+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate The UI Above

Krehinth - 7/10.

I like how compact it is, its nice and clean - but I'm not sure I could have my character boxed in like that by UI elements I could click on.

My UI - 2 versions of the same pic. The first has captions for what each part is, and what might not be shown currently. The second is the image I would see in game.

I know there will be comments about " Your Target bar, player bar, ToT bar should be moved down toward the bottom of the screen so your eyes don't have to go to the top". I've tried it. I HATE it. Personally I can't stand having stuff at the "feet" of my character. I like to generally be able to see and click on things behind my character if need be. I like the player/target/tot bar to be up top as my eyes go up more naturally than down.

I tend not to pay look too much at the stuff i the viewport at the bottom while in combat. I can glance at Omen and see if someone is getting close, or move my mouse to click on one of the larger (top row and the other big one) of my action bars. The bottom bar is bound to my numpad and I keep some other icons out just to swap down to it if I need too before a fight. HS/Cleave are on the bars just so i can glance and see if they are queue'd up or not - but I generally don't pay too much attention to the action bars themselves. Most of my skills are bound directly to keys on my nostromo.

I like my cooldown buttons. They are free floating and just show the icon if the skill is on cooldown. I can glance and if I don't see the icon up, I know I can use the skill, or how close it is to being off the cooldown. I like being able to arrange them into groups. All my interrupts are together, all my oh shit buttons are together, etc.

I like all my different buff tracking windows. I can glance quickly to see if my shouts are about to fall and refresh them, I can see and easily click off temp buffs like BoP, or see how long Hero/shield wall/last stand/trinkets/pots have left. ( I built this window around starlight/cozy fire/etc for Hodir honestly, and its been very useful) I like my debuffs to be Large, but I don't want them in the center of the screen. The large red bar grabs my attention fast. Totem bar is just because I got tired of seeing if the shaman was putting up windfury vs wrath of air, etc. I LOVE my target debuff window that only shows the stuff I apply or its equivalent from other classes (demo shout/vindication, sunder/expose, etc). I like to be able to see all the debuffs that are on a target, but I want to be able to pick mine out easily.
    The shield block buff window - not sure why I put that in there, but I kinda like it. It sits right over my character generally and is only visible while shield block buff is up.

My vigilance mod helps me keep track of the time left on it and I just have to click it to refresh the buff.

Honestly - I haven't found a place i really like my tooltip, although I know I want it to be somewhere in the bottom left corner.

Overall, this UI has been basicly the same for years now, but I've tweaked it time after time and gradually improved/added/subtracted things. I could show you a screenshot from 3 years ago though and you'd see roughly the same things, although it wouldn't be quite as pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Bati View Post
    @Slaman - i did that UI, posted by Holyjebus, and i do want you to be more specific if you don't mind when you say
    I guess what I meant to say was that a lot of things were scaled down too small for my taste, because as I look at it again, it has a lot of awareness addons, but they're rather small. It's really just a matter of personal preference, so it's a good setup for anyone who wants maximum screen space and minimal status addon space, while still having the addons to use if necessary. Hope that makes sense XD
    Battlemaster Slaman
    I don't have time to procrastinate so I just put it off for later.

Azuae: 7/10.
    Here's why; this is of course a personal opinion. Some of your bars (elkano buff bars), the Heroi.. bar (dunno what it is) and your quartz debuff bar are too short.
    The placing of the bars around the sides and along the top is not a personal preference for me.

Your DBM countdown frame seems to be in a weird spot, somewhere where you wouldn't notice it quick enough.

Having something like Grid or Vuhdo would seem a better choice if you play different classes too.

I my self switched to Skada and find it pretty nice being able to have it display threat during an encounter and damage afterwards.

I do wanna know how you got the "unsuccesful attempts remaining" down where it is now.

As for the tooltip, I wouldn't bother with it too much, I don't have a true proper spot for it either.

Moving the notification scroll area in MSBT might help make your UI a bit cleaner too.

Small things like making the minimap buttons show on hover instead of always already helps make it look more clean.

