+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate The UI Above

@ Reforminded

Yeah the icons etc are quite big due to playing on a 32" monitor, on a small screen it would be wayy too big but when seen full screen on a 32" things don't seem quite soo bad.

I have thought of taking pitbull away as Ice hud does everything Pitbull does but i like to have many of the same things around my screen so i can always see what is happening no matter where i look

7/10 pretty simplistic which I like. I also like how omen and recount are together.

Lol! I get a 7/10 for simplicity from a guy running the stock ui with a buch of addons piled around the screen......

5/10. your ui is just stock with recount, grid, paly power, and omen.

you need to get new unit frames, and move your tooltip.

bartender would be nice to have also
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My ui is LUI v3 and RealUI combined

i still have to edit some more of the LUA to get it to work together and edit the colors of the unit frames so they dont clash.. LUI is surprisingly hard to customize

Ive tried unit frames and action bar addons, I always go back to default. If it aint broke dont fix it imo. ITS ALL IMO, imo...

PS. imo imo imo

@Reforminded:

Very clean UI i quite like it, 8/10 (Potentially 8.5/10). Places where i feel you lost marks;
    Why do you need quest objectives in the middle of the screen?
    I know its not a boss fight you're in but i don't see a DXE handeler so i assume you use DBM, no idea where it sits without seeing it on screen though.
    Couple of holes in ur UI, maybe a health stone or potion would be good to go there?
    You are facing the wrong way ^_^
    And nothing is perfect, i'll never give a 10 :P over all very nice, saw ur post about using a large screen so makes sense as to scale.

Thinks i like;
    UI is very clean,
    nothing covering your toons feet,
    as you don't play a healer this ui is functional with raid health bars down the left
    Buffs are highly visable and easy to identify
    Not over crowding of bars.

Question for you, what is the buff mod you are using and what is the mod shoing fps/gold/latency/clock ect?

Edit:
    @Squats
    Over all: 7/10
    Thinks i didn't like;
    Borders, yeah they look pretty but they really don't do anytiong for functionality and take up a bit of space on the left and right,
    As you are not in combat or on a boss fight this screenshot doesn't give a clear representation of how your UI full comes together during combat (big loss here, i'm happy to remark witha combat shot :-)
    Bar on the side for cooldowns i find a little bit eerrrrrrrrrrr. I think of bars off far away as if you need to get to them fast you have to take your eyes off your toon, cast bars, health bars that sorta thing. I know this is personal preference but i just find this to be something that degrades from players over all raid awareness even if it is only for a few seconds, it might be long enough for defile to get cast on them or a vile spirit to spawn near them.

Thinks i like:
    UI is very clean
    Nothing covering your toon
    Raid frames are not in the way as you are not a healer its not overly important for you to see them
    Bottom bars aren't overloaded with crap (mounts and other such junk thats not needed)
    I'm assuming omen on the left recount on the right, don't need to be that central on recount imo but it appears you've gone for symetry which i like.

Thats all i have for now :-)

On another note i'm disapointed no one rated my UI, i won't repost it as i have made changes and will be making some more shortlyish, but here is my initial post http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...891#post404891, i think i provided enough feedback on others to get atleast 1 reply to mine as someone i commented on reposted after me and took the rating glory :P Thx.
    Last edited by Steggles; 05-18-2010 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Missed Squats UI, added in comments.

@ Steggles

I would give your UI a 7/10. I very much like how open it is (except for the right part of the screen, above your data read outs) and how you have access to a lot of information without feeling too overloaded. That said, I find the mix of colors/fonts accross all the addons, mixed in with some stock looking blizzard frames, makes it look a little messy/cluttered around the bottom. Have you thought about setting up some panels to unify the look and feel of your addons?

Quote Originally Posted by Steggles View Post
    @Reforminded:

Very clean UI i quite like it, 8/10 (Potentially 8.5/10). Places where i feel you lost marks;
    Why do you need quest objectives in the middle of the screen?
    I know its not a boss fight you're in but i don't see a DXE handeler so i assume you use DBM, no idea where it sits without seeing it on screen though.
    Couple of holes in ur UI, maybe a health stone or potion would be good to go there?
    You are facing the wrong way ^_^
    And nothing is perfect, i'll never give a 10 :P over all very nice, saw ur post about using a large screen so makes sense as to scale.

Thinks i like;
    UI is very clean,
    nothing covering your toons feet,
    as you don't play a healer this ui is functional with raid health bars down the left
    Buffs are highly visable and easy to identify
    Not over crowding of bars.

Question for you, what is the buff mod you are using and what is the mod shoing fps/gold/latency/clock ect?
    Regarding your comments/questions on mine:
    I was a little embarassed that I left the objectives window open but it was the best screenshot I had so far. I had just /reload ui and it automatically opens the objectives. I do like having it up in the middle of the screen, because when closed it is almost invisible and then gives very quick access to the info.

I do use DBM and I have the timers set up above my data read outs, and my warnings pop up in the lower MSBT panel, right above my target of target (where the bloodsurge proc is indicated). My eyes are normally scanning down there so it relays the information quickly for me.

Regarding Pots/Stones, if you look closely above my player unit frame you will see a hidden bar (10% transparency) that lights up when I mouseover. It has my emergency buttons (health pots, Enraged regen, lock rocks) as well as some rage/movement stuff (Bloodrage, stoneform, indestructable pot). I love having everything so close that a paniced click is doable, but also so hidden that it does not interrupt the UI. I also have hidden bars between the side windows and the main play area. Regarding the holes in the upper right action bar, it used to be filled with on use trinkets but right now mine are automatic, so they just sit empty and are useful for making in raid macros.

