+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Prot Warrior ToC & Ulduar Hardmode Gear List

Prot Warrior ToC & Ulduar Hardmode Gear List

In-Progress... still adding more items, changing order, etc as information appears

I. Gear
    Weapon | Shield | Ranged | Head | Neck | Shoulder | Back | Chest | Wrist| Hands | Waist | Legs | Boots | Rings | Trinkets

II. Gems
    Blue | Red | Yellow| Green | Purple | Orange

III. Specs
    Threat | Progression | UA

In preparation for gearing up in the new content I am putting together a list of the new gear so that I know what is available to prioritize. Feel free to jump in with any suggestions, this is not a full list yet or prioritized based on any mathematical calculations this is simply a list I put together on my guild's forum to help me keep an eye out for things (I am unimpressed with the T9 4pc set bonus for PvE). To each their own so make your own judgment.

As many of the links as possible use wowhead however many pieces are not included in their database yet so some links don't have popup stats and you have to follow the link to mmochampion to see info on the gear (ironically the legs that I got on Tuesday (8-11-09) are still not in wowhead).

*Note - this listing is currently Horde sided, many pieces have an Alliance counterpart

THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS; THREAD ORGANIZATION MAY BE MODIFIED, CHECK BACK FREQUENTLY FOR UPDATES.

I. Gear

Weapon
    - Ogrim's Deflector - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 258 - 25m heroic - off tribute chest)
    - Blood and Glory - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 245 - 10m heroic - off Tribute Chest)
    - Ardent Guard - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 245 - 10m heroic - off Anub'arak)
    - Burnished Quel'Serrar - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 245 - 25m Onyxia)
    - Sorthalis, Hammer of the Watchers - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 239 - Ulduar 25m hardmode - off Deconstructor)
    - Shiver - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 232 - Ulduar10 hardmode - off Hodir)
    - Ardent Guard - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 232 - 10m normal - off Anub'arak)
    - Titanguard - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 232 - Ulduar25 normal - off Flame Leviathan) Not a hardmode drop but due to VERY limited tank weapon choices I am including in the list
    - Gleaming Quel'Serrar - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 232 - 10m Onyxia)

Shield
    - Forlorn Barrier - Item - World of Warcraft (ivl 258 - 25m heroic - off icehowl)
    - Aegis of the Coliseum - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 245 - 10m heroic - off Anub'arak)
    - Forlorn Barrier - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 245 - 25m normal - off icehowl)
    - The Boreal Guard - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 232 - Ulduar10 Hardmode - off Hodir)
    - Aegis of the Coliseum - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 232 - 10m normal - off Anub'arak)

Ranged
    - Blades of the Sable Cross - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 245 - 25 Triumph Emblems)
    - Veranus' Bane - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 232 - Ulduar25 normal Razorscale) Not a hardmode but still one of the few good ranged tank weapons

Head
    - Hellscream's Greathelm of Triumph - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 258 - 25m heroic)
    - Helm of Wrath - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 245 - 25m Onyxia)
    - Headplate of the Honorbound - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 245 - 75 Triumph Emblems)
    - Hellscream's Greathelm of Triumph - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 245 - 75 Triumph Emblems & Trophy of Crusade)
    - Faceguard of Wrath - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 232 - 10m Onyxia)
    - Hellscream's Greathelm of Conquest - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 232 - 50 Triumph Emblems)

Neck
    - Legionnaire's Gorget - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 258 - 25m heroic - off Fjola Lightbane)
    - Endurance of the Infernal - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 245 - 10m heroic - off Lord Jaraxxus)
    - Eskhandar's Links - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 245 - 25m Onyxia)
    - Endurance of the Infernal - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 232 - 10m normal - off Lord Jaraxxus)
    - Legionnaire's Gorget - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 245 - 25m normal - off Fjola Lightbane)
    - Bronze Pendant of the Vanir - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 239 - Ulduar 25m Hardmode Freya)
    - Eskhandar's Choker - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 232 - 10m Onyxia)

Shoulders
    - Hellscream's Pauldrons of Triumph - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 258 - 25m heroic)
    - Hellscream's Pauldrons of Triumph - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 245 - 45 Triumph Emblems & 1 Trophy of Crusade)
    - Shoulderplates of Enduring Order - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 245 - 45 Triumph Emblems)
    - Hellscream's Pauldrons of Conquest - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 232 - 30 Triumph Emblems)

