+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate The UI Above

Thank you for the comment, I really like how clean your ui is and it fits well. i would give it about 8-9/10.
    just a question, if I may ask, how is your scrolling battle text set up? I agree mine is messy.

9/10 for Raij. I feel like there's a lot of wasted real estate at the top of the screen. I know it's a viewport style, but there could still be good info up there.

In combat vs Saurfang25H.

For some reason, my DXE timers were off by a few seconds on H PP tonight. Not entirely sure why, but if it keeps it up on Thursday, I might have to switch back to DBM.

Regarding my wasted screen real-estate. Technically I am saving, because I use viewpoint my view is increased as it isn't overlapped by my buffs and debuffs, if I turned that off I'd see less. I understand what you're saying, but I gain more visibility this way. Regardless, carry on!

Here is my retired Feral Tank UI. I used my own custom edit of TukUI, which is most of what you see on the screen. After formatting and re-writing Tuks .lua files to my liking, I substitued additional addons: Grid, TidyPlates, Omen, and PowerAuras among others. I am no guru at editting code, but this setup works well for me. Enjoy!

http://upload.vindicatum.com/images/screenlql.jpg
    Last edited by Beermuscles; 09-10-2010 at 03:11 PM.

^ Great Tanking UI, All the Crap trimmed, and the important stuff very easy to see.

This is my Resto UI. The main addons I use are Grid, Clickset, Pitbull, Recount, DBM, and a few others for Aethetics/Organization.
    I like to keep my grid as close to my feet as possible, as well as my Debuffs. I Use Simple Buff Bars, so at a glance I can see what buffs/debuffs i have. I am a lot better with names, and numbers than I am with icons. Sorry for the major DBM, Coodown Spam, it can keep pretty clear normally.

@Grendelle...

8/10. Very clean! I noticed that your timer bars are a bit closer to the middle of the screen than I would prefere, especially since you have a lot of room on the right hand side of the screen, but that's just me. I say that because I'm always worried about my bars potentially covering-up something important, like fire or an incoming mob or a friend in trouble. I also like to emphasize my own debuffs on the boss for easy reference, which you can see below...

Mods:
    XPerl (used for portraits and raid health monitors)
    Bartender
    Recount
    Omen
    Sexymap
    DBM
    ForteXorcist (for spell & proc timers)
    MSBT
    Pally Power
    TitanPanel

If you're wondering why the tooltip for Divine Storm is showing, it's because I am (yes, it's true) a clicker. More of a hybrid clicker really... I'm left handed so I use my right hand for moving (Q,E,W,S) and 1-3 on my keyboard for certain things. But like I was saying before, I oversize my debuffs on the boss a little bit just for easy reference, which was more beneficial when playing my Warlock.

8.5/10 - nicely done but all the buttons arent for me. I am a healer though, so Clique solves that issue. I might also move Forte down toward recount and omen and move MSBT away from the center of the screen.

Here's mine.

The weird white-black panel stuck in the middle confuses me. Blocks the whole screen. The UI looks misaligned, and every single module looks like it is placed upon each other. Lock Recount and Omen. 3/10.

I will upload it per request.
    Last edited by Dévourer; 09-18-2010 at 01:32 AM.

@Dévourer; Why do you have your buttons sitting on top of the black bar (viewport?) at the bottom. There seems to be enough room to the left of your recount.
    Also you seem to have msbt for combat text, but I can also see combat text on your unitframes.
    The unitframes are blocking the view of you character, that would annoy me.
    Change your msbt (it is msbt, right?) font to the same font you use for the rest of your ui.

6/10 for functionality, 3/10 for the looks

What I would do (but of course its all up to personal preference):
    - Remove the combattext from your unitframes;
    - Create some more open space around your char by moving pitbull unitframes and msbt out of the way;
    - Move your buttons to the space left of recount (get some cooldown addon if you need your buttons there for the cd's)

Well that's about it. If this works perfectly fine for you, that's great. I hope you can do something with my comments tho.
    Last edited by Hellsmash; 09-25-2010 at 03:47 AM. Reason: gram

@Dévoure 7/10 a little too much obstruction of view going on. Move a couple things down and it's gtg.

My addons are:
    Pitbull
    Bartender
    Chatter
    DBM
    Icehud
    Recount
    SatrinaBuff
    SexyMap
    Sunn Viewport

@NonPhixion:
    The UI looks very clean but as theres no raid frames or any actual combat going on its hard to say how good it really is..

The UI Ive been using for a while now (on 1920*1280 resolution):

http://www.tankspot.com/attachment.p...achmentid=2276 for the fullsize version..

mia.jpg

Shadowedframes
    bartender
    tankmastery
    tauntmaster
    Align
    BUffalo3
    XRS 3.1
    fatality
    KGPannels
    Kromtargeticons
    prat 3.0
    Ibuggrabber
    atlasloot
    omen
    recount
    sexymap
    Attached Images
    Last edited by praetoria; 09-27-2010 at 09:33 AM.

9/10.. only thing i dontn like is the bar at the top. its just not my preference. but otherwise.. really nice.

Santaro - I really, really enjoy the uniqueness and personalization of this UI - 9.5/10 from me ^_^

Last edited by SixStringsXD; 09-27-2010 at 05:45 PM.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/mugthol/Saal/advanced

I actually like it, but as a tank, (which I ASSUME that you are), I'd move Grid into a better position where you can keep better track on it all. 8/12 if you're a tank, 7/12 if DPS.

Here's mine, updated, for the earlier question, I used my kgPanels (it was solid-color kgPanels, not Viewport) as a "info bar" where DPS, Threat and such were.

Here's a updated version of the one I posted earlier.

And here's my current UI.

@Dévourer. I like it much more the way it is now. I do understand the use of the black bar you had, but if you do that, I'd suggest using a viewport. Otherwise you block a massive amount of your viewarea. However, to me this is way better anyway
    I give your new UI a 7.5/10. But you should always use what you like best, obviously.
    I'm currently working on a nice new UI of which I'm going to upload a screenshot for you guys to shoot at as soon as it's ready.

it doesnt look that bad so i give it a 7.5/10. what i dont like is all the text in the middle. i cant see a thing! i also would suggest making your raid frame bigger and your frame/ target frame a bit thinner.

updated my ui a bit :

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    4/5 pretty nice UI.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

8/10
    I like how clean and sleak it is. But im more of a universal guy. I like a lot of my spells to be available.
    WoWScrnShot_081210_120346.jpg

^^Click to enlarge^^
    Last edited by BDF Animositý; 10-03-2010 at 01:44 PM.

nice man. really nice.

+ Reply to Thread