+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Coliseum Lord Jaraxxus

In 10m last night we did not interrupt a single fel fireball, they hit for ~12-13k the dot (which we did not dispell) ticked for ~3k when there is no Nether Power affecting the boss. I'm sure in 25m it would be more intense.

Shield Slam does remove Nether power as well as purge and priest dispell. While shield slam is not very reliable, I removed a fair number of debuffs throughout the fight. (we didn't bring a mage)

If you use a pally healer beacon of light does not transfer healing to the beacon target when when the pally switches to healing through incinerate debuff.

Control the adds, stay spread out, don't poop fire on yourself and this fight is cake. Steelbreaker definitely hits harder.

If you would like a 10m video you can see one here:

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kae6ZLTWtRc"

the quality is high enough to read my SCT and get a good idea of inc. damage. Our healers did mention it was intense, but had we interrupted the fireball I'm sure it would have been easier.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

Thanks for adding this, it was pretty spot in with how my guild did it yesterday. And thanks for providing the transcript, that is a very nice touch imo. As noted above though, Purge DEFINITELY helps. When his buff stacks get too high that Fireball is a beast, otherwise though the MT has a fairly easy job in this fight. It's more a question of everyone else doing their job.

One shot this fight (10 man) on Tuesday. Incredibly easy, had a Warrior tank the boss, who managed to interrupt every fireball using Shield Bash (except the one he tried to Spell Reflect). The passive dispel on Shield Slam must have helped with his spell damage buff, as we did not notice it as a factor.

Just had our second tank pick up the adds and every DPS burn them down quickly.

Once again a great guide, thanks folks! It really helps to know beforehand what to look for in terms of visuals and effects, it allows you to quickly identify whats happening!
    "Yes." - Captain Obvious

Lord Jaraxxus is a failry easy fight, my guild managed to 1 shot it while recording about 10 deaths, using 3 brezes and 2 ankhs(though the brez people died 30 seconds later).

From what I observed as melee, 1 interupted can easily take out the fel fireball. However it will be cast frequently. I beleive recount listed over 50 interupts. I'd recommend spreading out around LJ as the lightning doesn't get stronger as it bounces, and the fire debuff can catch melee offgaurd. DPSing Mistresses of Pain on top of LJ will benefit melee dps greatly.

From what I observed the 2 most imporant things about this fight are the 1) nether power buff and 2) the healing debuff. Nether power can and will make fel lightning one shot players, and if cast on melee kill all 3 targets(i was hit at one point for 32k).

Honestly as an enh shaman my class could be soley on controling LJ between our new and very fast interupt, and being able to purge the Nether Power buff(if your mages are...slow witted)
    I remember The Beets - Killer Tofu Tour

Banish

IF the infernals are driving you nuts remember the 3 following things:

1)Locks can Banish the Infernals!!!

2)Locks can Banish the Infernals!!!

3)Locks can Banish the Infernals!!!

We didn't try it on the Mistress of Pain... but we will next week.

That is all.
    Last edited by Orcgazmo; 08-13-2009 at 04:14 PM.

Just one shotted him today on 10 man, pretty simple fight following the video. Healers said it was easier for them on this fight than it was for Beasts.

For the interrupts, as a Prot Warrior you can pretty much interrupt them all your self if you needed (atleast for 10 man while the risk isn't high), but I had a dedicated Rogue on Jaraxxus at all times as I wasn't too sure before we attempted him. Only one got through (was moving him away from Infernals), but didn't hit very hard, barely any healing was needed on me, more so on the OT as we had some of the adds build up abit too much at one point.

10-man movie added!

I've done this in 10 man and 25 man, what surprised me was how easy it was.

You can make the interrupt timer yourself with bash on 10 man and there is always plenty of interrupts on 25 man

I was certainly expecting something harder to be honest.
    Anu (80 Warrior)
    Tank for The Untouchables - Runetotem (EU)

Say hi to Jaraxxus
    Before he attaxxus
    Y'rly!

With hs giant maraxxus

Mistresses cannot be banished. Infernals were easy enough to handle if all dps turned and nuked. Tank damage felt low as I would get rage starved freqently enough to wish berzerker rage had a shorter cooldown.

We found that positioning was key to victory for us. We had healers spread out evenly in the triangles of the star, ranged taking spots between healers and we just completely ignored distance for the fel lightning since the damage was easily healed. We also went fire res aura heavy with 2 paladins and 2 shamans providing the buff to different sides of the room.

Legion flame was probably the most annoying thing. I had a melee get it and not move which created a death spot as all the seperate patches will stack together like the eredar boss in arcatraz.

Well it's a good thing this game gets easier and easier, justifies keeping my subscription active. What would we possibly do without our shiny ilvl245 shinies?

1 shot 25m and 10m without anyone seeing the fight before, or reading anything about it.

Yeah one thing most people won't see because their raids won't get to it is that he does have an enrage timer. My guild had like 10 people left on 25 man and tried to finish him but at like 10 minutes in he enraged and one shoted the group. But besides that if everyone switches to the adds right when they spawn this boss is easy mode.

Grid2

Nice vids indeed, helping us a lot in overall progression
    Al though i have one question:
    How do i get mana, rage, RP and energy to show up with grid2?
    Tried going through all the setting options over and over again. can't find anything.
    Thankful if anyone knows the answer
    Yellowbird

GridManaBars
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca
    Everyone marvels at a square egg, but only the chicken understands the PAIN.

Not sure what I'm doing a whole lot wrong, but one thing that seems to get our group is the infernals. I'm a pally and our off tank, but it doesn't seem like the infernals listen to me at all, my taunt and righteous defense don't seem to pull them away and they usually end up scattering on me causing problems. any ideas?

Well, in theory, as a Pally OT, I should be able to hold onto the infernals, right? Well, in my case, problem exists between keyboard and chair. Yes, I'll poke at myself, and my guild knows I'm a terrible multi-add tank.

But as for the infernals, they didn't listen to me either. And they wouldn't come back, even if Omen, PB and Blizz all showed that I was the threat target. Maybe we had a glitched instance, that's NEVER happened before. *snort* We did nuke Jaraxxus, we just switched tank duty. I got the demon, and the DK got the add-tanking.

I hope this one is harder on 25m but, Ive tanked him twice now.
    First time i was OT (though much better geared then MT) but the DK could interupt the FFB, but he did not notice he could so he died most of the times duo he did not have the def cap. he died of a FFB Crit on 60% of boss health, So i took aggro on boss + adds i just had a other DK keeping the FFB off me and i could easily tank adds + boss.

(im a pally )

the second time we did it we did not have any trouble just the useall pugs we take dieing because they dont seem to notice green stuff on the group gives makes me die... hey... i might need to get out of it... but they dont do it.. so they died.

Having a pally as OT is easyer, Just have him stun the infernals.

Also the infernals were not keeping me as main threat target even i have all threat on them. Might be a bug, we got a server restart a hour after that.
    There is no "ctrl" on Fluxx his keyboard... Fluxx is always in control.

Help with two major annoyances

Last night we did our first run of this instance. I'd watched the awesome videos here beforehand but we still had two issues. The Mistress of Pain bodyslammed and one shotted one of the mages . . . is there no way to interrupt this attack or at least tell who she's going to do this to? Also, the Infernals were impossible to keep aggro on. I read today they can be banished, but are there any other tips on keeping aggro on them or anything? The little buggers were all over the place, and would not stay with my OT no matter how much taunting he did. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread