+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A bit squishy

A bit squishy

Since 3.2 i have seen a noticeable increase in damage that i take from raid bosses and heroic bosses. I tank as blood cause that is my personal favorite, but i wonder if im squishy because of my spec or what. My tps has dropped noticeably and i dont like it.
    Here is my armory The World of Warcraft Armory

I was hoping for some spec tweaks and overall critique of my gear.

your not d capped bud

As far as spec tips, I go frost personally so that's out the window if you prefer Blood. Gear-wise, it all looks good except for two things. The first is your leg enchant. Frosthide Leg Armor is the way to go (55sta/22agi, about 120g on my server if you don't know a good LW). Second is that you should be fine in heroics (Avoidance is good, and 535 is the bottom end there) but in raids, you're likely still getting hit with crits because you need a 540 defense. Even two measley little points can make a world of difference. Also, keep working your professions up for the added stam (Mining) and I still like the Monarch Crab as one of the BiS tank trinkets. As nice as your rings are, I'd replace the Signet of Winter with something that grants defense rating. Signet of the Impregnable Fortress should work nicely. I believe it's an emblem item, but don't quote me.
    ...Thoughts of a philosophical Death Knight...
    If death is the inevitable end of life, is life the inevitable end of undeath?

Woops. sorry. i forgot to change my rings back. I am at 550 defense when i raid. I use signet of winter and the imregnable fortress.
    But i tired to tank a 25man toc a few nights ago and i got rocked. my healers where spam healing me and another dk tank and we got rocked. we couldnt stay alive. Is it my gear? or is there something else i need to change.

what boss were they spam healing you on and i suggest u get the dodge sigil form badges and more stam 29k unbuffed is on the low end of health for 25mans

its 31k in frost pres. and it was northrend beasts

It's not much, but Black Heart > Gossamer. It's like a 15 minute instance to run and you can chain run it so you should be able to get it with a decent group in like an hour or two. It's obviously not a huge upgrade, but the proc alone will do a lot more for you than Gossamers will.

If possible, you might want to try and gather some runed orbs for the crafted BS belt, indestructable girdle. it will move your health up a bit more. as a blood tank you're going to want to have a lot more health because you don't have the extra avoidance or dmg mitigation from the frost or unholy trees. Also, see if you can try to improve your parry a bit for some extra avoidance. For more avoidance, see about grabbing the Sigil of Deflection, either from razor or badges as scourge strike, obliterate, or blood strike don't play any role in your threat rotation.

Spec wise, i would see about dropping morbidity and picking up ravenous dead. that will help your threat AND boost your parry a little.

+ Reply to Thread