+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Avoidance VS. Stam

Avoidance VS. Stam

Check out my armory...i can hit 40k raid buffed when i want to...there are other tanks with lots higher stam but i have no trouble the way i am...i prefer mitigation to stam...just want an opinion on this for unholy dk tanks...ty...The World of Warcraft Armory

Hi Mate

how are you finding your unholy build, I used to be unholy before 3.2 and had no trouble tanking up to Hodir. But now i find it hard to tank bloody UK heroic.

Can you when you have a look at my spec and talents give me some pointer, shoudl i got back to unholy ??

many thanks
    The World of Warcraft Armory

jon

i love my unholy build...i have a ton of single target threat as well as aoe threat...granted unholy tanks lost a portion of aoe threat but the increase in dmg per disease almost remade up for it...the change to unhoily blight increased our single target threat as well...i still have plenty of stam when i need it and plenty of mitigation...I dont know about the other servers..but on ghostlands i am tanking stuff that other dk's just dont get to or cant handle...Ur frost spec looks ok...not a big fan of it myself...lacks aoe...but you should do fine if u put points in lichborne and morbitity.I dont realy knock any tank prefernce..But i am a diehard unholy fan through and through. I would love to hear ?'s or comments about my build and or gear.I am always lookin to better myself as well

Basically the whole point between EH theory is that the more you can take the more time your healers have to react to your damage. You take more damage, but you can afford to as long as your healers can handle the mana cost of it (and the obvious throughput of it). Avoidance is perfectly fine compared to stamina, so long as it works for your raid. If heavy avoidance works for you it probably means you have a pretty solid healing group. Honestly you should ask your healers which they would prefer you to have though. They're the ones that have to deal with your gearing choice, not you.

+ Reply to Thread