Back
    - Cairne's Endurance (ilvl 272 - 25m heroic - off Tribute Chest)
    - Cloak of the Unflinching Guardian - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 258 - 10m heroic - off Tribute Chest 50 attempts remaining)
    - Pride of the Demon Lord - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 258 - 25m heroic - off Jaraxxus)
    - Pride of the Demon Lord - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 245 - 25m normal - off Jaraxxus)
    - Titanskin Cloak - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 239 - Ulduar 25m hardmode - off Mimiron)

Chest
    - Chestplate of the Towering Monstrosity - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 258 - 25m heroic - off Icehowl)
    - Hellscream's Breastplate of Triumph - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 258 - 25m heroic)
    - Breastplate of the White Knight - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 245 - Crafted)
    - Chestguard of the Warden - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 245 - 10m heroic - off Anub'arak)
    - Chestplate of the Towering Monstrosity - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 245 - 25m normal - off icehowl)
    - Hellscream's Breastplate of Triumph - Item - World of Warcraft (75 Triumph Emblems & Trophy of Crusade)
    - Chestguard of the Warden - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 232 - 10m normal - off Anub'arak)

Wrist
    - Bracers of the Shieldmaiden - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 258 - 25m heroic - off Fjola Lightbane)
    - Dreadscale Bracers - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 245 - 10m heroic - off Icehowl)
    - Saronite Swordbreakers - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 245 - crafted)
    - Bracers of the Shieldmaiden - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 245 - 25m normal - off Fjola Lightbane)
    - Dreadscale Bracers - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 232 - 10m normal - off Icehowl)

Hands
    - Hellscream's Handguards of Triumph - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 258 - 25m heroic)
    - Hellscream's Handguards of Triumph - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 245 - 45 Triumph Emblems & 1 Trophy of Crusade)
    - Handguards of Revitalization - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 239 - Ulduar25 hardmode - off Freya)

Waist
    - Girdle of Bloodied Scars - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 258 - 25m heroic - off Faction Champions)
    - Belt of the Nether Champion - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 245 - 10m heroic - off Jaraxxus)
    - Girdle of Bloodied Scars - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 245 - 25m normal - off Faction Champions)
    - Belt of the Nether Champion - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 232 - 10m normal - off Jaraxxus)
    - Indestructible Plate Girdle - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 226 - crafted) Not a new recipe but similar quality to the new 232 belt so I figured it can't hurt to be listed.

Legs
    - Legplates of Feverish Dedication - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 258 - 25m heroic - off Jaraxxus)
    - Hellscream's Legguards of Triumph - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 258 - 25m heroic)
    - Legplates of Feverish Dedication - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 245 - 25m normal - off Jaraxxus)
    - Hellscream's Legguards of Triumph - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 245 - 75 Triumph Emblems & Trophy of Crusade)

Boots
    - Dawnbreaker Greaves - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 258 - 25m heroic - off Jaraxxus)
    - Greaves of the Lingering Vortex - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 245 - 10m heroic - off Fjola Lightbane)
    - Dawnbreaker Greaves - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 245 - 25m normal - off Jaraxxus)
    - Greaves of the Lingering Vortex - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 232 - 10m normal - off Fjola Lightbane)

Rings
    - Band of the Traitor King - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 258 - 25m heroic - off Anub'arak)
    - Band of the Traitor King - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 245 - 25m normal - off Anub'arak)
    - Band of the Twin Val'kyr - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 245 - 10m heroic - off Fjola Lightbane )
    - Clutch of Fortification - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 245 - 35 Triumph Emblems)
    - Fate's Clutch - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 239 - Ulduar25 Hardmode - off Thorim)
    - Signified Ring of Binding - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 245 - 25m Onyxia)
    - Band of the Twin Val'kyr - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 232 - 10m normal - off Fjola Lightbane)
    - Runed Ring of Binding - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 232 - 10m Onyxia)

Trinkets
    - Juggernaut's Vitality - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 258 - 25m heroic - off Faction Champions)
    - Juggernaut's Vitality - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 245 - 25m normal - off Faction Champions)
    - Heart of Iron - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 226 - Ulduar25 normal - off Ignis) I know this isn't a hardmode but due to lack of better alternatives imma still use it
    - Eitrigg's Oath - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 245 - 10m heroic - off Faction Champions)
    - Purified Onyxia Blood Talisman - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 245 - 25m & 10m Onyxia Quest Reward)
    - Glyph of Indomitability - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 245 - 50 Triumph Emblems)
    - Eitrigg's Oath - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 232 - 10m normal - off Faction Champions)
    - Vengeance of the Forsaken - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 245 - 10m heroic - off Faction Champions)
    - Mark of Supremacy - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 245 - 50 Triumph Emblems)
    - Vengeance of the Forsaken - Item - World of Warcraft (ilvl 232 - 10m normal - off Faction Champions)

