+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate The UI Above

Quote Originally Posted by Reforminded View Post
    If I might offer my opinion. I would give your UI a 9/10 for PVP, but a 6.5/10 for PVE. For PVP you have only the essential information right in your line of sight. With the chat hidden during combat and the unit frames arranged as you have it for 5 man arenas, it is just about perfect in layout. I personally would lose the buttons at the top and change the map format, as well as try to integrate Recount better (I am a panel whore) which is why it is a 9 instead of a 10. But for PvP your general approach is excellent and I think I will try to make myself a similar version to try on my rogue. (I should add, one PvP feature I really like is that you have the class icon where a portrait would be in the unit frames, which makes for easy target identification in a chaotic environment - I never thought of that and I am definitely stealing it for PvP).

For PvE I think your UI makes a poor use of real estate by cramming information into the top middle of the screen when you could make use of the corners to open up a greater field of vision. I would also prefer slightly larger and delineated action bars for better CD management (and really just to fit my style of play - totally subjective). As I said, judging from your Unit layout this is a PvP UI, and for that it excels. Nice job!

(PS: By tunnel vision I think the previous poster was looking at it from a PvE perspective and in a raid situation it does seem like the ui wants you to stare right down the middle, losing some periphery....)
    That makes more sense, since it's a pvp UI anyway. All my abilities I could use blindfolded, so the location of an action bar does nothing. Also since I never use a minimap in an instance it can be hidden, as well as recount. The video shows me opening up by hiding both of them with a button press. What I don't have shown that I should have is a poison indicator in the upper left, various buff/debuff watchers on targets, and my threat meter for when I raid (which is just a single bar that runs along the right side of the screen 100%=tank the boss).

A new UI i designed yesterday. Hope u like it

3 hidden bars to make it look cleaner.

Showing focus+focustarget target+targetoftarget + castbars.

In raid

Quote Originally Posted by Petninja View Post
    I don't follow your meaning. With the exception a few very non essentials all of my UI stuff is located in the same spot that the UI you just posted is located. What is it about my setup that would lead you to think tunnel vision?
    When i looked at it, to me the actual space where everything goes on was overcast by everything around it, so i think i would find my self totaly oblivious to what is going on around me and focused on the spot in the middle.

@ sausje -> Interesting Font. I give you a 8/10. The buff/debuff icons are a whee bit spaced out. Along with the action bar. But I absolutely love it.

Quote Originally Posted by sausje View Post
    A new UI i designed yesterday. Hope u like it

3 hidden bars to make it look cleaner.

Showing focus+focustarget target+targetoftarget + castbars.

In raid
    I want QQ

WoWScrnShot_061110.jpg

Something I put together yesterday, recently discovered geist, enabled me to hide my less used buttons. Trying out Icehud again, I'll try to get a raid screenshot up soon.
    WoWScrnShot_061110.jpg

^Showing geist buttons toggled

9/10, simple, shows what you need, lacks a little flashyness though

I cant stand bottom based UIs, I like to keep everything pretty much centrailzed, hence everything being shoved to the right of my character.

Idle

Combat

Boss Combat

Addons: Sunn Art, Prat, DXE, Satrina Buff Frames, Omen, Pitbull, Bartender, ButtonFacade, MSBT, Grid, pMinimap, Simple Rune Bar, ForteExorcist, Omnicc, Caelnameplates, AzCastBar, PowerAuras, Skada, WIM

Since I am a fan of symmetry in a UI, I'm not a fan. 5/10

My newest WIPWoWScrnShot_061310.jpg

8/10. I like the look of it, but i also dont like how all the buttons are in one big block... not like you need to keep them ALL on hand to be used quickly, haha... but other than that its really nice. Very Clutter-free unlike a lot I've seen

first one here has no target... second one i clearly have my pet targeted (swap that) O.o ... frames look exactly the same in raid/party.
    Attached Images

I completely agree with ya. I do need to cut down on the buttons. Actually, when I created this UI I started making a list of all the abilities I use and am now working at determining which I want to be able to see and which ones I don't need to

Here's what mine currently looks like, in a short video clip from when we downed LK, which shows what I see when actually in a raid. It started with pieces and parts from Ciderhelm's UI from a couple years ago and I've been adding and tweaking since then for what I like the most.

I like to see the entire scene around me so I use CBH Viewport so my screen isn't cluttered with stuff I don't need to see in the raid.

Cry Havoc! And let slip the Ghosts of War..

Very nice UI, clean, not clumped up and easy to use(or that's what i see). 9/10 because I don't like the minimap, i like the simple square model from SexyMap
    Anyways here's mine: http://img716.imageshack.us/gal.php?...0615102113.png

Not the best, but works for me, as i play on a laptop with small res (1280 x 800). Also it doesn't use a lot of memory and it doesn't lower my fps at all at comparison with standard UI.
    How you doin'?

Yeah that's sexymap too, just shiny...but I don't have FPS issues on my rig since I built a new one (1080p gaming is kinda nice). 7/10 because I hate having my buttons over the top of stuff I want to see in game.
    Last edited by Goros; 06-15-2010 at 02:12 PM.

Cry Havoc! And let slip the Ghosts of War..

http://heubaum.com/ladydwtest.m4v

My interface in action -- I'd take a SS, but I'm not sure a SS quite captures everything most of the time, especially when you're standing in the middle of IF doing nothing.

I'll try to get a SS also.

Quote Originally Posted by Goros View Post
    I hate having my buttons over the top of stuff I want to see in game.
    I kinda hate having them in the way, but I made them a bit transparrent, and as I learn my rotation i will eventually make the main spell bar barely visible.
    How you doin'?

@Laxatk
    6/10
    For what do you need the Experience bar and your game fps? Also most of your UI-addon have different styles and are not well placed. Like the red top bar from Recount.

My UI:

Very clean, think its great if you dont wanna see your UI, and more of the game.
    Not my still so hard to rate.

But i think you hit your goal, but the UI are not in sync, most of it is out of the box look.
    7/10

Hey had a "bad" day, you know the kind of day where you just hate your UI and wanna make a remake. So here it is.

http://img46.imageshack.us/i/wowscrn...010110125.jpg/

http://img155.imageshack.us/i/wowscr...010110142.jpg/

6/10, I think the textures take a lot of focus away from the important information, and the background graphics are distracting. I do like that everything isn't just clumped up, but functionality is always more important that looks.

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/...810_005554.jpg

Omen opens up in the blank space next to Chatter, forte exorcist opens above bartender.

8.5/10 Its nice and clean ui, overall i like it, but i'm not a big fan of those clean looking uis

http://goo.gl/3RcP
    (the rez of the game window is 1600x900 )

The link for my UI leads to a photobucket album, just click "Previous" button to navigate to other pics of the UI.
    I know some of the text overlaps but it doesn't bother me that much in combat.
    Last edited by gta809; 06-21-2010 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekyte View Post
    @Laxatk
    6/10
    For what do you need the Experience bar and your game fps? Also most of your UI-addon have different styles and are not well placed. Like the red top bar from Recount.

My UI:
    Very clean UI. I been looking for a change, any chance of an upload or a list of mods you use. 9/10

+ Reply to Thread