+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate The UI Above

Quote Originally Posted by Borsalino View Post
    Have to say I like the use of KGpanels in Khilbron's ui, everything looks like it 'belongs' there (are you using grid? i've seen a few raidframes with that look, tried revering the colours on grid but could never quite that 'look'-and whats your screen resolution?) 9/10

Here's mine again, i'd like a more detailed response than 'cluttered' if possible
    Shrank buffs slightly and moved dxe window down to chat box, don't have a decent screenshot to display it at the moment.
    Yes, that is Grid, I stretched it out a bit, and gave it a uniform color, using class colored names to identify classes.
    As for yours I gotta give it a 4/10. There is just way too much going on right on top of your character to get a good view of the battle.
    I would:
    1. Remove buffs from focus target, and shrink the frame size to the same size as your target target.
    2. Move the Proximity meter to against the left side of the screen
    3. move the CD trackers to the left a bit more, next to the repositioned proximity window
    4. Shrink Recount and Omen, or, make Omen hide when not in combat, and make Recount hide while in combat, and stack them on top of each other
    5. drop your player, target, targettarget, and focus frames all down so they aren't covering your character
    6. I would also go into your chatter/prat settings and tell it to attach the edit box to the top of the chat frame so you can move the window to the bottom of the screen(if you have chatter, its located in Edit Box Polish)

Your ui has alot of stuff going on, which isn't bad, the bad part is, its all going on right ontop of your character where it is obstructing your view.

*edit* For note to people who hate SexyCoolDown, ForteXorcist, and the like. I have mine specifically set to track the ICD's of my proc's, so i Know when they will be coming back up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Khilbron View Post
    7/10,
    1. You really don't need your bag bar visible
    2. Grid seems out of place with the entire lower right section of your screen being unused
    3. You can move omen to the left of your action bar, and change the background to fit your action bars background, and you can move recount to the right side and do the same
    4. The background on your chat window doesn't match the rest of your theme
    Everything else seems to be setup pretty nicely

Here is mine, still tweaking it.
    Solo
    Attachment 1512
    5-man Party
    Attachment 1510
    10-man Raid
    Attachment 1511
    10-man Raid(Displaying AVR/AVRE on Heroic Sindragosa)
    Attachment 1513
    This is my favourite UI ive seen 10/10, not sure if i prefer yours or mine. Like aspecs of both so migh have to remake mine.
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ng25hckill.jpg
    Usually I dont have recount open so large but was keeping track of others.
    Last edited by Stargate; 05-03-2010 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khilbron View Post
    Yes, that is Grid, I stretched it out a bit, and gave it a uniform color, using class colored names to identify classes.
    As for yours I gotta give it a 4/10. There is just way too much going on right on top of your character to get a good view of the battle.
    I would:
    1. Remove buffs from focus target, and shrink the frame size to the same size as your target target.
    2. Move the Proximity meter to against the left side of the screen
    3. move the CD trackers to the left a bit more, next to the repositioned proximity window
    4. Shrink Recount and Omen, or, make Omen hide when not in combat, and make Recount hide while in combat, and stack them on top of each other
    5. drop your player, target, targettarget, and focus frames all down so they aren't covering your character
    6. I would also go into your chatter/prat settings and tell it to attach the edit box to the top of the chat frame so you can move the window to the bottom of the screen(if you have chatter, its located in Edit Box Polish)

Your ui has alot of stuff going on, which isn't bad, the bad part is, its all going on right ontop of your character where it is obstructing your view.

*edit* For note to people who hate SexyCoolDown, ForteXorcist, and the like. I have mine specifically set to track the ICD's of my proc's, so i Know when they will be coming back up again.
    For the first suggestion I assume you want to make it more symmetrical with my target and targets' target frame, sounds good
    How about I move grid to the top left corner of the screen that's pretty much just empty space right now, then put omen or recount in the spot where grid is currently?
    I'm gonna scrap sexycooldown and add more need to know since all i'm really using it for is internal cooldown tracking.
    The only thing really going on right 'atop' my character is power auras/my health/powerframe and droodfocus though-but thanks, you've given me a lot of ideas

Lyco - 9/10 - sweet and simple with all needed information.

