+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 835

Thread: Rate The UI Above

  1. #581
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    7
    For BDF Animosity - 8.5. It is nice and clean. But me personally hate Blizzard standard unit frames.

    Here is mine


  2. #582
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4
    very nice Gaap, itd drive me crazy if everything was off center like yours is atm, nice and clean though

  3. #583
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaap View Post
    For BDF Animosity - 8.5. It is nice and clean. But me personally hate Blizzard standard unit frames.

    Here is mine
    7/10 I'm a harsh mistress, though.

    Do you really need your food/flask buff that big and central to your screen? Chill and Wrynn/Hellscream are unnecessary clutter as well. All this considering you have them displayed in your buff/debuff on the top right already.

    Looks like you could do some .lua editing to minimize the size/existence of buffs on friendly targets and such.

    You aren't in combat but judging by your scrolling text displaying auras I'm guessing you didn't change it to not show incoming heals? Does your screen spam with +450 Healing Stream, +232 VT, stuff like that?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDF Animositư View Post
    8/10
    I like how clean and sleak it is. But im more of a universal guy. I like a lot of my spells to be available.
    Attachment 2317

    ^^Click to enlarge^^
    5/10

    Unnecessary to display menu buttons and bags considering they all have applicable keybinds (or multiples). Default UFs make it inefficient to watch rune cooldowns for a DK. You could change your TipTac settings to make your tooltip much more clean and efficient. You can either bind and hide the bars for your professions or just click them out of the spellbook when you need them. I highly doubt you find yourself needing to open your cooking mid-fight.

    Omen can be reskinned from the hideous default and hidden while not in combat.

    Bind your cooldowns. Bind everything.
    Last edited by Prexie; 10-08-2010 at 11:43 AM.

  4. #584
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaap View Post
    Here is mine

    9/10. I don't like the Well Fed/Flask/Chill of the Throne bars in the middle of your screen, I'd personally make a Power Aura to popup when you need to reapply a Flask, and Well Fed has become OCD to grab right when the feast is dropped.

    Last edited by Comb; 10-09-2010 at 07:19 AM.

  5. #585
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    7
    Prexie and Comb - The bars you see in the middle that show my Food buff etc. is ACB targetAURAs. Since I targeted myself you see the auras I currently have. I use this for my dot timer. Since i hate DOT TIMER i use ACB. I have also moved them a little more to the bottom left of my screen.

    Prexie no MSBT does not scroll all that healing and damage on my screen. I think that is useless information.

  6. #586
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaap View Post
    Prexie and Comb - The bars you see in the middle that show my Food buff etc. is ACB targetAURAs. Since I targeted myself you see the auras I currently have. I use this for my dot timer. Since i hate DOT TIMER i use ACB. I have also moved them a little more to the bottom left of my screen.

    Prexie no MSBT does not scroll all that healing and damage on my screen. I think that is useless information.
    Good deal. Thanks for the clarification.

  7. #587
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    33
    7/10 - lots of free real estate for seeing the action is good and you seem to have all the info/buttons you would need. The gradient graphics however seem a little untidy to me but that's generally a personal preference thing.

    Here is mine. it shows most of the elements of my UI except ones used by other classes. Yes i know my buff skins are broken, it's why i'm not using SBF instead of Bison.

    My UI


    some random screenies i found:

    My alternative method of taking down the Lich King

    Bully Beef gave up looking for Chips

  8. #588
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia, Victoria.
    Posts
    52
    Hey Grousey, 5/10 I think your focus section of the screen is packed with too much. Perhaps move your action bars down the bottom and omen to the side some more, it will make seeing what goes on in the raid a lot easier .
    Here is my UI:


  9. #589
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    33
    oooooh yeh, forgot to mention i'm currently stuck with 1360x768 on my lcd tv while my real monitor is broken.. normally have more vertical space and i like having things central so that i can see it all along with the action.

  10. #590
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4
    Riverune you really need to center your action bars and unit frames. Perhapes try recount over ur chat frame?

  11. #591
    Toushiro's Avatar
    Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,125


    Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

  12. #592
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,548
    Toush, solid looking UI as usual (but it's hard to see what it will look like in combat). Personally, I'd see if I could make the bar on the right that doesn't seem to have any combat functionality visible on mouse over. Just personal preference. 9/10 because I can't see anything.


    This is a little project I just started on yesterday. It's not even close to finished, but I could use some feedback and perhaps harsh criticism to consider while I touch it up. Thanks in advance. The center box under the action bar is my chat frame, and a loot frame next to it on the right. The left frame handles whispers, and sometimes I move it around.


