+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3.2 DK Tank Gearing

3.2 DK Tank Gearing

With the new content release it seems the DK tank loot list needs to be revamped. There are so many options between the 4 raid instances and the vendor that I bet everyone's head is spinning about what to get and if any items are a priority over one another. Anyone have any clues if someone is trying to accomplish this task?

At 1st glance do any of the mods have a list of what to get 1st from vendors or drops? Certainly many DK's know by looking at the items and checking the stats to know if they are an upgrade or not. However, it's hard to decide at times if a vendor item is worth purchasing instead of hoping for a drop from a raid zone.

For example I searched this site for information regarding our new tanking Sigil to decide, should I spend my 1st 25 badges on the item or not. Alas, the search found no results. Seems with our changes that we should try to discuss our thoughts on gear choices and come to a conclusion of what we should get and recommend to new dk's coming to the site for gearing information.

my only real concern about the new sigil is that the item's text if i remember correct says "your runestrike has a chance to increase your dodge rating by *cant remember how much i think it said 200* for 20 seconds". So to me that means that your rune strikes might not always grant you extra dodge, however, 20 seconds instead of the 5 seconds(off memory, sorry my net is capped at the moment or else i would come to you with exacts on all details) on the current sigil is a pretty tasty upgrade before you include the extra dodge rating that comes with it.
    i'm sure that the emblem of triumph vendor sigil wouldnt have been released if it wasnt better though

Ive heard it has near 100% uptime due to the fact it lasts so long. So while every rune strike may not proc it, you will more then likely rune strike several times over a 20 second period. Because of this and the high chance to proc people are saying it's just about always up.

I am hoping to have my post meet that need, it can be seen here:

3.2 tank loot list

I am keeping updated with what is able to be dropped right now. This weekend when I have more time I will see if I can get a list together of the remaining two bosses and the heroic drops as well.

It takes a long time to sift though the loot and find everything and make it look nice and neat for everyone to use. I do need feedback on what people want to see so feel free to PM me or leave a reply on the post. Are you looking for a best in slot list or just a list sorted by ilevel? If your are looking for best in slot, what are you give priority to? EH? Avoidance? Threat? Are you looking for a non-heroic gear list?

I opted to go for a sorted by iLevel to get the leg work out of the way. As a master list like this will pave the way for other lists people want to create.

Long story short I need feedback.
    I'll try to be nicer if you try to be smarter.
    Kens˙

cheers for that pruke, although i have enough triumph emblems now to get it i've decided i'll save my badges and if my guild doesnt down yogg this week or the death knight t8.5 shoulders dont drop from yogg's corpse i'll probably replace my shoulders with the badge tier 9 + trophy shoulder's.
    also i'm attempting to get together a list similar to what i saw a while back on, i think, elitist jerks, it had the items sorted into bis for effective health, avoidance and hit/expertise (threat) as priority, sets including the progression involved be it 25 man with 10 man up to hard modes, or full hard modes on 25 man.
    however i'm currently on dial up internet speeds 'cos my house mates used up our download limit and to hold me back just that little bit more, the heroic versions of the tier are not listed on armory. however here are a few of the non-tier items and i thought i'd start getting peoples input as well so that the list is 100% correct. Once i can get online on world of warcraft while at home i'll be doing things much speedier and relying less on others for help haha but in the mean time, which of these will be our non-tier item if keeping 4 set bonus:
    Chestplate of the towering monstrosity, 25 man heroic The World of Warcraft Armory
    or
    Legguards of Feverish Dedication, 25 man heroic The World of Warcraft Armory

Just going by the extra stam on the legplates over the chest i'd probably say gearing with stam being the biggest increase point for point for your EH go the leggings! however as previously mentioned not able to access wow from home atm so can't compare these with the heroic versions of tier 9

for belt, bracers and boots girdle/belt of bloodied scars, bracers/armguards of the shieldmaiden and dawnbreaker sabatons/greaves are the only ilvl 258 items currently listed on armory.

also what is the spreadsheet application most people use when doing their tables for loot lists and item stat comparisons, may as well go to the effort of getting a program that makes all the effort easier and neater.

As far as the new sigil goes, it has about an 80% proc rate and has a 10 second cooldown. Since it lasts for 20 seconds it can refresh itself before it drops assuming that you can proc it in that ten seconds.
    I'll try to be nicer if you try to be smarter.
    Kens˙

+ Reply to Thread