+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate The UI Above

@Krog - 5/10 Since it's a work in progress... you could really tighten up the big black bar at the bottom, where you seem to be placing everything. It looks like a game of tetris with boxes and shapes stacking up.

Like you said there's a lot of empty space up top that you could fill in while making the bottom less cluttered. Also the cartoony font isn't doing it for me.

Solo:

PvP (focus frame):

Raid (main tank and assist windows):

I wanted something clean, I like taking advantage of a widescreen.

Black looks so nice 10/10 Anik,
    Changed my own to suit black. Not done yet.
    The Ashbringer...

Very nice, original target/player frames. 7/10

You could make your bars smaller and get some more screen real-estate, otherwise its pretty good.

This is a recent shot of mine. Still working on aligning a few things better like my vigilance bar.

Haven't raided with the recent changes I made yet. But w/e might as well post it while I remember.

Last edited by Raij; 11-06-2009 at 04:57 PM.

@Anik, I really like your ui, probably the cleanest, most efficient ui I've seen in a while.

@Raij, I like yours too, I'd like to tweak the center text,

My ui is a blend, used for both healing and dps. Aside from Paladin BoL Tracker and DBM not shown, everything I use is shown. Any recommendations for improvement would be appreciated.

@Raij - decent UI but id suggest gettina combat text addon which will make sure u dont get spammed by the fugly blizzard SCT when u are aoeing.

@ Nafai 8/10 - i like it alot, id just change minor things like partial fadeouts on the bars you dont use all the time (ie the one with food on)

Here is my WIP UI;

Since this pic was taken i have moved the combat text around to give a little more space in the center for seeing Any comments are welcome

New Pic;
    Last edited by mojojojo101; 11-07-2009 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Updating

4/10----- change the texture on those bars its cool in all but i cant read a dang thing and the fonts are a little crazy too but its a good clean UI but those would drive me bonkers lol

^^^ IN wintergrasp as boomkin

^^^ just sittin in dalaran

Ya, I could have MSBT scroll my damage, but I just find it harder to read, not sure why . That's why I left it as the default Blizzard text for damage so far.

Made some slight changes! Here are some better pics, sorry, no raid pic at present . Tomorrow I will have one.

Bags:

Focus, Target of Target and Cast Bars:

In Combat:

Raij: 8.5/10

Imo, the buff/debuff/skill cooldown being too high would be messy for aoe tanking; other than that, it's cool and tidy, suit a tank^^.

Although im new at making UI but this is mine, taking on a crappy monitor though, should look better when i get a new 21" on Monday.

I made this UI specially for my tanking job, will give another shot at dps built later

**Omen on test mode, Recount inactive during combat, Satrina buff top right corner and on player's frame

Frame: Player - Target - TOT - Focus and pet bar in the left side of player frame.

SCT disable incoming and outcoming sections, instead i use Blizz's combat text (tick the combat test, untick everything else)
    Last edited by Zephurus; 11-08-2009 at 08:25 AM.

@Zep
    9/10 Very clean, seems functional. Seems like an awful lot of real estate spent on your buttons though. I don't know what you'd replace it with though, so it doesn't really matter.

This is my priests UI. It's not complete as of yet, but it's working very well thus far. My tradeskills, buffs, random out of combat things are all hidden but appear via ctrl+letter binds. When I release Ctrl+"x" the bars they are on go away. Opie is magic!

Dear god in heaven.... Why o why do you people do thos? Why you have like several different fonts, texture and rubbish covering your screen like that? Makes me sad IRL to see that people actually play like that, not so strange that people fail on things afterall I guess 2/10 And here goes my pics. In combat Idle

I don't understand why people use ForteXorcist if they are just going to put it over their action bars. The benefit you gain from having to not stare at your bars to monitor cooldowns is negated by putting the timer anywhere near them. :-/ .
    Bihn | <Summit>
    Seatbelts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bihn View Post
    I don't understand why people use ForteXorcist if they are just going to put it over their action bars. The benefit you gain from having to not stare at your bars to monitor cooldowns is negated by putting the timer anywhere near them. :-/ .
    because looking at the icon closest to the left is easier than looking at all of them.
    a glance vs staring...