    Fire Mage UI.

  13. #593
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia, Victoria.
    Posts
    52
    Thanks for feedback Tridon, but what exactly do you mean by centring my UFs and action bars?

  14. #594
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Petninja View Post
    Toush, solid looking UI as usual (but it's hard to see what it will look like in combat). Personally, I'd see if I could make the bar on the right that doesn't seem to have any combat functionality visible on mouse over. Just personal preference. 9/10 because I can't see anything.


    This is a little project I just started on yesterday. It's not even close to finished, but I could use some feedback and perhaps harsh criticism to consider while I touch it up. Thanks in advance. The center box under the action bar is my chat frame, and a loot frame next to it on the right. The left frame handles whispers, and sometimes I move it around.


    Fire Mage UI.
    Are you lefthanded? :P

    8/10

    The thing I like the most about your UI is the nice graphics. Its something I think I'm lacking myself. What I dislike are where you're raid icons are. And whyyyyyyyy the menu buttons you can turn them off XD

    Screenshots can't really fully tell how someone's UI is so I'm posting my videos

    Just 5-mans though. Couldn't get a raid in time :P


    Tanking in this video. (Main Spec)



    Healing in these video's

  15. #595
    Toushiro's Avatar
    Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,125
    Jeffro, 3/5 imo should be more centered with everything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Petninja View Post
    Toush, solid looking UI as usual (but it's hard to see what it will look like in combat). Personally, I'd see if I could make the bar on the right that doesn't seem to have any combat functionality visible on mouse over. Just personal preference. 9/10 because I can't see anything.


    This is a little project I just started on yesterday. It's not even close to finished, but I could use some feedback and perhaps harsh criticism to consider while I touch it up. Thanks in advance. The center box under the action bar is my chat frame, and a loot frame next to it on the right. The left frame handles whispers, and sometimes I move it around.
    combat screen just for you also, Tukz removed the mouseover stuff with Tukui v12



    Click for bigger picture
    Last edited by Toushiro; 10-25-2010 at 01:23 PM.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

  16. #596
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro View Post

    The thing I like the most about your UI is the nice graphics. Its something I think I'm lacking myself. What I dislike are where you're raid icons are. And whyyyyyyyy the menu buttons you can turn them off XD
    actually, those icons disappear when i'm not targeting and they're just there as reference. i use the number pad to mark raid icons. i'm learning it though so i need the training wheels on the screen still so i don't make so many mistakes with the marking. i figure 2 weeks into cata i'll be able to take them down. Also, I rather like the menu bars. How else could I see my FPS and latency without another addon watching it?

  17. #597
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Toushiro View Post
    Jeffro, 3/5 imo should be more centered with everything.



    combat screen just for you also, Tukz removed the mouseover stuff with Tukui v12



    Click for bigger picture
    I have 1 big problem with centering. And that is if I do that I will run into problems with my gridsize in 25man raids/40man bg's. So thats really why it isn't centered atm and I probably won't like putting grid above my chatframe or skada because I regarly watch my grid for aggro and when I heal for ealth obviously xD

    Any more suggestions? I'm also trying to keep my layout universal for my characters ^^

  18. #598
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    43
    Too bad I can't edit my post but I wanted to post my edited UI here as well
    Tell me how'd you guys like it. Made some extra changes on the road such as SCT and seeing if my Holy Shield is up easily.





    It's also centered now :P

  19. #599
    Toushiro's Avatar
    Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,125
    try and move combat text to not float over your character.

    edit: changed around a bit of my LUA coding, hide some stuff, etc. the splitbar in the picture are hidden when not mouse overed (the 2 3x6 bars)



    Click for bigger picture


    Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

  20. #600
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Toushiro View Post
    try and move combat text to not float over your character.

    edit: changed around a bit of my LUA coding, hide some stuff, etc. the splitbar in the picture are hidden when not mouse overed (the 2 3x6 bars)



    Click for bigger picture
    Yeah, I'm not sure what the best position would be for those. Probably turning them off except for SCT Messages so that I can see Certain procs. Actually don't need to know if I'm healen because I can see that in plenty of places :P But I do think my UI is better overall now. I should probably also get some sleep now

    Edit: Oh, now edit works. I was also wondering what boss mod you use and what your setup is for that. I use DXE myself but I'm always a little confused at what anchor should go where. (To make it work nicely )

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts