+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 835

Thread: Rate The UI Above

  1. #381


    It's nice, I'll give you a 8/10. It looks so neat and clean.
    'Smash through obstacles, with a heart of gold and a Mind of steel, Nothing can get in my way.'

  2. #382
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On a farm
    Posts
    666
    Use a widescreen resolution?
    I'm an alt-oholic. I'm ok with that.
    http://warcraftid.com/card/170/n/73a...f/sholozar.jpg

  3. #383
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3
    @ Fudandragg, Pretty nice, Good job! 8/10



    Only thing I'm not a fan of in mine is the raid frames, might switch them out for Grid.

  4. #384
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1
    @ Stappz 8/10 grid is a must

    xp0e2r..jpg


    Here is mine

  5. #385
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    127
    Just posted mine recently but I'll rate anyway....9/10. I've never been a fan of minimap buttons. If the area to the right of your bag icon remains always empty, MBF would look great there. Also, lol, Mr. "grid is a must"...where's yours?

    If it wasn't for those 2 things I could easily give it a 10.

  6. #386
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8
    8/10 on previous one. Don't like the button setup ;P
    Attached Images

  7. #387
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
    Definitely a good start. I'll pop you a 6/10 right now, but it could easily hit 8/10 with a little bit of work. I'd work on getting your elements meshing a little better. Similar fonts and heights of the bottom panels, border color and panel backgrounds the same color/opacity, little things like that.



    Hope you're liking the UI

    Recently got RealUI 0.2.0 uploaded. Still not where I'd like it to be, but each step closer is a good step Will have to find the time to jump into a raid and get some proper screens.





    Think I might have to start hanging around here more often now that I've started tanking again.
    I have already posted above with my UI. However I had to reply to this one. I really enjoy your UI. I would be interested in seeing one in Raid. I give it a 10/10 as I really enjoy how clean and simple it is. After all its not the UI we want to see in game its the game we want to see.

    Awesome job.

  8. #388
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by Aex View Post
    8/10 on previous one. Don't like the button setup ;P
    7/10
    Unitframes are in an interesting spot, and for your SCT, do you really need to see WHO is healing you?

    My current UI, just finished today, still looking for some art for the minimap.
    WoWScrnShot_041310.jpg

  9. #389
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulosthegame View Post
    7/10
    Unitframes are in an interesting spot, and for your SCT, do you really need to see WHO is healing you?

    My current UI, just finished today, still looking for some art for the minimap.
    Attachment 1425
    7/10

    Upload please, I want to steal elements



    Action Shot:

    Last edited by Kahrgan; 04-15-2010 at 09:09 AM.

  10. #390
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    18
    I can't say much for a class I don't play, but for looks alone i'd give it an 7/10. I'd suggest changing to a simpler font though, maybe it's just me but it looks like it'd be annoying to read in a very intense situation

    Out of combat;


    WoWScrnShot_040610.jpg

    In combat;

    WoWScrnShot_033110.jpg
    More detail about addon choices in the 'Show your Interface' thread.

    Think i'll try out Nibelheim's 'RealUI', got many of the elements of mine, but in a much more minimalist package

    EDIT: Installed and currently using 'RealUI', it looks good, but it's feeling too radical a shift to me, though there a few mods in there which I think I can incorparate into my current one.
    Last edited by Borsalino; 04-18-2010 at 08:02 AM.

  11. #391
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    187
    5/10 It's just way TOO much for me...

    Current UI:
    Boomkin (w/ "dot timer"): http://yfrog.com/5cpicture17up My raid frames are still centralized as boomkin, just smaller.
    Resto (25): http://yfrog.com/5zpicture12lp
    Resto (10): http://yfrog.com/hqpicture9ugp


    This is tukUI with skinning of skada and DXE. I also added in the background for the chat window.
    Addons are: tukUI, Grid, Skada, Addon Control Panel, Atlas Loot, Bind Pad, Friends with Benefits, Mik Scrolling combat text, Power Auras, Rating Buster, and WIM.

  12. #392
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    18
    Um, sorry if this is breaking the thread rules, but care to elaborate Anaire?
    EDIT: I'll admit that that last screenshot is pretty 'crowded' but since then i've just scrapped the combat text and shrunk the raidframes into the bottom, leaving the middle quite empty (I'll get a good screenshot up soon)
    Last edited by Borsalino; 04-19-2010 at 10:35 AM.

  13. #393
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by Borsalino View Post
    Um, sorry if this is breaking the thread rules, but care to elaborate Anaire?
    EDIT: I'll admit that that last screenshot is pretty 'crowded' but since then i've just scrapped the combat text and shrunk the raidframes into the bottom, leaving the middle quite empty (I'll get a good screenshot up soon)
    Explanation:
    You have both unit frames and a HUD - they show the same information if set up correctly (I've used a HUD before...)
    The debuffs are placed lower on the screen which starts the cluttering of the center. The combat text, HUD, and error spam is a lot of clutter and limits what you see. If you're dps (and see as you're a cat, I'm assuming you are) there isn't a need for such large raid frames..

