+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Prot Warrior ToC & Ulduar Hardmode Gear List

As far as rating gear goes I would hold things in a slightly different place.

The Loop of the Twins ring with its socket on Heroic version bests the Signet of the Traitor King on reg 25 man imo.

Im also taking only the shoulder and gloves T9.5 as my only tier. Not because of the 2pc bonus, but rather there are no viable glove upgrades in 3.2.2 other than the tier and the shoulders pretty much put T8.5 and the badge ones to shame.

Helm of the honorbound is a clear winner over the tier IMO, probably even bests the 258 tier as well.

Thank you for the list and the work.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

A question about the listing of Quel'Sarrar (versions 2.0 and 2.5) Are they actually 'ranked' there, or is there a pinch of personal preference? I ask because parses show the buff (sanctuary) has approx 30-40% uptime depending on what the warrior is swinging at. (source: our guild's wws vs. some logs found in the comments) I've always considered them to be a sort of trophy weapon for warriors (of which the original with crusader is still in my bank from classic days.) unlike the revamped OEB which definately has some usability. I'm really uncomfortable with an uncontrollable (but awsome) proc versus static numbers, mostly because as a warrior I've strived from beta release to 3.2 to reduce damage spikes, only to find my old enemy and best friend rated higher then my little FL25 paper cutter. I was just wondering your thoughts on this?

No long drawn out explainations are necessary, I just want to know the methodology or if there was any math behind it that I'm missing? (an answer of "none" would just as well suffice, as choice is a part of tanking.)

Use of the Quel'Serrar is really a situational preference. Some people hate it due to lack of constant stats while others feel it is the best in the game due to melee mitigation provided during proc. It is difficult to rank something like that because any choice you make is completely nullified from fight to fight. Personally I carry 3 weapons with me at all times, Ardent Guard (default), Blood & Glory (block set), Quel'Serrar for specialized situations where most incoming damage will be melee but individual hits won't be overly large where bad luck on procs would get me killed (and it looks cool).

If I didn't have any other ilvl 245 weapon and it was between the Quel and something like Titanguard I would likely go with the Quel because its proc is excellent, great threat output and decent cooldown usage can keep you up if you are unlucky on procs.

Thanks for helping me get my head around it.

("Looks cool" is arguably the best reason. What's tanking if you can't do it in style =P )

For that reason and that reason only I got Mongoose on it and wear it in most 5m heroic farming :P

any reason why Cloak of the Unmoving Guardian / Cloak of the Unflinching Guardian isn't listed? Do you rate them worse than the others even though its just a downgraded version of Magni's/Cairne's?

I think it's right after Pride of the Demon Lord heroic but that's just me.

It is off the 50 attempt tribute chest on 10m heroic.
    Last edited by nimchip; 11-13-2009 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nimchip View Post
    any reason why Cloak of the Unmoving Guardian / Cloak of the Unflinching Guardian isn't listed? Do you rate them worse than the others even though its just a downgraded version of Magni's/Cairne's?

I think it's right after Pride of the Demon Lord heroic but that's just me.

It is off the 50 attempt tribute chest on 10m heroic.
    This list was created at the time of ToC's release, I don't think these cloaks had been found at the time. I updated the list to include it (I should considering I am wearing the horde version of it right now lol), thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelnut View Post
    This list was created at the time of ToC's release, I don't think these cloaks had been found at the time. I updated the list to include it (I should considering I am wearing the horde version of it right now lol), thanks for the heads up.

Sure

Great work on the list too.

may want to look at the shoulders from heroic Faction champs 10 man. They are better in most cases than the 245 tier shoulders.

Sunreaver Defender's Pauldrons - Item - World of Warcraft
    [2-07-08 08:57 AM] Enelrad: hahaha, that and you're ugly! Ugly tanks tank better
    [3-19-08 02:23 PM] Enelrad: Im really a 12 yr old boy from GA
    Notice: You are currently banned from the shoutbox.

+ Reply to Thread