+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate The UI Above

@acapulco... Nice UI overall, i would give it 8/10 as im not a huge fan of the font or spell timer.

My newish UI; (havent got any raid/grp shots yet as only rly just put it together... any feedback is welcome )

@mojojojo101, Not my cup of tea, 4/10 imo...lol. I know most people just aim for form and function over looks, but why cant you marry the two! >.<

My UI to date, not exactly a good screenshot, the missing emenents being Omen, Recount, my raid addons really. Top hotbar is acctully Autobar with extendble thingamajigs to easily sort my usualy raid consumables. And the 50% trans. Unbreakable armor icon in the middle of the screen is Power Auras. I have all my offensiive procs and defensive cooldowns power aura'd onto my screen in the form of rows of icons and timers.

Past that, wusiwug, just a modifyed version of the Roth UI ive been working on, to more closely match how Diablo 3's UI looks current day. http://www.diablofans.com/images/apr...logue-tree.jpg for those that are unfirmilier. *Yes its hte april fools screenshot, but the UI itself is the highest resolution official D3 UI screenshot ever released.*
    Last edited by Kueson; 12-25-2009 at 11:37 PM.

8/10 just for how clean and neat it is. I don't know about the functionality though, so I can't give it a 10/10.

My UI:

Very simple and clean (for me). Any suggestions for it?
    Last edited by Gape; 12-26-2009 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gape View Post
    8/10 just for how clean and neat it is. I don't know about the functionality though, so I can't give it a 10/10.

Very simple and clean (for me). Any suggestions for it?
    Not good at giving suggestions :P So sorry. 8/10 It seems nice and clean but the style doesn't work for me. Can't see myself playing with it. Heres mine. I'm trying to find an addon that puts kind of a back draft on my chat frames. Would skinner be able to do this?

6/10 a little messy for my likeing hehe

my ui

Quote Originally Posted by Bambii View Post
    6/10 a little messy for my likeing hehe

my ui
    little scattered for my likes. and I REALLY can't stand Xperl. 6/10.

Current UI- on a different computer so I'm missing some Omen/ recount skins and the resolution is kinda low.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciruss View Post
    I'm trying to find an addon that puts kind of a back draft on my chat frames. Would skinner be able to do this?
    You can make the background of chat default darker or clearer. Right click a chat tab and select background and toy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwraith View Post
    You can make the background of chat default darker or clearer. Right click a chat tab and select background and toy with it.
    O.o really? Was trying to find it in the chat options.. Thanks

Ulosthegame,

A very nice UI, though I'm a bit put off by the seemingly random splattering of combat text. I personally run incoming damage / heals on the left side of my screen and outgoing damage on the right, both in slow-scrolling vertical lines with text as small as visibly possible. I find that it works best for me but if what you have works better for you, more power to ya.

I'd suggest a minimap addon like sexymap to hide those ugly buttons. And to clean things up a bit, I recommend hiding the names / guilds floating above people's heads. Just makes it a bit easier to see.

The only other problem I can find is the recount / omen skins not matching everything else, but you've said that they normally do so I have nothing to hold against you there.

I love your unit / raid frames, they're very clean, very sleek. I prefer a 3D portrait, but that's a completely unnecessary vanity that I've simply grown addicted to!

Overall I'll give it 8/10, a very nice UI with no outstanding issues.

As for my latest concoction:

I've recently picked things up on my hunter (Who, it turns out, shares a name with an NPC at the Argent Tournament. Eh) and build a new UI for him that I love so much that I've begun using it on my paladin and warrior as well, with some light modifications.

This UI represents a departure from my norm: this time I've shied away from big black bars, viewports, and plain textures and fonts. Every bar uses the "healbot" texture to give it some pop, and for a minimalistic look I've removed my name, level, health, and mana texts from my own frame. All of the frames except the focus frame (which is the smallest) are mostly 3D portrait, something that I feel makes the UI look alive. I've ensured that having so much space taken up by portrait doesn't take away from bar visibility.

The fonts, too, have been normalized. All of the fonts are M+ 1c bold, my personal favorite from the Fontifier package.

On the left of the minimap, in descending order, are the frames for my hunter, my focus, and my pet. On the right, my target, my focus' target, and my pet's target (Not visible in the screenshot). On top, my target's target.

The cast bar on top is my target's, the cast bar on the bottom is mine. On the bottom of my cast bar is my autoshot timer.

Also (and this is important) while in combat, Recount is invisible, and in the same spot, Omen appears until I leave combat, at which point Omen hides itself and Recount reappears.

I had some trouble finding a spot for pet happiness and my pet's action bar, but found a suitable location and feel no regret over my placement.

The skin that I've chosen for my actionbars spaces the buttons out, decluttering them and making it look much better.

Grid would be directly over my chat log.
    Last edited by Taen; 12-28-2009 at 04:07 PM.

Good nice Clean UI good for lvling.