    What I would do:
    Scale down Omen - have the person's name, TPS, and Threat % visible, you have a lot of dead space there
    ---- Swap it with Skada, threat is more important than damage being done imo
    ---- And is it necessary to see 10 people's threat?
    Scale down Skada, during a fight you don't really need to see it unless manually assigning bite targets on BQ
    Get an addon to organize all the buttons around your map
    Reduce the size of the raid frames
    HUD or unit frames - they show the same info
    ---- If you keep HUD have it shorten the numbers like 33.3k for your health..
    ---- If you keep unit frames is it necessary to see the images? Is it necessary for the ToT and focus to be so large? I would keep the unit frames, centralize them in the center of your screen, remove the images, put your cooldown bar below it, and your feral addon center above where your toon's head is.
    Move buffs to top of screen
    Combat text - make it smaller and have it show the information you need.
    Finally, I would have a background for the chat box, not the entire bottom of the screen.

    /run AlwaysUpFrame1:Hide()
    ^^Will hide attempts left text at the top of the screen

    I said it's just too much because it is, for me there is too much going on. Strip down what you don't need or that is duplicates (HUD/unit frames) and scale down.

  14. #394
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    18
    I had both unitframes and hud because I was trying to get used to a HUD, but now i've just scrapped it, moved everything down to the centre and gotten rid of combat text. It doesn't really make much of a difference where I put omen/skada because the few times I overaggro are either because I got a lucky string of Omen of Clarity procs or the tank dc'd.

    WoWScrnShot_041910.jpgWoWScrnShot_041910.jpg

    Anyway, thanks for the suggestions-from left to right (in the middle'ish) i've got myself,my target, targets target with focus target under my portait.

    EDIT: All this fretting and I haven't even rated your UI!

    Well, let's just say it's hard to criticize something you can't find fault in, solid 10/10 for both dps and healing interfaces i'd say. I've tried using UI packages myself but I can never really get used to them, besisdes, I find it much more interesting and fun to make build from the ground up and I learn a lot through the feedback....though I'll probably install Tukui for my alt shaman(healer).

    EDIT2: Do the portaits look 'loose' to you? the best UI's tend to be the ones that have mods which 'compliment' each other design wise which is what i've been trying to do with the bottom (and failing miserably), and now there's this huge space in the middle and i'm not quite sure how to use it. Maybe I should move the DXE alert's anchor somewhere else and place target/target's target down there, switch focus target and droodfocus?
    Last edited by Borsalino; 04-19-2010 at 03:12 PM.

  15. #395
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5

    Reply to Borsalino

    The only thing i can think to say about your UI is pose this question to you:

    How much information is duplicated somewhere else on your screen and how much information is too much? e.g.

    1. You have omen expanded to see the top 9 people + yourself, you have omen and tidy plates/threat plates. Consider shrinking it to only show the top few people instead(you really only need your threat compared to the tanks and not other people) or if you only DPS consider switching to Threat Bar.

    2. Recount during combat. I feel that recount is something to use in between pulls to asses how you did for the previous attempt. If you want a mod to track your DPS try something that uses less real estate such as MyDPS.

    3. Items meant only for aesthetics such as the large black bar at the bottom and the 3d unit frames on HP/mana bars. NOTE: If you want the large black bar at the bottom consider Aperture to move the bottom of your visible area up so you aren't missing anything that could be hidden behind something. Example


    My Ui

    Things not shown in the above screen shot. Power Auras to track Hunters Mark/Stings/Aspect in between Player frame and target. Also in between player frame and target is Threat Bar. I use Pitbull's raid frames and they go down the left side of my screen. Recount is hidden during combat.

  16. #396
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    187
    The portraits are not needed was my point... They take up a lot of space.

    If I had to re rate 6/10. You still have a LOT of wasted space imo. Let me introduce you to pError. I also suggest reading this.

    The UI is squashed to the center and messy imo. I would rather raid with the default blizz raid frames pulled out than your UI. =x

  17. #397
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3
    Since Anaire's UI wasn't rated I will rate his/hers.

    Anaire:
    7.5/10.
    Generally good use of space in some areas ie, cast bars, however minimilism that uch on cast bars can cause problems (what happens if everyone is dead, boss is on 10k health, how ill you moonfire it?)
    I personally feel your dot timers in the first SS are too intrusive as well as ur hot timers i assume (wild growth icon in the middle) also restrict being able to see what colour goo you may be standing in. No visual threat meter also would concern me.
    Your boss timers are good, very easy to see. Aside from your raid frames your UI looks very tidy, however it really isn't for me as you will see from mine.

    Borsalino as you reposted
    6/10
    Your UI feels too cluttered, i don't personally feel its important to have a massive health frame for targets unless you are healing as for a long boss fight it will change rather slowly and shouldn't really be a focal point.
    I can see the same issue i had with yours as i had with Anaire's UI and that is you have bars over your toon which restricts seeing if the goo under your feet matches your shoes.
    Your UI just feels a bit of a mess to me personally. The bottom 1/2 is neat and nice and you have used the fade option in bartender well (i use it for my stance bars on my druid, pally and warrior also its pro), however I don't think it would be a very functional healing UI.
    IMO Stuff flying through your toon is a big nono.

