+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate The UI Above

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    Quote Originally Posted by squats View Post
    yeah.. starting to agree. i just cant find a button facade that looks like what i want.
    not a fan of BF:Caith?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

Quote Originally Posted by Toushiro View Post
    not a fan of BF:Caith?
    I do like caith. but everyone uses it.. i like the rectangle look, but these are just a lil bit to short.

also.. i want trinity bars back. they were awesome.

I think Darion looks awesome, you should try it out, and put the gloss up high ^^

Last posted UI by squats - I'd say a 6/10 mostly because of the emptiness on the bottom of your screen. But I just like to fill the bottom with something xD
    Your UF's are interesting but cool ^^
    This is mine to date:

Recount is the bottom right, the black panel at the bottom is a viewport
    Edit: I just changed the action bar's skin to 'Darion'.
    Last edited by Riverune; 05-24-2011 at 07:34 AM.

2/5, not my style

the bar under my Unitframes is a WIP addon, it shows select spells based on a .lua file, trying to get it to so you have spec1/spec2 spells setup.

This forum is now renamed "Post your Tukui".
    Any UI that isn't Tukui will be given a bad score due to the lack of Tukuishness.

But serriously, if you run Tukui, don't bother posting it, we've seen it...

Quote Originally Posted by DurÓ View Post
    This forum is now renamed "Post your Tukui".
    Any UI that isn't Tukui will be given a bad score due to the lack of Tukuishness.

But serriously, if you run Tukui, don't bother posting it, we've seen it...
    haters gonna hate...

Toush is that action bar under your character frame your work and if yes will you be publishing it (if not where can I download it)?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrea View Post
    haters gonna hate...

Toush is that action bar under your character frame your work and if yes will you be publishing it (if not where can I download it)?
    I'm co-author of it, it's currently only able to be used if you manually integrate it into Tukui, since spells displayed on it are stated in the profiles.lua file in Tukui, me and my friend have tried to make the spells be defined in the bars LUA file but it didn't really go so well the first time.

Ya bit bored of seeing Tukui, 5/10 :x.
    In the process of making mine somewhat neater -.-
    Last edited by Riverune; 05-31-2011 at 06:44 AM.

Nice work, I'd prefer centering your actionbars and moving your raid frame to the left of them.
    Throw a Masque and buttonfacade: Darion on them.
    And the viewport addon you're using, would you mind changing the texture to something that's alittle less plain?

Thanks for the reply, and yeah I've been having trouble getting AB's set up centred as well as fitting everything else down there in a good size As for the viewport, I have it simple so it doesn't distract me and I can get a good focus on important information.

Go look up Align on wowinterface.com , it's a simple addon that gives you a grid across the screen, it's perfect for centering your UI.

Re did the bottom of my UI

looks a lot better, unitframes still look a bit out of place with their colors and such.

Riverune 7/10

To me your UI has too many things at the bottom. Yes you do need to know who got aggro and what is the dps. But tell me as a Tank do you need to know how is the aggro for 4th or 5th dps ?? I mean you need to know the other Tanks and highest two dps but not more. And as a DPS you don;t need to know more the the Tanks in most fights. The same goes for recount if not more it is great after the fight but in fight not so much and it should be hidden for most part. You can not make someone do more dps just by having it up.

Next why do your nameplates gives full HP, set it to short so you dont get 1000000000hp but 100mln HP insted.

That are the main problems for me with your UI. You just get too much data, knowing things is good but getting too much is bad cuz you can not concentrate on the fight .

And now for my own UI

WoWScrnShot_060511_181229.jpg

PS. Sorry for my poor English
    Last edited by Valiar; 06-08-2011 at 01:54 AM.

Simple and clean, it looks nice and seems functional. Are you using an addon for your buff identifiers or are they the standard ones? I'm not real keen on the white background for grid, it looks nice on everything else though.

Main addons:
    Pitbull4 (Unit Frames)
    Domino's (Action Bars)
    Prat (Chat)
    Chinchilla (Map)
    Docs Debug Runes (DK Runes)
    BloodShieldTracker (Hopefully self-explanatory)
    Grid
    Omen
    Recount
    HitsMode (combat log)
    Elk's Buff Bars
    Tidy Plates:Threat Plates
    Chocolate Bar
    KG Panels (I don't like port viewers)

I use Starinas Buff Frames for my buffs and debuffs (debuffs show under my unit frame). As for my grid I picked white cuz it is not used very often in game.

Now Wilhem 6/10

Well I am not a big fan off UI's with take fully battom of the screen (cuz You will keep looking down there) but my big problem with yours is that you not only did that but you took 30% of your game screen. I know you don't like it but Use ViewPort(Use something like Sunn - Viewport) to make space for you addons without losing any game screen.

Next thing I dont like are the fonts on your unit frames the are hard to read (well for me) plus why do you need your char name?

Well that are things that stand out for me, over all it is a "standard" UI so there is not much you can Fix

PS. Sorry for my poor English (I need to make this as my signature)
    Last edited by Valiar; 06-10-2011 at 02:58 AM.

Well previous user didn't post a UI

to Willhem - Not a huge fan of your fonts and backgrounds, but that's a personal preference, also I'd add a skin to Domino's, the blizzard one is getting old especially stacked like that. However I like how condensed the information you need to see is.

I'd say 7/10

Quote Originally Posted by veksen View Post
    Well previous user didn't post a UI

to Willhem - Not a huge fan of your fonts and backgrounds, but that's a personal preference, also I'd add a skin to Domino's, the blizzard one is getting old especially stacked like that. However I like how condensed the information you need to see is.

I'd say 7/10
    I have Button Facade: Cainyx running at the moment, I think it just didn't show up too well in the screenshot.

I meant to mention that I actually pulled the basic layout from a rogue's videos (Killars, I think he's from Vodka - Alterac Mountains, but I could have the guild confused.)

Are you running perfect raid to see your raid (the addon at the top left?). It looks nice.

I prefer to stack my icons and you obviously prefer to spread yours out, to each their own in that regard. It looks a bit cluttered to me (a huge chat/combat log, Omen and Recount almost seem to be fit in where they could be, and the standard map is ugly, etc...) and just seems to be a lot going on. But, it's functional and all of the information is probably exactly where you want it.

6.5/10.

Veksen, I like the feel of your UI, however I think certain things are too big, like your chat log and recount.
    Apart from that your action bar buttons seem rally spaced out. But I just like everything grouped ^^. 7/10
    Here is mine, I'm changing some small things around for a nicer feel and more visual room D:

+ Reply to Thread