+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate The UI Above

Yeah, i'm kind of picky about my fonts in certain positions/addons... So they're not all uniformed. Also, I don't lock my Omen/Recount because I move them to different positions for different characters, and it they seem to have a more global positioning than per character profile type positioning, maybe I missed something though. Also, the Random Horn of Winter buff is actually my NeedToKnow bars which I use for my DPS spec and mostly to monitor my diseases... And my company has driven redundancy in me, so I have them two places, lol! Stupid work...

As far as minimap buttons, I totally agree, but for some reason I can't seem to get rid of the damn things for most of my addons... Although i'll be honest, I haven't looked very hard. I also use IceHud for ... Actually, I don't know why I use IceHud, I never look at the damn thing, lol... Thank you for pointing that out and for all of your other comments, they should help me clean up the UI a good bit... Also, I opened my bag just to show all available options, kind of like why I used test bars for DBM while standing in Dalaran. =D

As for yours, I really like it. I'll give it an 8/10. I don't like how your buttons are spread out, it's inefficient, you could fit more buttons in there if you took away some of the space (I have mine at 0 padding/0 spacing for that reason, and I know you said it looks cramped, but I don't click so cramping is ok! ). Also, I don't like the visual debuffs so much, I prefer EBB. I also don't like the "pictures" in the unit frames, although from what I know they are low resource anyhow.

Your Healbot (or is that VuhDo?) looks nice and, although I generally don't like the "layout bar" type things that people put their Omen/Recount/Minimap in, yours is really clean and looks nice.

Quote Originally Posted by JokerFMJ View Post
    Yeah, i'm kind of picky about my fonts in certain positions/addons... So they're not all uniformed. Also, I don't lock my Omen/Recount because I move them to different positions for different characters, and it they seem to have a more global positioning than per character profile type positioning, maybe I missed something though. Also, the Random Horn of Winter buff is actually my NeedToKnow bars which I use for my DPS spec and mostly to monitor my diseases... And my company has driven redundancy in me, so I have them two places, lol! Stupid work...

As far as minimap buttons, I totally agree, but for some reason I can't seem to get rid of the damn things for most of my addons... Although i'll be honest, I haven't looked very hard. I also use IceHud for ... Actually, I don't know why I use IceHud, I never look at the damn thing, lol... Thank you for pointing that out and for all of your other comments, they should help me clean up the UI a good bit... Also, I opened my bag just to show all available options, kind of like why I used test bars for DBM while standing in Dalaran. =D

As for yours, I really like it. I'll give it an 8/10. I don't like how your buttons are spread out, it's inefficient, you could fit more buttons in there if you took away some of the space (I have mine at 0 padding/0 spacing for that reason, and I know you said it looks cramped, but I don't click so cramping is ok! ). Also, I don't like the visual debuffs so much, I prefer EBB. I also don't like the "pictures" in the unit frames, although from what I know they are low resource anyhow.

Your Healbot (or is that VuhDo?) looks nice and, although I generally don't like the "layout bar" type things that people put their Omen/Recount/Minimap in, yours is really clean and looks nice.
    Its actually not a layout bar, its just a KGpanel layed out for 2 addons (MiniMap Button Frame, and StatusWindow), the skills buttons aren't spaced out (0 padding, 0 space), they're skinned with Darion via Button Facade, If i were to remove the skin they would look just like yours, all bunched together, and why would i want more buttons, I have what i need and nothing extra, I have too many buttons as it is. Finally, my raid frame in the lower right is Grid.

Since there isn't one really above for me to rate, I'll just post mine.
    I try to go for as minimalist as possible, having the smallest amount of memory, and still have a good looking well organized UI.

Out of Combat

In Combat

Quote Originally Posted by Khilbron View Post
    Its actually not a layout bar, its just a KGpanel layed out for 2 addons (MiniMap Button Frame, and StatusWindow), the skills buttons aren't spaced out (0 padding, 0 space), they're skinned with Darion via Button Facade, If i were to remove the skin they would look just like yours, all bunched together, and why would i want more buttons, I have what i need and nothing extra, I have too many buttons as it is. Finally, my raid frame in the lower right is Grid.
    Your grid looks like my healbot! lol ... All that said, it's a very nice UI.

My ui

My healing UI for paladin pretty basic Bartender, Vuhdo, Tiptac, OmniCC, and some others i cant remember
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bobberkus View Post
    My healing UI for paladin pretty basic Bartender, Vuhdo, Tiptac, OmniCC, and some others i cant remember
    5/10. I see what you're going for, but it's cluttered and there's lots of stuff on top of other stuff.

Tank UI:

DPS UI:

EDIT: whoops, left my bags open from gear swap

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    and here I was thinking you where showing off that 65k gold >>

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

Papapaint - 6/10
    I generally like most of it but i personally dislike the bottom bar setout.
    Here is mine:

http://j.imagehost.org/view/0888/WoW..._071310_134323

My new Ui. Not 100% sure what I wanna put in that bottom right hand corner. The empty box is for party/raid so it extends out a bit when I get a 25 man group but I could still fit the map down there I guess..

