+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate The UI Above

For Last UI above, 8/10

Here's my UI, open to feedback and suggestions. Used for paladin healing.

Thanks in advance for input!

6/10, its a pretty nice ui, but i personally do not like all the text and icons on top of your character.
    for some reason it wont let me attach a screenshot, so here is a link:
    http://s767.photobucket.com/albums/x...810_222609.jpg

7/10 i like the positioning of your bars/ raid frames and cast bar but you half of your lower screen is filt with it so thats a big con. also your chat box is way too large in my opinion.

here is mine UI:
    http://img830.imageshack.us/i/wowscr...710201500.jpg/
    ( same problem as post before me)

in a month or so i m getting a 23" wide screen so i probably put my grid in the lower part too. for now it works. on the right side of the target you can see targetcharms , it let me put a mark on the target with one click.

5/10

I do like how your buffs are along the side there and your Grid and PallyPower are placed nicely (I have a hard time deciding where to put those two addons), but the bottom is too much of a mess for me. The only thing that fits in that black bar you have going across the bottom is your threat meter. Your map, buttons and chat log are all sticking out of it. Either expand the bar to the top of those elements or get rid of it. Also, everything seems a little bit too bold and chunky. It's a good set up and I see how it works well for a tank, it just needs to be cleaned up.

Here is my UI. I have redone it, cleaned it up a little bit and here it is.
    http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...910_200359.jpg

That is mine, heh, what do you think of it?

Pretty nice. I'd give this one a 8/10.
    I like how all the colours fit together and clean look on it.
    What I don't like is the Nameplates, you could definitley improve on that one to make a matching nameplate with black/white textures to fit the rest of the UI.

Have a good one.
    - Malfius of Ahn'Quiraj
    Tanking since 2004.
    Protection Warrior.

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    Quote Originally Posted by Awadatsu View Post
    That is mine, heh, what do you think of it?
    6.5/10 - I like how you got a good color flow going on but your buffs/debuffs could be placed better and be a bit bigger.

my right bar is only shown on mouse over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

Quote Originally Posted by Toushiro View Post
    6.5/10 - I like how you got a good color flow going on but your buffs/debuffs could be placed better and be a bit bigger.

9/10 I'd like to see it when it's finished for sure. Only thing I don't really care for is the chat frame directly in the middle. Seems a little off putting and possibly distracting. Just me tho..Otherwise very clean and organized.

My new UI. It's still a bit of a work in progress.
    I don't have any raid action shots, I just came back from a 3ish month hiatus. So I just toggled everything so it'd be visible.
    Also, I'm still playing with dxe, trying to figure the best fit. Definitely like it so far tho.

Cardaxar|US-Dunemaul
    n1ck1stkr13g.deviantart.com / nicistkvlt.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Toushiro View Post

Ahh yeah, my buffs/debuffs are now on top of the target plate, under my dot timers.

But, what addon are you useing for your nameplate, and the bars in the bottom left corner, that say guild: 10, armor, friends, and such? I like both of those.

i believe toushiro is using an edited tuk ui - and the bottom bars are some of tuk's own coding. you can achieve the same results by using stat block core and an panel addon.

Doc.

Quote Originally Posted by Awadatsu View Post
    Ahh yeah, my buffs/debuffs are now on top of the target plate, under my dot timers.

But, what addon are you useing for your nameplate, and the bars in the bottom left corner, that say guild: 10, armor, friends, and such? I like both of those.
    for the text in the lower left part , SLdatatext can do that and for the looks of it i actually think it is SLDT.

yes sldt can do that. but dollars to doughnuts its a tuk edit. ( oh wait doughnuts almost cost a buck these days.)

Doc

Updated
    Cardaxar|US-Dunemaul

I threw this together quick when I started to heal on my priest. I need to figure out what to do with those raid frames. When they are in a corner it is a pain in the butt to heal and be aware of what is happening around me, but with them right next to my character it rocks. It just looks bad. I have a lot of really cool power aura classic things too, that aren't shown in the pic. Also for some reason when I took this some guy ran right on top of my character, so im barely in my own screen.

Do you really need your character portraits that big? It makes the whole UI look off balanced. so does grid just sitting all skewed like that. Maybe shrink recount down and move it up and over, move your bag bar up and put grid? vuhdo? next to your abilities bars. Also maybe consider getting a buff addon like satrinas, that way you can take advantage of the extra space you've saved by moving your map down, and get rid of the buffs above your character frame.

edit: noticed you have vuhdo buff watch up in the left hand corner of the screen, so you definitely don't need your buffs displayed on your character frame.
    Cardaxar|US-Dunemaul

Well I used to have my vuhdo frames right were the recount is, but it hurt my neck have to look down and the to right, instead of near the middle of my screen. Lol and yea I know my player and target framers are huge those could probably be changed. I was thinking about moving my buttons and possibly putting vuhdo there, but I've been using that button layout for so long I don't know If I really want to learn a new button layout. I do have a buff mod (SBF) It makes a centered row at the top of my screen. I never thought about turning them off of my portrait i'll give that a shot. Any other addons I should be using as a healer?

I think it could use some critique.

I wish I wasn't so comfortable with my UI I really like how little is on your screen
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Nighthorror; 08-22-2010 at 10:10 PM.

I think your recount size could be a little smaller and move things a little bit on the left of your screen, perhaps the chat box could go to the bottom left corner, but its not bad 6/10.
    I have been messing with my ui too much going back and forth but this is it now:

Last edited by Gronrust; 09-06-2010 at 08:58 PM.

UI above is pretty good, although seems like quite a bit going on and I really hate that default MSBT text.

Here is mine:

You can see my UI in action in our LK H video as I don't have any real in combat SSes atm

I have bars that pop up over my health to show debuffs, buffs and important cds as well as some Power Auras!

http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=158697

+ Reply to Thread