+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Black heart or 2 JC stam trinkets

Black heart or 2 JC stam trinkets

Hello again, I am having a tough time deciding what to trinkets i should go with for MTing Ima JC so i have access to the BoP stam trinkets which are
    Figurine - Monarch Crab - Item - World of Warcraft
    and
    Figurine - Ruby Hare - Item - World of Warcraft
    Currently i am using both these trinkets with a 51 stam gem in one socker and a 30 stam gem in another One comes out to 143 stam and the other 144 i am having a hard time deciding if i should get
    The Black Heart - Item - World of Warcraft
    It has Less stamina but the effect is better then the Rabbit trinket so i am torn any advice?

If you used two of the +30 stam gems in your trinkets it'd be less stam than the black heart, and you could move the Dragon's Eye to another socket (netting you overall more HP). I'd go for the black heart, over the ruby hare.

Ok thank you im gonna start farmng the normal instance for it then i like the 30% speed boost but think the armor might help alittle bit more=P

I was lucky and got the Black Heart on my second run. I can tell you that the proc rate is really good, although the animation is a PITA.

Black Heart over Ruby Hare. The Black Heart's procc is incredible. I've tested it a little, and it'd internal cooldown is around 45 sec like many other trinkets and has a 20 - 30% procc-chance, meaning it will be up for 10 sec every at least 60 sec. That's more than 1k consisten armour!

I'd agree with what the others have posted here, but I'm curious - would you guys also use it over the Crab?
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

I would also use it over the Crab.

Black heart is rather usefull for heavy physical damage bosses (Algalon, Thorim), even it's proc is random. Even I am not a JC i would use this trinket over Ruby hare defenitly , and over crab most of times (you don't really want to use JC gems in crab, when have 226+ item level gear).

I use Heart of Iron and Black Heart for physical bosses, and Heart of Iron + Crab for magic damage heavy encounters.

The proc is really awesome - first "proper" fight I've used it in was Hodir Hard on 10-man last night. I was the only Paladin so I was missing Kings and Devotion Aura (in favour of Frost Resist) and even despite that, I was getting 43k armour with the pot and proc (which has around 20% uptime from my estimation). When it proc'd during Frozen Blows, I was taking significantly less damage. Very impressed with it.

I personally run Monarch Crab and Black Heart, though I'm still after Heart of Iron someday. Black Heart replaced Essence of Gossamer for me.

I just had Blackheart drop 2 days ago. I had long run the Hare & Crab, and that's where I stacked up my Sta dragon eyes...so they've been hard to part with. I passed up Lavanthor, Gossamer, and Valor Medal to stick with my little blue JC trinks...good as those are, I just couldn't dump that much Stamina (Tankpoints seemed to agree with me...).

Blackheart, however, just too good to pass up. The armor buff is pretty huge, and the +123 Sta is enough to make replacement of the Hare worthwhile. I lost a net 40 Sta (instead of the 100+ Sta I would have lost by going to any of the other trinkets above). My HP high enough now that the Sta cost was palatable. In fact...I somewhat suspect that Blizz specifically designed Blackheart to finally give us JC tanks something for which we'd trade out our crafted trinket "stamina pools", at long last.

I DPS'd in all our runs yesterday, so I haven't had a chance to check out the proc rate in combat. Am encouraged by what I read.

Will miss the Ruby Hare though...generally useless as the run speed boost is, I had a couple spots where I liked to use it (Galdarah in Gundrak...I always drag him over to the 2nd boss location to avoid snakewraps).

The Black Heart

The Black Heart has a 45second ICD, it usually wont proc until about the 55-60second mark however unless you are tanking many mobs, Algalon, etc. The proc gives 7056 Armor and lasts 10seconds, so assuming it's proccing every cooldown its worth 1568 Armor. While it's up it's worth about 5% DR in Normal Mode 25man Ulduar Gear, or like 1.1% overall.

I think Black Heart would be the same if not better than Satrina/Juggernaught 258. So yes it will be better than a JC trinket.
    ICC 7/9 http://www.hysteriaguild.net/ -Recruiting CasterDPS(esp SPreist)

Still working on getting the trinket ben kind of lazy been working on my rogue more then on my pally when not raiding but seems like everyone in my guild has it now for their main or their offspec one of these days ill get unlazybut who knows when lol im currently working the crab and furnace stone from iggy im liking the 27.55% dodge unbuffed while at 30% fully buffed with 42k Health flasked so haveing alittle trouble deciding

+ Reply to Thread