II. Gems
    With the release of 3.2 came many epic gems to improve tank stats and increase to JC gem stats. Only included gems with tank stats: stam, defense, dodge, parry, expertise, hit

Blue
    - Solid Dragon's Eye - Item - World of Warcraft (stam - JC ONLY)
    - Solid Majestic Zircon - Item - World of Warcraft (stam)
    - Solid Stormjewel - Item - World of Warcraft (stam - FISHING REWARD)

Red
    - Subtle Dragon's Eye - Item - World of Warcraft (dodge - JC ONLY)
    - Subtle Cardinal Ruby - Item - World of Warcraft (dodge)
    - Flashing Dragon's Eye - Item - World of Warcraft (parry - JC ONLY)
    - Flashing Cardinal Ruby - Item - World of Warcraft (parry)
    - Precise Dragon's Eye - Item - World of Warcraft (expertise - JC ONLY)
    - Precise Cardinal Ruby - Item - World of Warcraft (expertise)

Yellow
    - Thick Dragon's Eye - Item - World of Warcraft (defense - JC ONLY)
    - Thick King's Amber - Item - World of Warcraft (defense)
    - Rigid Dragon's Eye - Item - World of Warcraft (hit - JC ONLY)
    - Rigid King's Amber - Item - World of Warcraft (hit)
    - Mystic Dragon's Eye - Item - World of Warcraft (resilience - JC ONLY)
    - Mystic King's Amber - Item - World of Warcraft (resilience)

Green (blue or yellow socket)
    - Enduring Eye of Zul - Item - World of Warcraft (defense/stam)
    - Vivid Eye of Zul - Item - World of Warcraft (hit/stam)
    - Steady Eye of Zul - Item - World of Warcraft (resilience/stam)

Purple (red or blue socket)
    - Regal Dreadstone - Item - World of Warcraft (dodge/stam)
    - Defender's Dreadstone - Item - World of Warcraft (parry/stam)
    - Guardian's Dreadstone - Item - World of Warcraft (expertise/stam)

Orange (red or yellow)
    - Glimmering Ametrine - Item - World of Warcraft (parry/defense)
    - Resolute Ametrine - Item - World of Warcraft (expertise/defense)
    - Accurate Ametrine - Item - World of Warcraft (expertise/hit)

III. Specs
    These are merely some alternatives to consider since the new gear available provides tanks the ability to itemize and compliment different specs.

Threat
    - 15/5/51 (Old standard with 2 points in Cruelty and 3 points in Focused Rage)
    Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft
    - 15/5/51 (Variation to old standard with 5 points in Shield Specialization to benefit from 3.2 addition of rage on avoidance)
    - 15/3/53 (Drop cruelty for Shield Spec / Focused Rage)
    - 15/3/53 (Balance of threat & survivability with Deep Wounds combined with Imp Disciplines, Shield Wall/Last Stand glyphs for 2 minute cooldowns)

Progression
    - 5/15/51 (Limited threat with no Deep Wounds or Focused Rage but maximized shouts/health)
    - 5/10/56 (No deep wounds but full Demo Shout, Shield Specialization and Focused Rage)

UA
    - 37/0/34 (Default UA spec)
    - 37/1/33 (UA with benefit of Armored to the Teeth & 2 minute Shield Wall)
    Last edited by Bloodwraith; 12-09-2009 at 12:40 PM.

You're missing Saronite Swordbreakers http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47570.
    Last edited by Arman; 08-13-2009 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Grammatical

Fixed. There are probably a fair number of crafted pieces I missed, if anyone notices any others let me know. Thanks, I added it to my list.

I should have mentioned that this was a horde sided listing so most pieces have an alliance counterpart. Once wowhead catches up with all the new lewtz and the links are more functional I will include both alliance/horde versions. I'll add a note to the original thread.

Yowzer!!

Outstanding work man. I'm linking this to my guild page (with kudo's and references) as we speak!

My personal fav right now is "The Black Heart" - yeah its only 5man material but its a beauty.
    Last edited by Meythos; 08-13-2009 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelnut View Post
    Fixed. There are probably a fair number of crafted pieces I missed, if anyone notices any others let me know. Thanks, I added it to my list.

