+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate The UI Above

@ Naachtraf 7/10 I don't know if the screen shot was cut off or what.. but your text is way to far out to my liking. On mine i give all credit to Bodasafa. He created it I just moved some things around.

@ciruss
    Visually very appealing, 8/10
    The cooldown bar seems to be a bit too long. i would adjust the height to that of the hud. Furthermore, having all your information in the bottom part of the screen it seems strange to place the tooltip in the top left corner. Button arrangement could be a bit more streamlined. I really can't see very well what buffs you have there but i am sure there is the possibility to trim that to buffs you want to see (devotion aura for a mage?). And lastly the gap between your target/player/targettarget/etc frames and the two boxes on the left and right are not the same width. Aim for perfection!

Sadly i have to fit everything into a 1280x1024 screen

Solo, outfight:

25man raid, infight:

Changes since this screenshot:
    -moved MT-frames over the omen frame (bottom left) and removed backdrop.
    -filtered Flask of lesser resistance out of EBB and added it to the auracle flask tracker (stoneblood/resistance/rage)
    -trimmed absored and resisted Parrot messages
    -removed rank information from buffbars
    -swapped standard nameplates of mobs with CaelNameplates and changed font to fit the general ui font.

The space to the right of the minimap is a "macro workspace". Since i didnt need any special macro for anub, there is nothing visible but one icon which belongs to an auracle debuff tracker. It shows missing debuffs on the target. In this case a missing demoshout/roar.

7/10 the raid frame is sort of confusing >_>

im using MSBT just to see buff procs and thing like that

7/10, I like the smoothness and simplicity, looks clean and organized.

I'm not in combat in this one, and Omen would be right to the right of Recount. You can still pretty much see everything though. I try to keep it simple. Ya i know resolution sucks but its the only pic i have available atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruumsh View Post
    @ciruss
    Visually very appealing, 8/10
    The cooldown bar seems to be a bit too long. i would adjust the height to that of the hud. Furthermore, having all your information in the bottom part of the screen it seems strange to place the tooltip in the top left corner. Button arrangement could be a bit more streamlined. I really can't see very well what buffs you have there but i am sure there is the possibility to trim that to buffs you want to see (devotion aura for a mage?). And lastly the gap between your target/player/targettarget/etc frames and the two boxes on the left and right are not the same width. Aim for perfection!
    Yea, I haven't got everything i want to. We have to many pallies. Are tank always uses devotion. Then the others use other aura's. The tooltip is up there since I can't place it anywhere else. Kg panels is being a pain. Trying to get used to it. Yet again thanks to Boda and his wonderful job. I took your advice. I made the panels longer and made them more even. Got pitbull nice and snug in there now. As well as fixing coolline to fit the size.
    Last edited by Ciruss; 10-28-2009 at 02:59 PM.

@Marty Mcfly: 7/10...i donīt like the unit frames at all and in my opinion the group frame is pointless as tank...the minimap does not fit in there

i hope you donīt mind my german client

@ Langohr:
    What map addon is that?
    What unit frames are you using?
    Is that DXE? If so, what sections are where?

8/10
    It's consistent, but I would be tempted to stack the buffs vertically along the right edge of your screen (since there's nothing else there). And maybe move the minimap/omen/recount section to the bottom of your screen.

I'd love tips for the chat background since it doesn't really fit in, but I have a hard time reading if there's not one.
    I use a gamepad, hence the weird action bar config.
    Any other critiques welcome :)

@mulcifer 7/10, i can't stand blizzard's standard scrolling text

text looks a little cluttered, i was about to die and mid-bladestorm

@ Charlie

8/10 Your buffs take up way too much screen space :P

This SS doesn't help much. The lower UF's are mine, the class colored one is target, and the ToT is now moved next to the target just above where Omen appears. Buffs to the right of the Target frame are the target buffs/debuffs, and special attention ones appear above it. I shall have to get a better SS some time of it.

@ Petninja - 7/10
    It looks nice and easy on the eyes, but i dont like the bars in the top.
    Anyway we all have our pref's..

My final UI - for now..
    Farming/afk..

10 man raid..

7/10, but wheres your Omen? ;-)

6/10
    I find your ui very busy. Personally, I hide as many of my bars as I can. And what isn't hidden is visible on mouse over. The center of your screen is what really does me in. I think if the center was not completely covered by text it would not seem as crowded.

25 man:

Idle:

All my main spells are key bound and therefore hidden. In between my unit frame and my target there is a on mouse over visible bar with my buffs and offspec spells that I might use (cyclone, roots, nature's grasp, ect.) .

My focus target would show up above my unit frame in the corner, opposite of where the tot is.

Quote Originally Posted by Anaire View Post
    6/10
    The center of your screen is what really does me in. I think if the center was not completely covered by text it would not seem as crowded.
    Well, the is the Encounters fault... every 0,2s a hit^^ The Dodge, Block, Parry messages occure every 2s if tanking a normal boss

Quote Originally Posted by Durm View Post
    Well, the is the Encounters fault... every 0,2s a hit^^ The Dodge, Block, Parry messages occure every 2s if tanking a normal boss
    Yes, however, scrolling combat text addon can relocate this spam and organize it into one area...

Quote Originally Posted by Durm View Post
    7/10, but wheres your Omen? ;-)
    I get a sound warning when my threat gets around 80-85% (from Omen)..
    But i did think of bringing it back, just in case i rly need to look at it..

To Anaire:
    I like yours a lot. Very clear and not cluttered. Only question wheres your action bars? is every spell keybinded?
    anyways 9.5/10

Last edited by Frehas; 11-03-2009 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Picture to small.

Quote Originally Posted by Frehas View Post
    To Anaire:
    I like yours a lot. Very clear and not cluttered. Only question wheres your action bars? is every spell keybinded?
    anyways 9.5/10
    I like yours, but you should consider having fewer actionbars taking up precious screen space. Also, check out a few different unit frames other than xperl, there are many which are lighter weight and still just as good.

8/10

@Almighty 7/10 , lot of space taken up on the sides , and the revenge proc doesnt seem centered =) but i like it

Alrighty , this is mine , it's brand new and i need help with some tweaking :

1st , Do i have to manually filter the debuffs i want on my target and my targets/target ( eg Empales )
    2nd , The error messages due to key spamming , i hear pERROR was a good addon ? any advice ?
    3rd , I have alot of unused space at the top :/ dont really know what to put there , or leave it empty ...

Last edited by Krog; 11-04-2009 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frehas View Post
    To Anaire:
    anyways 9.5/10
    My action bars are visible on mouseover.
    Bar 1: This bar is 100% keybound and memorized. It is not completely hidden because I have to click cast when on a vehicle.

Bar 2: Nothing here is keybound. But as a resto druid these are not high priority spells for me to use often in combat.

And as you can see in both screenshots, my stance bar and mount/profession bar are always visible just faded a bit out. 25% opacity, I think.

+ Reply to Thread