+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate The UI Above

9/10 - Shows you everything you need to see without becoming too cluttered, but the scaling of recount and the real-time graph is a little excessive in my opinion.

My current UI that is still a work in progress since I got a new 23" monitor. Not shown is Omen (its a MC fun run after all), NeedToKnow to track lacerate stacks and other debuffs, and TidyUnitPlates.

Edit: Completed the last few tuneups to my UI:

Last edited by auntjemyma; 01-08-2010 at 05:34 PM.

8/10. I like UI's that dosn't take up much screen space.
    Here is mine.

7/10- looks useful and i may seem nit-picky but none of your bars, borders or fonts match each other

heavily based on the pre 3.3 Levee UI.

Doc

8/10 nice ui although it looks a little crammed together at the bottom

ok... here is mine finished (for now) finally sorted out raid frames yay (btw i dont like that little bag section but i felt a need to put something ther lol maybe not finished then...)

8/10

It looks great Bambii. But i don't really like how the bottom is, Ever thought about using some viewport art? still its looking good nice UI

My UI since the last one got bad feedback i re-done it hope people like it more this time

@Doc309 - Very nice UI! 10/10 from me. Functional, Minimalistic and clean. Can we get an upload? That'd be awesome!

hey Rez... unfortunately this is not a 10, but I will explain why so maybe will help you out.
    1. I see you are a tank... so, how can you seewho has agro on your grid, when is covered by text. You really need to know when you got mana from plea? -1 for this
    2. Is really nice to see a paladin with decursive. I personally just use grid frames/or party frames when in 5 mans but... try not to cover it with text. And you dont need the priority window on. -0.5 for this because I appreciate a tank that does dispelling since I do the same

Rest is down to personal preference but it looks clean. I believe a bit more management for the center space will help you even improve your game play.

Final is 8.5/10. I didn't took in consideration any graphical things, only the utility.

Here is mine... prot paly as well. Grid will be positioned in a raid in the middle, like in second picture.

I would give it a 4/10
    I personally require more of my spells to be handy, even if my heals are linked to mouse button clicks, or shourtcut keys.
    Also the resolution it fairly low. i am used to 1900x1080.
    Its Fairly simple but even with the limited space most of it is waisted on chat boxes and combat logs.

Well here is mine

Quote Originally Posted by Bati View Post
    hey Rez... unfortunately this is not a 10, but I will explain why so maybe will help you out.
    1. I see you are a tank... so, how can you seewho has agro on your grid, when is covered by text. You really need to know when you got mana from plea? -1 for this
    2. Is really nice to see a paladin with decursive. I personally just use grid frames/or party frames when in 5 mans but... try not to cover it with text. And you dont need the priority window on. -0.5 for this because I appreciate a tank that does dispelling since I do the same

Rest is down to personal preference but it looks clean. I believe a bit more management for the center space will help you even improve your game play.

Final is 8.5/10. I didn't took in consideration any graphical things, only the utility.

Here is mine... prot paly as well. Grid will be positioned in a raid in the middle, like in second picture.
    I noticed the same thing last night when i was doing the weekly raid, So i removed divine plea from the MSBT list and i messed with grid a little im going to figure out a way of putting an aggro icon in the raid members frame so when they have aggro it shows up, I have to do weird things like this because i have totally messed up eyesight im almost blind lol, I'll repost/Edit it when im done with it but thanks for the feedback it really helped, Also im cleaning up IceHUD and making MSBT scrolls tighter together and faster

Quote Originally Posted by Fastine View Post
    @Doc309 - Very nice UI! 10/10 from me. Functional, Minimalistic and clean. Can we get an upload? That'd be awesome!
    I don't have the time to pull it in to a "release" quality piece. but i'll give you a head start. here's a link to archived Levee UI's on WOWI. the 3.75 gets you 90% there ... i just personalized some add on selections, and couple of other small details.
    it's pre 3.3, so DL, update every addon you can, the follow the instructions on using the reflex switch.

have fun

Doc

8/10
    I like how open it is, you can see a lot more of whats going on. It is clean too. I don't like how you don't have some bars showing, least your main abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasphunk View Post
    8/10
    I like how open it is, you can see a lot more of whats going on. It is clean too. I don't like how you don't have some bars showing, least your main abilities.
    I like the general layout, but I feel having raid frames just takes up more space. Unless you're a raid leader, why do you need to know about the raid? Assuming you don't pug a whole lot, you do your job and the dps/healers do theirs ( most of the time).

Chat frame seems a bit big and just kinda...there. Kinda looks like it could be framed by something, but I dunno.

