatures that were crazy huge. Then we got to donors being able to have signatures which were modest and without code, and now we've gotten the priveledge to bring some of them back!
    The ability to use sigs has always existed. It's a perk of being a donor on this site. However, we strongly discouraged large signatures and that hasn't changed.

Look at your post (that I'm quoting). More than half of the height of your post, including the title w/ your name, is taken up by a signature. Entire threads where 50% or more of the height of each page is taken up by scrolling past signatures are annoying.

150px is probably fine as a maximum but as a general rule if you can do it smaller it's better.

So is my new sig acceptable now that it is 150px counting image & text below it or would it still be frowned upon? I don't think I can make my little warrior image any smaller without it becoming unrecognizable

I think if someone wants to see all my stats they would probably visit the armory page, replaced :P

+ Reply to Thread