+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2 Sets of Tank Gear

2 Sets of Tank Gear

I was reading a good thread in the Halp section and have this question now.

Do you have a gear set of for getting to the Boss and then another set for the boss?

That might help me with adds and the 1st room on AN etc when all hell breaks loose.

Right now I have one set for prot (tank) build and one set for ret (dps) build.

If I am reading this right for "trash" after def of 540 then I should be looking to Hit next and str for maximizing threat? I am gemed for str and stam and def (stam first).

Being an aspiring tank (doing mostly heroics which I overgear and was gonna try and venture into Naxx-25 this weekend) I'm gathering parts for several sets already, as I did with my mage (differing amounts of hit) and my shaman (throughput vs. longetivity). Tanking is as multifaceted, if not more, as other aspects of the game. You can probably get by on one set for boss tanking but some people prefer to wear a blockset for trash where it is highly effective, and avoidance sets for bossfights to lessen the amount of big blows that land. Furthermore a "threat" set for bosses that require high amounts of DPS (Hodir hard mode), and an EH set for progress bosses that require you to have a healthy buffert of .. health so you and your raid have time alive to practise the mechanics.

Right now I have 4 sets, I have an EH set for learning content regular swing speed, spike damage and magic damage. An avoidance set for fast swing timers, slow swing timers where your healers can get a fair amount of heals on you before the next swing, and for bosses where your healers can't keep up through non spike damage. I am not sure if you are talking about is a trash set that you use to get to a boss where increase your block or a threat set where your priorities are hit and expertise.

Honestly I did not know you needed so many different sets.

I am not sure if I am hard to heal on bosses but usually don't die as long as I know the fight (5 man content right now).

Issues stem for Instance Heroic AN 1st room all the spiders what should my gear look like for max threat because 5-6 spiders come during the 2nd pull so it get's rough for me to maintain aggro on everything.

What is a block set, EH set etc (not sure if you can look at my armory Bloodtop Mannoroth)

I thought block was not what Paladins geared for ever.

Does anyone have a guide on what bosses instances should require certain increases (gear sets?)

Maybe that clarifies what I am asking not sure.

Thanks,

Hey HD im sorta like you i only have one set of gear and i use it for trash tanking and boss tanking i also have a holy set which i never get to use but i only have one set of tanking gear and it revolves around dodge and parry i have 14% block in it havent jhad any complaints from my guild healers in fact they say im too easy to heal on fight like Hodir and Xt and such the spider room in AN as i call it might just be a small threat issue i i recall correctly i run into then him holy wrah the HotR then conc and then my normal rotation this is just my opnion

HD you don't need all those sets but I like to gear towards each encounter. An EH set is Effective health which is armor and hp. An avoidance set is dodge and parry and your right block is a terrible stat for bosses but for trash it helps due to the low initial hit. I am a warrior not sure about pallies but I am pretty sure gearing concepts are pretty much the same.

HD I don't think there are any guides for which bosses and gear sets but just look at the bosses abilities and watch a Project Marmot video and you should have a good enough idea.

+ Reply to Thread