+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate The UI Above

@Moerscho80

Pretty Simple layout, you don't have it scatterbrained and is clean overall. You could try putting the Vigilance over on top of Omen, or whichever threat watcher you use. Since I assume you will be glancing at it on occasion to see who's on your heels. Would give it about a 8/10. Easy on the eyes (for me at least) and doesn't appear to much is going on.

I would suggest reducing the width of your health bars and putting them closer together maybe? I tend to find it easy to watch my health bar and know what my target is by just glancing over.

My UI:

You may notice the the ForteXorist next to the Eavesdrop. I am confused on what to do or where to put it. I know I need to edit my Forte or try to so it only shows the debuffs I place and so forth and so on. I also just stick Pallypower over there to the side because I have or haven't thought of anywhere else to place it. Quartz is right below and on the sides of my bars in the middle for watching cast times.

other tidbits I just noticed. The small macro bar isn't off centered, my Divine Shield/Sacrifice one is missing from the far right. and the little grey bar with 1.6 - 1.4 I have been trying to figure out how to remove that some how. Other than that I'm just trying to make the UI cleaner and easier for me to see anything and everything that might be happening.
    Last edited by Tazlex; 08-31-2009 at 11:51 PM.

@ Taz 7/10 its a bit messy... try moving the Fortex addon to teh top of ur screen or maybe under your mini map so it isnt taking up anymore space down at the bottom or you could always move ur mini map down to the bottom where ur omen and recount are, you could also put the satrinas buff frame in the middle istead of off to the side by the mini map that will free up some space as well

somone said they wanted a screen shot of my UI in action in a raid i have one i meant to take one last night during Razorscale but i forgot lol so here is a quick badge run through OS10

8/10

Nice UI, but you could move stuff around to free some space, like moving your bars and chat down to free your character, so you can actually see what's beneath you.

8/10. it's nice and clean and you can see everything you need to. There's information that i would ditch though, like do you need to be reminded of your own name and the fact you're a level 80 undead warrior? I'd i'd personally filter out damage shield from MSBT as it's not worth knowing about and spams your screen with extra numbers. Oh and i hate that bar texture >.< but that's just me.

Here's my latest one for my mage:

Quote Originally Posted by kemikalkadet View Post
    8/10. it's nice and clean and you can see everything you need to. There's information that i would ditch though, like do you need to be reminded of your own name and the fact you're a level 80 undead warrior? I'd i'd personally filter out damage shield from MSBT as it's not worth knowing about and spams your screen with extra numbers. Oh and i hate that bar texture >.< but that's just me.

Here's my latest one for my mage:
    Really nice look to it. Liking the castbars and looks of ...Pitbull is it?
    9/10

Heres my new one.

Out of Combat

In Combat

The Ashbringer...

I like it. Seems clean and not very cluttered. Overall 8/10.

This has been a work of process. I am still not done and I am getting alot of ideas from these threads.

wfredlund:
    i like it, it's simple...
    6/10 because there is missing info, and i like the numbers and information in wow for mechanics and such

i just built this one today:

My old ui:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaki_zqVoSY"]YouTube - Prot Warrior Tanking Rotation[/ame]

Daereg,
    Love the UI- I'm curious about the raid frame in the lower left with the raid debuffs showing- what do you use for that? I also want to know how you change the default font for everything- even "Spell is not ready yet". I've noticed it with other folks' UIs but don't know how it's done.
    -I'd use pError to get rid of that spam btw.
    Thanks!
    Gorca

PS- I second your request to know what kemikalkadet is using for his cast bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorca View Post

PS- I second your request to know what kemikalkadet is using for his cast bars.
    AzCastBar : WoWInterface Downloads : Casting Bars and Cooldowns
    "Runes" texture from sharedmedia, i think emblem is the font.

@Daereg
    The unitframes are oUF with Caellians layout.

@cacey31: I like a UI that is very simple and has everything that is needed, which you have. Your minimap could have many improvements (Sexymap *COUGH*). 6/10

Here's mine.

Daereg,
    Love the UI- I'm curious about the raid frame in the lower left with the raid debuffs showing- what do you use for that?
    Thats pitbull. Just have to configure it to show debuffs on the raidframes, and just have it show HP bars, and have the Mana as a % on the right.

I also want to know how you change the default font for everything- even "Spell is not ready yet". I've noticed it with other folks' UIs but don't know how it's done.
    RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    Forgot where to find the file, so uploaded it myself. Just put that into C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Fonts\
    Make the folder if its not already there.
    The font is called Friz Quadrata TT.

-I'd use pError to get rid of that spam btw.
    I'll try it.
    *Tried it*
    Thank God for that addon, been wanting something like this since I first played the game.
    Last edited by Daereg; 09-19-2009 at 07:01 AM.
    The Ashbringer...

@ moobix 5/10; I play a shaman alt so I understand how many buttons there are when you take all the totems into consideration, but you're ui is just a mess. I would suggest setting some of the bars to fade while in combat, making the totem bar vertical against on side of your screen, removing the default party/unit frames (there are many good ones out there! ag_UnitFrames - Addons - Curse <easy to set up), and organizing the mess of combat text in the center of your screen.

Not using the default unit/party frames will clear up a lot of space. A new spot for your map or for your current buffs. Also since in this SS you are currently dps, grid could be moved out of the center which would help with that clutter.

Depending on just how your keybinding is, your bags are shift+b and all of the icons on the menu bar have keybindings aswell, so they could be hidden.

My UI after destroying it and rebuilding from scratch:
    Idle w/ target and target of target visible

Raid (note that name plates are turned off normally)

I'll give it a 9/10 just because I dont like having "stuff" anywhere but the edges of my screen unless its absolutely neccesary..

And here goes mine. Im not 100% satisfied with it for 25-man as I'd like to keep my raid members all in the same spot, but as a tank it pretty much just to keep an overall eye of how the raids doing anyways..
    [EDIT]And just as I posted I noticed what I could do to clean it up some more, but it involves a bar mod to move the bottomn bars over to the right and the chat frame down into the left corner..

very nice 8/10

8/10 Nice and clean, although I'm not a fan of default unit frames

Also I notice most people don't bother unifying their bar textures and fonts, maybe I'm just crazy like that.
    Last edited by Iera; 10-01-2009 at 07:08 AM.

7/10 Lots going on that isnt very well placed. personally hate that black bar on the bottom of the screen. Mainly just way to overcrowded for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler View Post
    I'm on a shark

8/10 nice and clean on the top, too many things on bottom though, not a big fan of health frames in the bottom of the screen.

Here is my UI in a raid tanking:

Need a good addon for my buffs, any tips?

Heres mine in a party:

Where Rune Strike shows up, all other procs also show up: Killing Machine and Rime as well when they proc.
    Last edited by Trork; 10-01-2009 at 06:32 AM. Reason: spelling

7/10 Nice overall but i personally dont like the Blizz Buff frames and minimap.

Here is my healing UI; COnstructing new tanking UI as i type so...

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    6/10 your bitpull is so boring and unconfigured

reworked my UI some, still a WIP

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

Toushiro: ill give it a 8/10 as I dont like to have anything except a threat meter anywhere near my character.

Ive reworked mine a bit as well, unfortunately it didnt want me to UL in the full format so I had to lower the picture quality a little.

Raid groups goes between my portrait and recount on the left side, starting from the top towards the bottomn.

+ Reply to Thread