This is what I pretty much run with for PVE tank healing.

This was from a pug and not a guild run, in which case I would normally align the macro key for LoH and such next to the tanks name. But you get the idea.

ZeverenceUI-01-22&#45.jpg
    Last edited by Zeverence; 05-04-2010 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive View Post
    Just for fun

Attachment 1551
    wonder what those kill/live buttons do

Quote Originally Posted by Aggronaught View Post
    wonder what those kill/live buttons do
    not sure but... whenever i press kill i kinda swing the axe or something.. and when i press the live button i get some sort off HP.. not sure what it do... but i press em all the time..

tried to make a Ui which blends well together.

Thunderbluff..jpg
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Stargate; 05-07-2010 at 10:19 AM.

^ 8/10 only because i simply like more arty graphical UIs

im thinking about taking out MSCT but for now this is what i have

You have to raid frames by the way.... ^^ Seems a bit bottom heavy for my taste, but other wise 9/10.

Clean and nice, 9/10. I just don't like Buffs and Debuffs cluttered on the top right, but that's my personal preference
    Edit: Apparently I suck at posting, how do you make images that big? Anyway just click on the one below
    14bix6c..jpg

Anaire: What unit frames are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsaii View Post
    Anaire: What unit frames are you using?
    he is using a minimalistic compilation called TukUI

@Anaire
    I like how everything perfectly fits, what do you use for the Gray background and white lines connecting everything.

Solo

Last edited by Daereg; 05-15-2010 at 09:49 AM.
    The Ashbringer...

Quote Originally Posted by Ulosthegame View Post
    Your UI seems to be an unmodified version of LUI. While I give 10/10 to LUI, I don't really feel like you deserve credit for that UI unless you are the author?

Quote Originally Posted by Daereg View Post
    I like how everything perfectly fits, what do you use for the Gray background and white lines connecting everything.
    Again it is a premade UI called TukUI (http://www.tukui.org/)

As for your UI, I personally think all the text is too prominent and distracting. Your combat text seems to overlap with your DBM timers. It would probably feel a lot more 'relaxed' if the combat text and chat text was gone and you probably don't really look at it during combat the first place. In addition, while I like symmetry, I do feel that the information in the center of your screen should be the most important and I would remove the minimap from the center. You could fill that freed space with the threat monitor making the center of the screen less crowded. I give it a 6/10 because I think there's too much distraction from the important information you need during combat, but it could easily be higher if you change a few things around.

As for my UI:

SwWGg..jpg

7/10 for the above one too much spam from MSBT, btw I still dont get why ppl love this scrolling spam text so much -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Anaire View Post
    You have to raid frames by the way.... ^^ Seems a bit bottom heavy for my taste, but other wise 9/10.
    im using tuikui too, and had spent kinda a few hours trying to apply tuks textures and frames to skada and dxe and failed.
    could u tell me what did u do manage it happen?

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

I'd say 7.5 out of 10 for the above,

I like how it is minimalistic and been stripped down to the basics while still having enough there to do some sort of job.

Mine :WoWScrnShot_051310.jpg

Been a couple small tweaks since this screenshot but this is the most up to date one, for example i now have crit hits from melee and skills showing on the left and non crits on the right just to split it up a little bit! Also the number from under Ice HUd are now no longer there.

Enjoy

Addon list supplied if needed.

&#87;&#111;&#87;&#83;&#99;&#114;&#110;&#83;&#104;&#111;&#116;&#95;&#48;&#53;&#49;&#56;&#49;&#48;.jpg <<<<<< Updated version still getting tweaked after WTF Files vanished
    Last edited by Zzeeuuss; 05-17-2010 at 04:11 PM.

3/10

Everything just seems piled onto one and other. Everything seems too big. Large font + Large icons + Large Unit frames in the middle of your screen = no very small playing area. By condensing your action bars to only what is necessary for raiding, and by removing redundant information you could gain at least 25% more screen space. Why use ice-hud and also keep your Unit frame up? No need for both...

Here is mine, recently updated but with the same basic form I have been using for years. Still tweaking a bit.

Last edited by Reforminded; 05-17-2010 at 10:31 PM.

+ Reply to Thread