"I am facing the wrong way" - indeed....happens a lot! I just installed perror yesterday so I have eliminated the "ability is not ready yet" and "your target is dead" spam, but since I occasionally find myself out of position when a tank moves a mob, I left up the "turn around dumb azz" warning.

The buff mod is SBF, pretty standard config except I changed the borders to match the rest of my setup. The Data readouts on the bottom are Fortress displaying the Broker_durability, Broker_sys_mon, Broker_Money, and Broker_uClock modules. They are also configured to match the rest of the UI, but the have an annoying habit of putting a 1 pixel buffer between all the frames each time I load the UI, so I have to get it back into position each time I log in. No biggie, but annoying.

Here is a (smaller) screenshot from last night in 10 man.

@Reforminded

Thanks for the feedback, you picked up on a few things i overlooked on my UI (fonts ect), gonna have to go back and rebuild some of it i think. I'll fix it all up i think and post a update in a few days, might even do it tonight. In regards to the stuff on the right, range frame had to keep relatively central however using AVR don't need it so much anymore, and looking at dropping decursive all together and blending that back into grid. Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated

You pointed out a couple of things i didn't notice about ur UI, even noticed the stance bar at a closer look and if i may say it "I see what you did there"

When you mentioned SBF what is the full name of the mod? i cant seam to find it?

Satrina Buff frames. It is a very lightweight mod that repositions your buffs and rebuffs in any way you can think of. You can change colors, borders, size, fonts, font/icon positions, separate them into different bars, filter info, etc......I have been using it since Satrina introduced it.

I know the ui above me has been rated but a lack an uncommented one
    @Reforminded
    I love that your ui has a nice themed look to it, it's something I've struggled to get with my ui (not my favorite border but it's consistent!) The vertical position of the satrina frames seems a little weird looking to me, but I guess that's just me being used to their location on my screen...Otherwise the only thing I really dislike is the amount of text from MSBT. Personally I have the whole top scrolling arena turned off (notification I think it's called) cause it was never telling me anything I needed to know or didn't already know from a different source. Overall though 8.5/10

Here's mine out of combat:

and in our ten man, sorry about the poor quality on this second one (I took the ss from the video I had recorded since I always forget to get a good ss while actually playing...)
    Last edited by Jiune; 05-21-2010 at 02:11 PM.

Funny you should mention the notification area....since my last post I have turned it off and filtered MSBT to only show my special attacks.

8/10

try to make it your own. it doesnt look like you have done much. its just stock LUI v3

this is a WIP right now.. its commin along nicely.

^^ never played a DK, but I am super jealous of anyone that has the skills to only use a couple action bars...very uncluttered 8/10 at least..

Here is my UI, HUGE thanks to BODA, its mostly ripped off from his concepts. Also big thanks to all the posters here. I like seeing everyones ideas....

The two extra chat boxes on the left are undocked for loot purposes during raid...

Last edited by Aberen; 05-25-2010 at 06:37 AM. Reason: forgot to rate :(

Nice and clean, with a lot of viewing room for play. I like it, though I've never been a fan of the big bar at the bottom. 7/10

@Jesauce: too much going on. I think you may want to filter your scrolling combat text a little more, and perhaps turn off the damage over enemies heads (either have SCT or standard combat text, both just fills the screen with numbers and you can't see a thing.

I do like the micro-menu though.

WoWScrnShot_052610.jpg

This is my UI. Basically it is TukUI with classtimer, DXE boss mod, skada, recount, pallypower, msbt, tidyplates (which I still need to "adapt"). other stuff like atlasloot is accessible through the Data_Broker bar at the top of the screen (which bugged out for the screenshot, basically imagine a grey bar with icons on it at the top of the screen.

And a short video showing how it runs.

7/10 for me,

Just seamed a buit tunnel vision for my liking, but i guess that is person preff. Other than that ok m8

Heres mine, its a dual effort with Reforminded (top guy)

I like the way it came out on your screen. It was fun working with you today setting it up - happy tanking mate!

Quote Originally Posted by kingymech View Post
    7/10 for me,

Just seamed a buit tunnel vision for my liking, but i guess that is person preff. Other than that ok m8
    I don't follow your meaning. With the exception a few very non essentials all of my UI stuff is located in the same spot that the UI you just posted is located. What is it about my setup that would lead you to think tunnel vision?

Quote Originally Posted by Petninja View Post
    I don't follow your meaning. With the exception a few very non essentials all of my UI stuff is located in the same spot that the UI you just posted is located. What is it about my setup that would lead you to think tunnel vision?
    If I might offer my opinion. I would give your UI a 9/10 for PVP, but a 6.5/10 for PVE. For PVP you have only the essential information right in your line of sight. With the chat hidden during combat and the unit frames arranged as you have it for 5 man arenas, it is just about perfect in layout. I personally would lose the buttons at the top and change the map format, as well as try to integrate Recount better (I am a panel whore) which is why it is a 9 instead of a 10. But for PvP your general approach is excellent and I think I will try to make myself a similar version to try on my rogue. (I should add, one PvP feature I really like is that you have the class icon where a portrait would be in the unit frames, which makes for easy target identification in a chaotic environment - I never thought of that and I am definitely stealing it for PvP).

For PvE I think your UI makes a poor use of real estate by cramming information into the top middle of the screen when you could make use of the corners to open up a greater field of vision. I would also prefer slightly larger and delineated action bars for better CD management (and really just to fit my style of play - totally subjective). As I said, judging from your Unit layout this is a PvP UI, and for that it excels. Nice job!

(PS: By tunnel vision I think the previous poster was looking at it from a PvE perspective and in a raid situation it does seem like the ui wants you to stare right down the middle, losing some periphery....)

+ Reply to Thread