+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate The UI Above

SunnArt is a great mod, many people use it for viewports
    easy to use, low memory usage.

Here's my UI, it's been a wip for a long time and probably will always be, right now I'm moving towards getting rid of all my action bars. I have almost memorized everything but there's still a few that I forget. One thing I would recommend to anyone who hasn't tried it is to keybinding everything, I never thought it would be very useful, but I see so much more stuff when I don't have to look at or click my keys ^_^

@ lakotamani, the empty space in some of your panels bugs me, and I'm not sure how useful the swing timer is (unless it's the bosses'?)

At Crenellated: Nice UI you've got there, some things I would have done different if it was mine would probably be to make the SCT font slightly smaller, I find it to be a little too big atm. Also, the 'combat' icon on your player and target frames overlaps your buff, maybe placing it to the right instead of lower left corner. apart from that, I like it

Here's mine for my priest, I use it mainly for PvP.

Comments would be appreciated

10/10 very clean, neat, and well made... but what's the thing in the middle of the screen for?

Thats actually my grid, if I do arena I have it in the center like that, I move it around, it's not locked. If i have a PW shield on someone the border is yellow and I use it for stuff like PoM, Renew, and weakened soul debuff, and ofcourse dispellable debuffs.

Nice UI you've got there, I would suggest getting something like Fubar to get rid of all the buttons around your map, it's so cramped atm apart from that maybe some art for your viewport but otherwise it looks ok

@Golem, It feels like there are is alot of blank space, makes the ui feel unappealing. 5/10.

After this picture was taken I changed from Grid2 to Grid, and recolored the bars to a uniform color

very nice, alot of info being displayed but done well and still provides good situational awareness. 8/10

HolyJebus what addon are u using for your portrait frames?
    [Persianmessenger] whispers: This is blasphemy! This is Madness!
    To [Persianmessenger]: Madness? This is TANKSPOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Krehinth View Post
    HolyJebus what addon are u using for your portrait frames?
    its Stuf unit frames

I am curious which addon you use to control your whispers Jebus

@Holyjebus: I'm not a healer so your grid placement is a little strange for me hehe. But that's a minor issue, and I like your overall look, although a few things are a bit too small for my taste. It also seems like a lot of things are missing just for the sake of having more room on your screen. Props to you if you can get by like that, but I prefer having more knowledge of things around me.

Feel free to laugh at our awesome Sarth wipe
    That picture shows a lot of hidden things in my UI, so it's a good one to use.
    Battlemaster Slaman
    I don't have time to procrastinate so I just put it off for later.

@Slaman 6.5/10
    it feels like it takes to much screen space (mainly because of omen and recount bring where they are). i personally don't like the look of xperl and your action bars look to cluttered for my liking.

99% finished ^.^

6/10
    like the emergency button bar set up. the key binds seem well thought out.

m'eh to the unitframes.
    tooltip shouldn't be over unit frames, maybe move it to Top Left corner
    get perror or something similar to get rid of "ability not ready" spam
    center too cluttered with text turn of friendly nameplates
    may not need player and target bars, ive turned mine off and am working on power auras as a replacement...

here's mine completely based on tukz ui
    still trying out vuhdo thats why i have 2 unit fames
    most changes i made resulted from getting the action bars in his UI to play nicely with my n52te, and respond to spec/stance changes.

btw quest helper arrow is centered under toon and turned off for groups.

Doc
    Last edited by Doc309; 11-16-2009 at 05:07 AM. Reason: noticed misplaced arrow

Hello all. I am kinda new on this forum... so i will first rate the above UI.
    @Doc309
    I would say 7/10 first because is not done. If you want a good impression i think you should post a finished work, so that's why is -1.
    The second -1 is for the buttons from the left... long line with useless things on it.
    And now the 3'd point you lost it because is not in combat and then the real utility of an UI i can see it.
    Personally i like Tukui but not the big unit frames. Anyway, this is a personal opinion so at the end won't hurt to see how yours actually looks like.

Now, here is my UI:

And hey again Holyjebus :P
    @Slaman - i did that UI, posted by Holyjebus, and i do want you to be more specific if you don't mind when you say
    It also seems like a lot of things are missing just for the sake of having more room on your screen. Props to you if you can get by like that, but I prefer having more knowledge of things around me.

6/10 I don't see the point of having a viewport if you only have your minimap in it.

Well heres mine
    [Persianmessenger] whispers: This is blasphemy! This is Madness!
    To [Persianmessenger]: Madness? This is TANKSPOT!

no rate for mine... ? and any criticism is welcome, but fallow the rules of this forum pls.

@Bati, since he didnt rate yours I will. 8/10
    and these fall down to personal preferance
    -1 I dont like how you've integrated your casting bar ontop of CoolLine(or ForteXorcist) whichever cooldown line you use. Included is I havent found the necessity of having a personal casting bar to be so long.
    -1 While i dont like the Size of the portraits, they saved some face by adding a finishing touch to the flow of the lowersection of the ui.
    And while not a deduction, but a side not. I would personall move the target's target inbetween the Player and Target frames, allowing you to lower your debuff tracker down a bit more.

Figured I would add a note about my ui. The bottom panel is not a viewport, its skinners Gradient Overlay. So while the addons cover some of the visible screen, The overlay gives it the visual look of a viewport. I dont use viewports anymore because i want my screenshots to be fullsized when i take them, and before someone says remove the VP before you SS, not gonna happen because you dont always have that option when snapping pictures of earned achievements.
    Last edited by Khilbron; 11-16-2009 at 10:31 AM.

that's some constructive criticism but is not something that reflect a bad ui. Any teacher have personal preferences but they don't put grades counting that. Will be a long discussion if is so anyway.

To answer about whispers question, is Cellular.
    On a "personal" note your reasons for 8 are... weak.
    edit: between player and target is pet bar, so i do want that space free.

Bati,
    9/10
    really like the boss cooldown spell cooldown skins you have. which addon do you use?
    and i like the looks of your power auras set up.
    i find the cooldown bar, data, action bar, player target area a bit busy... but thats just me.
    do you have a cast bar over the forte(?) bar?

regarding your points.
    my UI's are never done ... messing with them is part of the game for me.
    bar to the left is auto bar, i hate looking in my bags for quest item the right flask or food...openning the spell book to open a tradeskill...i have no idea why its showing the same trinket twice.
    here's one in combat ...

i moved the player/target frames down, and vuh'do only shows in party between them and the arrow

oh addons are another thing i love messing with.
    the far left button is IHML, uses most Q/area/target specific items
    the far left two are buffet, food water OOC, pots in combat, bandage on shift.

Doc

@Doc
    Yes, there is a casting bar over Forte. The add-ons i use you can see it here:
    Download - Bati'sUI
    I didn't think at that area crowded but i see your point. Even so, i still love it
    I am a freak of add-ons to.
    Now, your grade will go up:P
    -if the left bar is functional for you then is +1
    -in combat +1
    -not finished...+1 again.

+ Reply to Thread