Quote Originally Posted by Krossceeper View Post
    http://j.imagehost.org/view/0888/WoW..._071310_134323

My new Ui. Not 100% sure what I wanna put in that bottom right hand corner. The empty box is for party/raid so it extends out a bit when I get a 25 man group but I could still fit the map down there I guess..
    Is it so hard to read the rules outlined in the first post of this thread? Constantly I see people not abiding by the rules of the thread laid out by Bloodwraith.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwraith View Post
    This is a thread where you can post your UI and get feedback on it.

- Rate on a scale of 10. After you rate, offer some suggestions that you feel will improve the UI.
    - If someone rates a UI but doesn't post their UI, rate the same UI they rated.
    - If you post your UI without rating the one above I will delete your post.
    - If you can't provide a mod list or an upload (if requested), please keep your UI to yourself.

I'll rate since someone else didn't (coughcough)...

I'll give it a 6/10. It's fairly simple and decently clean. I like that Omen matches your panel behind your buttons, as does your Food/Potion/Hearth bar (which I think seems out of place). Your Recount looks severely out of place because it doesn't match the aforementioned.

Also (and coming from me this will sound weird), xRaidStatus seems overkill when you have grid. You can get all of that information from Grid or just being aware before a pull. Further, I prefer LuckyCharms over whatever marking addon that is on the right side.

Blizzard's Map is ugly as are the buttons that clutter it (as someone pointed out to me). Also, there isn't much reason to show your Bag frame, you could move your recount down or move your marking addon down underneath your recount if you got rid of that.

7/10 - I like the minimalist approach. I would agree that the mini map would go nicely in the bottom right corner, however, it would take a while for me to get used to looking there for information like date/time/zone/coordinates. I like that your v-bars are not terribly invasive. It looks like they fade when out of range (is that correct?) Overall, very nice for a high resolution screen like yours.

Here's my new UI design. I am working with a mid-to-low resolution 15" laptop monitor. Real estate is very hard to come by on my screen and add-on memory is obviously a consideration as well:

tynklenewui.jpg

Thanks for the help hehe
    Tynkle - 6.5 /10
    To me, it is slightly confusing, but probably because i don't use that scrolling text. the lower part of the screen looks a little messy aswell...but apart from that it doesnt flood the centre of the screen apart from the wow "not enough energy" msgs (maybe try pError to get rid of that) .

I changed my ui slightly around form advice given, i think this is better:

4/10, the bottom stuff takes up too much real estate. The player/target bars are unreasonably big, and the space between the player/target/target of target bars and the hotkeys is wasted too. The hotkeys are pretty big in size.

Bags/menu buttons are also too big, gearscore mod is gross.

I think you should be able to cut down on the size significantly.

Con Brio is recruiting! Look within for details. www.conbrioguild.org
    Mage Guide Author
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...skies/advanced

well id disagree with you but ok..and gs is fine if you arent stupid about it .. not sure what you mean about the size in between target and hotkeys etc. not much else i can fit there.
    other note
    i can see from your ui we have ..very different tastes so - 4/10..to me it seems all over the place and messy, i dont like the black bar at the bottom either. far too much covering the focus of the screen :S

Blueskies gets 8/10 for me, i like a small UI

7/10, I like your approach to make things small but you waste so much space doing it. Also having different fonts all over the place gives me a headache :P Very nice on the top Databroker though. Looks clean I don't know if you customized grid yet? But it can look a lot better. The standard is just... bleh.

Here's my UI, I'm ready for feedback as I'm still trying to improve it.

Recount on the right changes into a threat meter when in combat And I use Tidy Plates: Threat plates as well but sometimes I accidently turn them off with Shift-V and then I can't get them back on except for relogging.
    Last edited by Jeffro; 07-14-2010 at 08:50 AM.

Any suggestions on how i can make it better?

Well, first of try to keep your fonts the same. I use Fontain for this, most addons come with different bar "styles" I myself use charcoal but you should find one that suits you and try to use it in every addon that provides bars. You are not a healer so your Grid doesn't need to be perfect but look at how I did them, that looks cleaner then little boxes right? Try to mess with the advanced settings, here's mine to show you how to get them a little better, after that you can just configure it to show other things. (You can for instance show misdirect duration on the one you use it on

Thats about the best advice I can give you. Also try to fill up the corner a little or if you really want stuff like that. Try to mess with opacity settings

I agree with the font/themes should be the same across the board.

Other than that, it's fairly clean, but I'm not too sure what the bars with the DBW buffs and Icy rage is for. What do they do exactly?
    Con Brio is recruiting! Look within for details. www.conbrioguild.org
    Mage Guide Author
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...skies/advanced

+ Reply to Thread