    Apologies to rabicab, i completely over looked yours.
    8.5/10
    I like minimilist UIs very much however i feel they lack some degree of functionality in those "Oh crap" situations
    As i cant see haste pots, health stone, ect on ur bars i would assume you would open your bag for these items which can be annoying hence why i deducted some points. You are also not showing where your recount sits and a few other things as you mentioned so I get an accurate feel for it in combat while being used. However I did re-read your post and add .5 of a point for explaining where they sit.
    Some UIs look great out of combat but turn into a mess in combat and I feel that with what you have not shown yeilds potential for this.

    Additionally to Rabicab, on your reply, point 2. I disagree. I feel recount should be used as a DPS tuning mod during fights, more so for easy bosses. Example, if you have a laggy connection for what ever reason just as a once off, it will allow you to help adjust your play style to suit your latency. If you are trying something new in raid and want immediate feedback on wether or not what your doing is working. But again, personal preference.


    Nuer UI..jpg

    A quick summary of mods used some are visual, some are not. DBM (yells only), Dues Vox Encounters, grid, bartender, tell me when, quartz, pitbull, totem timers, elkano's buff bars, sexy map, recount, omen, omniCC, decursive, ice hud, pally power, prat, titan panel and MikScrollingBattleText. There are a few others which are not visable and are for general play not raiding so i won't list those.

    Things to note: Elkano's buff bars on the left shows all buffs, there is another buff bar which has larger bars which shows whitelisted buffs and debuffs (eg: Divinie intervention, Hand of Protection invisbility, ice block, necrotic plague, sanity, those sorts of things which i MUST be aware of or be able to click off quickly).

    My ui is built around playing as a true hybrid, both resto and ele depending on the fight. It is also laid out to be workable for all class roles. Lastly the bar on the far right is purely healing assignmnets for HM fights, if u look closely u can figure out my progression :P

    Apologies if I provided too much info, i like to be thorough. Please feel free to PM me with any comments, mod requests or genereal feedback/mod suggestions.

    Edit: Made some extra changes, thought i'd leave the previous SS in but heres it now

    Nu UI again..jpg
    Last edited by Steggles; 04-21-2010 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Missed rabicab's UI completely. Fixed :-) Also added 2nd ss

  18. #398
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by Steggles View Post
    Since Anaire's UI wasn't rated I will rate his/hers.

    Anaire:
    7.5/10.
    Generally good use of space in some areas ie, cast bars, however minimilism that uch on cast bars can cause problems (what happens if everyone is dead, boss is on 10k health, how ill you moonfire it?)
    I personally feel your dot timers in the first SS are too intrusive as well as ur hot timers i assume (wild growth icon in the middle) also restrict being able to see what colour goo you may be standing in. No visual threat meter also would concern me.
    Your boss timers are good, very easy to see. Aside from your raid frames your UI looks very tidy, however it really isn't for me as you will see from mine.
    Second time I f'ed up and had to retype. So keeping it short, the LK SS I was abnormally zoomed in. I heal 97% of the time so threat not a big deal, when I do dps, the little box on the bottom left is a threat meter. I scaled down my dot timers except my eclipse proc timer. Those are icons showing me my spells are off of cooldown not a hot timer. I can see goo. I memorize my keybindings so I don't need 100 buttons on my screen, moonfire? Shift-4 when I am healing, although if it comes down to my moonfire being needed to kill the boss, we might as well call it a wipe and figure out what went wrong. AND my raid frames are perfectly tidy. They show boss debuffs, poison, curses, ect. And I don't need an outside mod to decurse, THAT is bound to X.

  19. #399
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    18
    No clutter
    No mess
    No skada in combat
    Shortened omen
    Simple...
    WoWScrnShot_042110.jpg

    ....Beautiful


    P.S I'd already read the 'What to aim for when customizing UI' post, and looked at several UI compilations. Looking at those it seemed to me that 'compact' and 'minimalist' was the way to go, but it seems all i've achieved is 'squashed' and a UI so bad someone would consider using the default frames instead (...seriously?).

    Alright, I don't know what else I can do with this -are the outlines too thick?
    Last edited by Borsalino; 04-21-2010 at 02:41 PM.

  20. #400
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11
    I realy do like your UI, if i had a ferlol i would make a Ui like yours, maybe though do something with the faded skills, only that slighty bugs me, 9/10

    Heres mine:
    4skills5sunders..jpg

    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ls5sunders.jpg

    The Number 25 in the middle of my screen is to watch sunder timer, since i have to put them up in my 10man group since our tanks are a Dk and Paladin, when if they do drop off a sunder image appears . Also i move up or hide my recount in 25mans since grid goes across to the right. There anyway pretty much as bussy as it gets, with raid warnings, special raid warning, and powauras proc.

    Heres a no combat pic, but omen test on.

    omennocombat..jpg

    Sorry the quality of the pics couldent be better. Hope you like.
    Last edited by Stargate; 04-21-2010 at 03:03 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts