+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate The UI Above

mmmm, Your unit frames seems....different. You should control the debuffs on your target, because is on top of your buttons ( i think it is bartender + skin button addon). Also your bag and 1 more button is right inside the recount meters. The portrait on your unit frames is a matter of taste ( but it seems that Ony portrait is .... bigger) also looks like you have this gigantic cube portrait in your Ui (but again, personal taste in that one). I think you should scale down the time remaing in your buffs, or they will get to close together, making it harder to understand, how much time do you have left on a certain buff. Overall, i would give a 6.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfqyhigpAho - (UI in action 10/25 man - WIP)

Last edited by Shadowed; 03-10-2011 at 09:21 PM.

I like that you have moved your grid, and panels where they are key for you. I'd say 8 out of 10.

Here's mine, rate away.

The 2 currently empty boxes on the bottom display debuffs (right box), and cooldowns (left box)

Personally, I'd prefer switching out DBM for Big Wigs, but that is a personal matter, as for the setup, pretty good, but in a raid environment I could imagine a lot of stuff blocking your character.

Im not too sure why you have your combat log out like that. everything you need to know should be comming up in your combat text.
    Also, i would suggest putting a spam filter on your incomming pet damage/heals. other than that it looks pretty good.

This is my healers UI. the only things not shown are ToT and TOTT. I also have omen and recount set up the same as my other (in the right pannel side by side)

My combat log is out so that I can see what I died to, and such. I recently got rid of MikScrollingBattleText, I currently got the normal Blizzard ones. As for yours.. Not really a big fan of the "undetailed" unit frames, but from a PvP point of view I can definately see its usefulness. 9/10.

Posted an updated version of mine:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Health shows up on the player frame if its below 90%. And shows up on target if you mouse over it. I PvE only, im only doing BG's right now because im bored.

if you need your combat log up i would use
    caelcombatlog

you can get it from caelui

you would need to move it via lua tho.
    Last edited by squats; 03-27-2011 at 01:28 PM.

Personally, I'd prefer switching out DBM for Big Wigs, but that is a personal matter, as for the setup, pretty good, but in a raid environment I could imagine a lot of stuff blocking your character.
    Nothing ever blocks the character, the space you see is what you get. The Dbm bars go down, and the only time they are ever overwhelming is AV when all the timers are going.

A quick 8/10 for Dévourer, have always liked how neat that UI is.

slightly different:

edit: I just quickly made this, unsure if I am keeping it or reverting it back ^^ .
    edit 2: took out viewport, didn't like it, added a slightly different variation.
    Last edited by Riverune; 03-31-2011 at 03:18 AM.

8/10 greatly built, very clean, personally i dont like having nothing at the top, eh a bunch of things on the bottom, i balance stuff on top and down so i get better view of the center, since i play healer, and use mouseover to heal some times.

so this is my build: i do left the original player and target since they dont bother me up there, same to the map.
    ok the firs shot is badly centered, i got kinda no player on my on my screen, acidentaly hit the mouse up when moved my hand to press print screen XD.
    yes i do need all thouse buff duration on my right, ive been training on using divine aegis to its most, so that helps me to it, debuffs also XD
    the second pitcure works onlie to show how i use that space on the left, with the focus screen.

http://img863.imageshack.us/i/wowscr...111224947.jpg/

http://img852.imageshack.us/i/wowscr...111225749.jpg/
    Last edited by Worthun; 04-01-2011 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamVon View Post
    2/10 too many addons cluttering the screen and i dont like the abilities around the compass in the bottom

http://www.youtube.com/user/AlmarWinfield

Best UI that ive seen
    8/10. i really dont like circular buttons, or xperl.

upcoming update of squats' UI.

^ That looks nice aswel

squats, very clean UI, 7/10 though the player/target frames aren't showing health or % ?
    Trying something new myself I moved a bunch of stuff around to this:

diff AB placement:

Think I'll leave it at this for a while now xD been too long.
    Last edited by Riverune; 04-02-2011 at 09:29 PM. Reason: update ss

Quote Originally Posted by Riverune View Post
    squats, very clean UI, 7/10 though the player/target frames aren't showing health or % ?
    Trying something new myself I moved stuff around from my last post to this:

I'm still working on making the textures and text to look nicer and fit together ><
    people must think im stupid. =) health shows on both if the units health is >90%. they also will show on mouseover

7/10

Pretty much nothing is lined up, so it doesn't look very tidy, IMO. That and I just have a personal hatred for Titanpanel.

My suggestion: Put Titanpanel on the bottom and move the text to the right. Place your chat edit-box over the titanpanel on the bottom on the left side under the chatbox. Move Omen and Recount on top of eachother, and put your grid in with everything else on the bottom. That would allow your to mirror the size of your chatbox on the right side. Your actionbars could stay where they are, and you would be able to have a perfectly symmetrical set of (i'm assuming) KGPanels that wrap around your player/target/etc frames. Here's an example of what I mean. http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/w...notherUISS.png This is one of my old UIs. It was a little extreme, in terms of size, though. XD

Here is my current UI.

http://s718.photobucket.com/albums/w...dUIScreeny.png (Geez.. wtf happened to PB... Direct Linked images are resized to crap resolutions now...)

You use TukUI too

I prefer a scrolling combat text to just seeing numbers, but I guess that is just a personal preference. Otherwise it is clean, there isn't too much going on. you might want to put the health text on the nameplates, I find that really useful for pooling resources before phase changes/execute range begins and to guage whether to refresh a DoT or use a direct ability because the enemy won't live long enough for the DoT to do its job.

8/10 because you can always improve something

--

This is mine

Things I know need fixing...threat bar being taken out and the boss frame aligning with the target unitframe.

9.5/10
    I have nothing to pick on except that your debuffs are too far off-center, try moving them closer to the center so you know for sure when you're targetted with that stupid fire beam, etc. Also, what nameplate mod are you using? It looks pretty damn good

My UI :
    www.bildr.no/view/866032

Addons used: LUI, Omen3, Ora3, Recount, TidyPlates, SUF, Vudho, Quartz, DBM, PowerAuras and ForteXorcist.
    Last edited by Durŕ; 04-16-2011 at 04:38 PM.

9/10 its different. i like LUI.

note that clicking on the dps number on the right hand side expands recount, and the chat window auto collapses itself if there are no raid/party messages in chat, and auto expands on mouseover.

Looks pretty good kind of bland I'd like to see an in combat picture of it though 7/10.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You have a lot of stuff that is redundant

- incoming damage and heals are shown twice, you have your vudho and your party frames, you have the quartz debuff timer covering the notification area of MSBT ...
    - you don't need warning that you have aggro as the tank

I would look into filtering the msbt notifications (i.e. turning the ones you don't need off)
    Also look into filtering the buff tracking on party members, you don't need to know how many hots they have or whether they have fortitude or kings

I am also not a fan of the font you have in your scrolling combat text

+ Reply to Thread