I should have mentioned that this was a horde sided listing so most pieces have an alliance counterpart. Once wowhead catches up with all the new lewtz and the links are more functional I will include both alliance/horde versions. I'll add a note to the original thread.
    Yes, it's a little annoying from a gear list perspective eh? It also makes me sad that I can't get Satrina's trinket.

Perversely shouldn't the faction champs be dropping things named after their side? I mean we are looting their corpses right? Or does Garrosh/Varian give us a bounty for their heads.

Thanks in advance for putting this together! I have nothing to add at the moment, but I'll keep my eyes open.
    Stay strong. Stay smart. All heart.

nice list Squirrel, I'll add a link to it in the gear guides listing sticky.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Thanks, much appreciated. Not really worthy of it yet but considering we don't know what all is available yet and wowhead doesn't even have links for half the stuff that is available I figure it has plenty of room to improve

Quick question. Can you have different versions of Juggernaut equipped?

We will probably have to wait till someone actually gets em to know for sure :P but I would expect not. At the very least the use cooldown is probably on the same timer so if you use one you couldn't benefit from the others 'on use' ability.
    Last edited by Squirrelnut; 08-13-2009 at 03:53 PM.

There's no reason why you couldn't have different versions of Juggernaut equipped, they have different item IDs and there's nothing on the trinket that would indicate that they are not both equippable.

edit: You can't really simplify tanking gear down to BiS. There's BiS for EH, BiS for AV, and BiS for Threat. Not everyone values the same stats the same way you do. If you are going to do a gear list for ToC, I would suggest following halandir's format. Otherwise all you're really doing is making a personal wishlist for everyone to look at.
    Last edited by Eetabeetay; 08-13-2009 at 03:37 PM.

That is true, however considering the fact that we don't know what all is out yet, it isn't available yet, and links aren't up on wowhead yet I figure it clearly isn't in its final stages of sorting.

As of right now it IS a wishlist that I thought the community might be interested in seeing. I plan on adjusting its items, layout, etc as more information becomes available over time and will remove the rudimentary number categorization and replace with gear set type (eh/threat/av/block).
    Last edited by Squirrelnut; 08-13-2009 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelnut View Post
    That is true, however considering the fact that we don't know what all is out yet, it isn't available yet, and links aren't up on wowhead yet I figure it clearly isn't in its final stages of sorting.
    Actually all the gear IS known. Blizzard posted it all on the armory, including the 25 man tribute chest stuff.

Might want to add the new throwing tank weapon for 25 emblems Blades of the Sable Cross - Item - World of Warcraft

Yeah I saw an increase across the board when I moused over that item today on the vendor according to ratingbuster. Also I'm using the gun from razorscale. Pretty sweet item if you're swimming in badges.

Love the work to start us a new list of good gear and ranked BiS but I have one big issue presently that I am going to address in another post but also wanted to add here.

High dmg weapons are again crushing fast def+ stat weapons for both dmg and threat with the change in Devestate to 100% dmg and the Glyph of dev along with the increase in bleed dmg among other things.

I just swapped out my Sorthalis, Hammer of the Watchers - Item - World of Warcraft for my 10-hard mode Serilas, Blood Blade of Invar One-Arm - Item - World of Warcraft and it is by far the superior Weapon. Do you plan to add these Ulduar and Colosium Items that don't have DEF to the list as they will be the weapons to grab?

Quote Originally Posted by Arman View Post
    Might want to add the new throwing tank weapon for 25 emblems Blades of the Sable Cross - Item - World of Warcraft
    Added a ranged section to the list thanks! I am glad to see at least 1 new piece show up, hopefully there will be more.

Quote Originally Posted by Eetabeetay View Post
    Actually all the gear IS known. Blizzard posted it all on the armory, including the 25 man tribute chest stuff.
    It would appear either the armory is still missing some things or their sorting has problems because although they do a good job showing many new pieces they don't seem to have all the tier set stuff up there yet

check MMO-Champion's loot list, it for sure has everything. as far as tier stuff, you can look that up in game.

Eetabeetay, he did say this was a work in progress. I would think you would be greatful for some1 taking the time to do this and stop bashing the way he is doing it.
    I dont see you putting in the time all I see are words
    Give the guy a break..

I haven't been "bashing" him at all. I appreciate that someone's trying to put together a BiS list for ToC. All I'm trying to do is help him along. As I previously stated, a "Wish List" is practically useless (which he agreed with), and the rest of my posts were simply leading him to the completed gear lists. I don't have the time to properly put together a BiS list and I was simply offering feedback.

+ Reply to Thread