+ icon flashes when its off CD.
    + forte bars make a quick check on what's about to run out...

Buttlern... As always, Im impressed by your interface ! 10/10

Here's my UI...

This version isn't quite done yet.

ADDONS:
    Stuf Unit Frames
    MSBT
    SLDT
    Bartender4
    ButtonFacade (NotCaith skin)
    ForteXorcist
    Classtimer
    Satrina Buff Frames
    OmniCC
    KgPanels
    caelNameplates

it's pretty clean, but you don't have enough information that would be useful and is sometimes REQUIRED by a raid group, omen, recount, etc... 4/5

MBST
    Titan Panel
    Bartender
    Carbonite
    Omen
    Recount
    Grid
    Xperl
    Deadly Boss Mods (i'll try to upload a picture with that actually in there sometime soon... plus i'm going to get sexymaps soon and make the default minimap more squarish...)
    Powa Auras (also can't see...)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc309 View Post
    because looking at the icon closest to the left is easier than looking at all of them.
    a glance vs staring...

+ icon flashes when its off CD.
    + forte bars make a quick check on what's about to run out...
    Which is why ForteXorcist is better suited to be used like a HUD.

If you have OmniCC or something similar (he does), you can glance at your bars to see the cooldown. With his configuration, OmniCC and Forte show the same information in different ways. If you take advantage of it, Forte has the potential to let you keep your eyes closer to your character.

It looks nice, but it's not really streamlined or functional.
    Bihn | <Summit>
    Seatbelts.

death golem. 7-10. Doesn't feel very symmetrical and that hurts my eyes. Outside of that, no complaints.

I have spent the last year and a half looking at threads like these, and never posting my ui. Always finding new ideas and looks to include in my UI. The look of my ui is similar to a few particular people, all of whom i cant remember. i do apologize.

Acheron
    Aloft
    Atlas
    Atlasloot
    Bartender
    BigBrother
    Carbonite
    CBH Viewport
    Digits
    eePanels
    eePanels2
    Elkano's BuffBars
    fubar3.6
    grid
    grid unit menu
    gridmanabars
    MailGet
    MoveAnything
    omen3
    omniCC
    OneBag
    oRA2
    outfitter
    pitbull 3.0
    prat3.0
    quartz
    recount
    sct
    sexymap
    spell alerter
    tankpoints -Ace2-
    TankWarnings
    TipTac
    DBM

lets see if i can get this to post
    Last edited by Lakotamani; 11-11-2009 at 10:38 AM.
    Zeppelin, Wow, and Whiskey... Can life get any better? I submit that it Can NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Death Golem View Post
    it's pretty clean, but you don't have enough information that would be useful and is sometimes REQUIRED by a raid group, omen, recount, etc... 4/5
    Bad choice in screenshot from my part, sorry. Omen was not required because I was solo.
    I'll get a better screen soon.

@acapulco
    Yeah, a raid UI is best for SS but based on what you posted, I think your UI is great! 9.879434634/10 :P Only thing that bugged me was how small your chat log is. How do you read that bad boy?? hehe

@death golem
    As lakotamani stated, it's very lopsided. Everything is on the right side and bottom. I definitely encourage you to get sexy map and remove blizzards huge minimap. I also suggest getting a viewport to let you see more as the bottom of your screen is cluttered with things that drastically reduce your vision. Other than that its managable. 6/10 from me, but lots of room to improve!

@ lakotamani
    I found one thing that bugged me about your UI. That empty box above grid and sexymap. What's that for? If it is empty I suggest getting a different buff mod (Although elkanos is pretty sweet :P) and sticking them in there. Elkanos is the only cluttered thing on your UI. If you don't want to change then I suggest scaling down elkanos and making it more transparent, also get rid of that anchor thing at the top.
    9/10

Quote Originally Posted by Frehas View Post

@death golem
    As lakotamani stated, it's very lopsided. Everything is on the right side and bottom. I definitely encourage you to get sexy map and remove blizzards huge minimap. I also suggest getting a viewport to let you see more as the bottom of your screen is cluttered with things that drastically reduce your vision. Other than that its managable. 6/10 from me, but lots of room to improve!
    where would i find a viewport mod? i tried skinner but i couldn't understand it

+ Reply to Thread