9/10

My UI:

I replaced Recount and Omen with Skada.
    Bars: Bartender 4 + Omni.
    Bars that not visible when in combat are my mount and gear bars.
    Normaly I have Zhunter mod on the bottom left above the chat frame. (not updated yet)
    Pitbull 3 Unit frames. Also for Raid frames.
    Power Aura to see cooldowns and buffs. (have the pack for MM hunter)

By BSA101

@BSA - 6.5/10 - Your UI isn't exactly to my liking, but if it works for you, more power to you, man.

What I did like -

I like what you've done with your MSBT. I've done the same sort of thing with mine. Overall, very cool. I also like how you've used to same font through several places in your interface (Pitbull, Power Auras, Chat Frames, etc.)

What I didn't like -

Your Pitbull frames at first glance almost looked like they were overlapping. They're all mushed up in the corner it seems. Give them some breathing room! :P If you look near the top, you'll see your Utopia, error text and MSBT are all overlapping. Buff frame near the top right is messy, and just seems to be out of place. And do you really need a rep bar in the middle of your screen?

Improvements -

Some people like viewports, I can't stand them myself. I would atleast try to cut your viewport down a bit. Having the big black box right on the bottom of your screen looks ugly. Imo, put your utopia above your bottom viewport. Maybe on the right side, it'd balance out with the bar you've got on the left side of the screen. Get a buff frames addon, something like Satrinas' Buff Frames would be good. Get rid of the rep bar too, it really isn't needed imo.

My UI - Main visable addons are: stuf unit frames, kgpanels, chatter, sldt, recount, grid, msbt, satrinas' buff frames, bartender4, button facade, pally power, clcret

Crisp and clean to me. 9/10. Don't see much wrong with it, and all your windows seem to take up minimal amount of room. Would also help a little to see what combat is like. Other than that very clean. Do you need Notifications? I tend to see it as a nuisance since DBM pops a lot of warnings and messages in that area.

Here is my own UI. Things I am trying to look into doing.

- Moving the Battle text to the upper left hand corner.
    - Might make the DBM bars smaller in height.
    - Class timer addon or adjust ForteXorist so that it shows only the buffs that I want. I have tried ClassTimers, I do not like it. Currently use to Elkano Buff Bars, so might switch back to adding more groups for buffs/debuffs. Suggestions and advice welcomed. Questions appreciated.

Do you have any issue with tracking debuffs on you when they're on the top right hand corner of your screen? 8/10 overall I guess? (no idea on numerical figures)

Here's my UI, still a WiP.

Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    Ulosthegame,

A very nice UI, though I'm a bit put off by the seemingly random splattering of combat text. I personally run incoming damage / heals on the left side of my screen and outgoing damage on the right, both in slow-scrolling vertical lines with text as small as visibly possible. I find that it works best for me but if what you have works better for you, more power to ya.
    It's default blizzard combat text with a different font :P

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    Do you have any issue with tracking debuffs on you when they're on the top right hand corner of your screen? 8/10 overall I guess? (no idea on numerical figures)
    Not particularly. I'm still messing around with it, but I mostly want the debuffs separate so it would be easier to track. Same as I have specific Buffs appear in a different group all together so I can remove them if needed.

Just a reminder: Read the original post. Everyday I check this thread and prune out any reply that didn't rate the above UI. I will quote the OP just to make it clear:

This is a thread where you can post your UI and get feedback on it.

- Rate on a scale of 10. After you rate, offer some suggestions that you feel will improve the UI.
    - If someone rates a UI but doesn't post their UI, rate the same UI they rated.
    - If you post your UI without rating the one above I will delete your post.
    - If you can't provide a mod list or an upload (if requested), please keep your UI to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post

8/10

It is fancy. The arc of information around your character seems like it would work. There is some empty space in the dark viewport blocked area, but maybe you like it that way. I don't really like the buttons appearing on the side of the chatbox, but that is just personal preference.

This is just something that I was messing with when leveling my Warrior. I need to get rid of the ability is not ready yet spam and some other things.

@Nimoi: 8/10. The one big improvement I'd make is changing how your buff frames show. You've got them covering a lot of screen space. A lot fo that's personal preference though; I'm a minimalist.

And for someone's perusal or abusal, here's my newest one:

Bratender
    Grid
    Targetcharms
    Prat
    Fubar
    Skada
    Chinchilla
    Autobar
    Satrina's Buff Frames
    IceHUD
    MSBT

EDIT: Photobucket is being moronic...it doesn't like the resolution the picture was saved at and keeps resizing it. Sorry it's so small.
    Last edited by Eisen; 01-01-2010 at 10:09 AM.

8/10 nice and neat i like

my newest ui still fiddleing with party frames not decided yet

9/10 - definitely very neat and tidy but the party frames don't seem to fit thematically. Otherwise looks to be great although there doesn't appear to be Omen/a threat meter which would worry me as a raid leader :P

my latest, which needs a little tidying up with things like the DBM timers etc but should give a good impression of where I'm looking to take it when it's done. Also the buff frame from IceHUD has been removed (the thing you see to the left of my name in the centre). Right-mounted dashboard inspired by arcade classic Gauntlet IV

+ Reply to Thread