Well. that's about it for the criticism (most of it is very personal choice like I said). Here's my stuff:

And below here is a screenshot version describing what mods I am using.
    Still working on more powerauras settings to make sure I no longer need the proc module of quartz and less elkano buff bars to get it all a bit cleaner.

the dbm bars that you see are just the small ones - they get big and move to the center when they have 10 seconds left.

all of the buff/debuff windows are done via elk buff bars. - that Heroism bar also shows things like shield wall, last stand, hand of protection. stuff that isn't up most of the time and is usually very short duration. I made it for things like starlight/cozy fire on Hodir and found it very helpful to have. Its big so I can easily click off a buff (like Hand of Protection) without misclicking another buff. I have heroism(bloodlust) in it to track the duration of it.

the debuff bars - seems plenty long on my screen honestly. don't think i could stand them much longer - too big then. I had them longer at one time, but I found I really didn't need to see the full name of the spell, just the symbol and initials (esp for long duration buffs). I only really look at the main buff window prior to a fight to see if I have all my appropriate buffs, other than that, I want it as small and out of the way as possible.

The DBM notification is there because it is between the target hp bar and the target itself. My eye's constantly scan across that area - although it does get "spammy" at times.

- about the minimap buttons - they are annoying. I try to put them all up on fubar, but then somehow they reappear back on the minimap even though they are set to only show on fubar. (some setting is screwed up somewhere)

I do have both grid and vudo installed for my pally/priest, but I don't play them as healers currently. Once I start doing that again I'll get them set up for those characters.

my minimap is actually what lets me move the attempts left ( i think ) - chinchilla minimap.

My UI

Nach:

7/10: i like the fact that you have placed your action bars near your character. Others find this annoying, however i think it is essential for screen awareness (provided you are a mouse person and not keyboard)

However,
    i would invest in either kgpanels or btex to clean everything up. it seems to scattered to me.

Also, i would (again only personal preference) remove the cartoony text. it makes it look unclean. A little organization and you would really have something there.

That being said...

Here is my UI, its a minimalist view so please take that into consideration.

Thanks

Took Hours of Work but i think im finally happy with it. This is a minimalistic UI using the following:

AG UI
    Btex
    Bartender 4
    Grid
    MetaHUD
    Buffalo3
    Fortexorcist
    recount
    omen
    dbm
    sexyminimap
    prat 3.0

the only thing im not thrilled about is lacking a small thin black panel to encase the buffalo buffs and debuffs... other than that im happy with it..

comments and suggestions?

8/10: im i fan of clean a clean Ui (even tho im not sure my own counts as clean)and i find your very clean. do wonder what extra stuff that pops up during raids tho as dbm placements and such.

Did notice that my timers for my stuff on boss is acctually above the debuffs showed on Pitbull. this have been adjusted. Tips are welcome tho

4/10 on Artreaus UI. IMO, clean enough but I don't like the panels at all.

Final version:

Kgpanels
    Stuf Unit Frames
    Skinner
    Bartender
    MSBT
    FortExorcist
    Satrina Buff Bars

9/10: It is a lot for me in the center of the screen but that is just me. It's very organized and cohesive. If my screen was large enough I might like it more.

I am perfectly happy with my druid's healing/dps ui. My shaman... Well, she needs help!

Quote Originally Posted by Artreaus View Post
    Nach:

7/10: i like the fact that you have placed your action bars near your character. Others find this annoying, however i think it is essential for screen awareness (provided you are a mouse person and not keyboard)

However,
    i would invest in either kgpanels or btex to clean everything up. it seems to scattered to me.

Also, i would (again only personal preference) remove the cartoony text. it makes it look unclean. A little organization and you would really have something there.
    Mouse person? How so? I hope you're not accusing me of being a clicker. :P

I'm trying around with a viewporter or some panels, so far it hasn't clicked for me yet.

The cartoony text I agree, but I can't seem to find a proper font.

@Nach

a clicker?! nowai! lol. i havent found a good keypad atm so i am still a clicker. Once i change to keybindings that which is in the center will go away.

with that squared off style of your UI there is a font in the defaults... i believe it came with prat that is very boxy like and i think would look great with your UI

Anaire 6/10 yeah it needs a little TLC I LOVE your druids UI I would run with that idea make some of your action bars like the ones you dont use a whole lot and have them transparent so you can just see them enough in case you need to use one but other than that it looks good

i updated mine and tried to recreate batis wonderful UI i just got my new monitor so it was definatly time to find something i like and i have always loved her UI just didnt have the monitor to pull it off but i think i do this time so here is the end result criticism is welcome please let me know what i can change to make it better

^^ In wintergrasp

^^ Idel in Dalaran

IMO, 7/10 though your UI is very clean, you don't have nearly enough buttons to make the clean UI worth while...

idle

in combat

I personally, can't stand UIs with huge bars are the bottom. It looks cool, but It's taking up too much screen space. Xperl doesn't help that. 6/10, personally.