7/10.

current UI:
    TukUI and all its parts.
    Recount
    Omen
    AtlastLoot
    VuhDo
    FreeHat
    Auctioneer
    DBM
    Rating Buster
    Tankpoints
    PallyPower

@ Ulosthegame
    Nice 8

9/10

My UI original is SpartanUI but I have custumized for my taste:

Addon List on request

Last edited by Attilax; 01-09-2010 at 08:53 AM.

I was never a fan of spartanui, but it gets the job done.
    8/10

I still have minor tweaking to be done. Mainly with Power Auras which is not shown here.

Nice UI, 9/10.

Here we go again:

Addons: Screenshot
    (Wiseeclipse no longer exists)

8/10 Nice UI, if I can make a suggestion I would put Recount and the map on bottom of the screen, but that's just how I like it
    [Yes, we were wiping at Saurfang here ]

I'd say 8/10 I like what you've done with Recount, Omen and Grid, but SBF I'm not sure about. I'm not sure where buffs start and debuffs end. I posted mine, but never in here. I think it's not bad for a 15" with 1024x760. For the limitations, I think I cleaned it up okay.

"Peace? I hate the word. As I hate hell, all Allies, and thee." - Bastardized from Shakespeare

<Savage Blood (Horde)> Burning Blade-us. Come join the Frat House

I can't give you more than a 6/10 for that sorry. Viewports are bad things on small monitors, and there is way too much going on all over your screen for my tastes.
    A lot of this information is either spurious, or duplicated.

http://i47.tinypic.com/1zwdkef.jpg (photoshopped -still working on a few parts)

Unit frames are Shadowed Unit frames. Player / Health bars left and right, then below left is focus and focus target (hidden atm)
    Grid on the left to provide party / raid status. (hidden - trust me though they are sexy!)
    Statusbars2 providing the big Combo Point/Energy bar.
    Bartender4 for buttons, and hiding a bag and micro-menu buttons when in combat,
    Skins on Recount/Omen make them transparent (A basic option available with Skinner - all other parts of the mod are disabled).
    Sexymap makes the map sexy, and hides the buttons until mousing over it.
    Prat for chat frames, allows stripping down of a lot of the window again.
    Buffs and de-buffs are handelled by Satrina Buff frames. I'm used to having them around the map there.
    The bars you see with SnD etc on are part of NeedToKnow.
    2 addons installed but not currently visible are TellMeWhen which will pop up big "use skill NAO" buttons in my field of view when Specific cooldowns are available (ToTT, AR, KS, BF, Vanish, Cold-Blood) and AZ Cast Bar Configured to give sexy, skinned, cast bars with each unit frame.
    Last edited by Iteken; 01-15-2010 at 02:02 AM. Reason: re-built ui again

@Iteken: 7/10. 8/10 if you've got Omen or some other threat indicator hiding in there (or do you just ToT the whole fight ). 9/10 if you've got that and the raid frames are as smexy as you claim. Very clean and relatively minimal, centered, nice work w/ skinning everything.

My DK tank UI. A few notes:

1. Want crucial info centered and as close together as possible - my hp, boss cast bar, my buffs and debuffs, boss buffs and debuffs, my ability and rune cd's.

2. Sides as clear as possible to enable max peripheral vision on widescreen monitor. Depends on constant camera control & panning.

3. Raid leader, need grid (in this case Pitbull raid frames) front and center.

4. The visible action bar is configured to mirror the Nostromo N52/te layout. Looks small, but there are 12 buttons all macro'd to 4 levels (nomod, shift, alt, ctrl), for a total of 48 combat abilities available at my fingertips w/ no clicking required. Other action bars are visible on mouseover in the lower left and right, and hold non-combat abilities (gear sets, fish feasts, flasks, non-combat macros, hearthstone, etc.)

5. I use Focus extensively, so it is a prominent unit frame. Also like seeing Focus Target, Target of Target, and ToToT.

10 man raid. OT set to focus so I can keep an eye his dmg/healing taken.

10 man raid (annotated):

25 man raid. OT'ing Ony, MT set to focus so I can quickly see if he goes down no matter where I am and react accordingly.

5 man party. Raid frames replaced w/ party unit/pet frames.

Addon List:
    Last edited by Kurtosis; 01-23-2010 at 12:51 AM.

Would give that a 7 only because when in a raid or party your addons start to build up in the middle and look like they could get in the way soon and you have all that space on the sides. Heres all my UI pics and like I said in the other thread to show them off message me with any questions or comments on how to improove it or if just if you like it. May put a link up to DL it soon.

Solo OOC

Solo in Combat

In a dungeon

In a raid (im OT)

Raid with notes

Only starts to get messy in raids when Parrot starts showing alot of messages

+ Reply to Thread