Idle:

Combat:
    Last edited by Ulosthegame; 11-23-2009 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Death Golem View Post
    IMO, 7/10 though your UI is very clean, you don't have nearly enough buttons to make the clean UI worth while
    this made me lol out loud....i am a healer hehe i dont use 20 buttons the less clutter on my screen the better so i can pay attention to healing.... but the UI has changed since then due to me trying to find something different...the new one will be posted when i have found something perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Ulosthegame
    I personally, can't stand UIs with huge bars are the bottom. It looks cool, but It's taking up too much screen space. Xperl doesn't help that. 6/10, personally.
    how does Xperl do ANYTHING to taking up more space?

Quote Originally Posted by Death Golem View Post
    how does Xperl do ANYTHING to taking up more space?
    because its a little on the 'bulky' side where as something like pitbul or stuf unit frames you can resize all of that so it doesnt take up a lot of space.

To Ulosthegame -- Very open, but Im not a fan of the color scheme. I also like to see a lot of whats going on with others in the groups so I have a lot more shown for raid and raid effects/buffs. Heres what I have atm. I grabbed a compilation and then tweaked it with some of my own addons and prefrences, Credit to the compiler for the graphics though, they are not mine unfortunately, but I like them very much

Quote Originally Posted by Insomniax View Post
    To Ulosthegame -- Very open, but Im not a fan of the color scheme. I also like to see a lot of whats going on with others in the groups so I have a lot more shown for raid and raid effects/buffs. Heres what I have atm. I grabbed a compilation and then tweaked it with some of my own addons and prefrences, Credit to the compiler for the graphics though, they are not mine unfortunately, but I like them very much
    As a tank, I personally have little use for seeing what's affecting others in my party, as long as I'm doing what I need to do, raid members health and debuffs generally aren't my problem. I keep such an open screen as I have a tunnel vision problem, and this helps me to stay focused on my surroundings and what is actually going on around me.
    As for color scheme I've been playing around with it lately and I'm thinking of switch to a black/grey/red one.

To comment on yours, I like to keep my stance bar on "show on hover" so I can't see it until I need to switch stances ( really only when I switch specs).

I personally think your chat pane is a bit big, and it's taking quite a lot of space.

SexyMap looks cool, but it think you could scale it down a bit.

It looks like you're using Parrot ( MSBT maybe?) I think you could scale down the font, and remove names/icons. as a tank, do you really need to know which skill is doing such and such damage?

Pitbull ( I assume this is what you're using) appears to be using a good bit on space too, I personally disable enemy health text, so all it shows is %.
    Portraits are REALLY COOL, and I absolutely love them, but again I think running portraits takes up a good bit of space ( not to mention more CPU and memory).

I like your buff bars, I think they're the same ones I use ( SBB?)

I personally don't use class timers, but it's good one.

I can't stand having Grid ( or any raid frames for that matter) on my UI unless I'm playing my holy pally, in which case I use VuhDo.

KgPanels is cool as always, but the art looks more DKesque than pally :P

Your tool tips look really big too, ( are you using TipTac?)

Just my break down, I'd give it 7 or 8 /10

On a different note, perhaps get an error supressor?

On comments about Xperl, it takes a large amount of screen space, has relatively few options, and takes a good bit of memory to boot. I used to use it, but I've since moved over to oUF and Stuf.

The stance bar has always been shown for me, I hadnt thought about the hover, that might work well.

Chat panels has always been my struggle, I read it all the time and watch like a hawk, so I made a bit bigger then usual.

Parrot is correct, The text could be sized down I agree, but I have a liking for the names of spells that are rolling through my encounters, pet peeve I guess.

Pitbull I would like to scale down the height on the health portion but I havent had an success with scaling the frame down as a whole yet, need to play with some more. (Still new to pitbull)

SBB is correct along with tiptac. The panel art is new for me personally and I was just looking for a color scheme that was sweet look, found that one but Ill be exploring more as I raid.

Thank you for the feedback, greatly appreciated.

Asterres

Quote Originally Posted by Insomniax View Post

9/10 Very nice! Great minimization and organization where it needs to be, keeping everything central.

Atlhough the little backgrounds behind the chatbox and the spare bars may obscure some things in the corners. Maybe it's just me, but I think the party bar is a bit in the way too. But these are minor complaints realy.

My UI. I'm the belf Warlock with the red cape in the center. I would change the positions of some of the timers, but I don't know how unfortunatly :\

+ Reply to Thread