+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate The UI Above

Mctankor: 7/10, I prefer Pitbull to the standard unitframes, and I'd suggest changing the color/alpha of Recount, to give it a sleeker look. Also, try out FuBar as opposed to Titan, I find it to be much better but that's a matter of personal preference.

This screenshot was taken on my new alt because that's who I built it for, but it shows pretty much all the features. It was inspired in large part by Lore's UI (Which I used for a bit) with influence from Ciderhelm showing in the positioning of the unitframes.

My frame is up there in the top left, next to that is the focus and beyond that the focus target. My target is in the center on the left, target's target on the right.

8/10 Taen, I personally dont like viewport, depending on your screen size, shrinking your viewing area will make important details harder to see. i would also get tiptac or something of the sort and dock your tooltip in a corner somewhere. The quartz swing timer is just and added distraction, as your swing timer doesnt really matter as a warrior anymore.

I need to work out things i dont like with MSBT, right now its set up to only show incoming damage but the icon is a bit weird for it.

8.5/10 i would say, it's clean, has a big viewing area and you use power aura.
    But i really dont like the Blizz Raidframes and you could disable the "Spell not ready" spam.

9/10

i dont like it that you use such bright colors in your UI, it would give me a headache (personal opinion) but the real reason i would rank it down 1 point because of the brightness is that it distracts your eyes from your playing area, yellow or otherwise bright colors cause the area to become the first thing your eye looks at.

also. is there a mod that only gets rid of "that spell isnt ready yet" im notorious for running in front of a mob and not realizing it, so i use the text to make me realize iv done that

is there a mod that only gets rid of "that spell isnt ready yet" im notorious for running in front of a mob and not realizing it, so i use the text to make me realize iv done that
    you could use pError
    pError : WoWInterface Downloads : Graphic UI Mods
    By default it filters nothing, but you can add filters via "/perror Spell not ready yet" (example). Then you will see every Message you saw before exept "Spell not ready yet"

8/10 @Crown (Last UI posted)
    To many bright colors.

8/10
    Personally, I don't like viewports all that much. Other than that, it just feels kind of bland.

8/10. I dont like the middle part (personally I dont understand it very well) It could be a lot cleaner with other addons

Sorry if I come off as rude but what's so confusing about it?

And the buttons below are the spells I use that I don't have keybindings memorized for..

@Xemmas

6/10

I don't understand why you have a HUD and Unit frames. Also the shadow'd text on a textured background makes your chat panels hard to read.

The minimap is pretty sexy though, I'd love to make a ui one day that really suited it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatme View Post
    7.5/10

looks like you have a lot of different raid health monitors ( I count 3)... Seems a bit redundant to me. Other than that though it looks rather clean

Still trying to decide on the exact placement of recount and omen.
    Missing from this screen shot is grid which is placed right above omen
    how did you get the skin for the action buttons?

Quote Originally Posted by hybridpanda View Post
    how did you get the skin for the action buttons?
    That's probably ButtonFacade using one of it's many skins.

@Thewall 9.5 Out of ten. I like how everything is set up. Nice and clean. Except for that bar at the top. Kinda annoying to me.
    Last edited by Bloodwraith; 10-17-2009 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciruss View Post
    @Thewall 9.5 Out of ten. I like how everything is set up. Nice and clean. Except for that bar at the top. Kinda annoying to me.
    8/10;
    Mainly because it look very clustered, but overall very nice, I could play with it no problems

Here is mine:

I like the way you have grid set up, unfortunately mine is not quite so elaborate. you have lots of space to see stuff. 9/10

As for my UI: I have turned off the floating combat text so I only have msbt, my stance bar (aura bar) is now set to fade out if not mouse overed. the tankadin mod has been taken off the ui screen and is now only displayed in the bar at the top. I have restricted the debuffs on the target frame to two rows only so it doesnt overlap onto grid. grid is set up with clique for things like BoP etc. will upload an updated version soon (as in after the raid tomorrow)

Last edited by Fetzie; 10-18-2009 at 06:36 PM.

8/10 im not a big fan of the chat backdrop and the size of grid.But i do like the way most of it is set up.

Synked: 8/10, I personally couldn't play with a backdropless chat frame (too hard to see the text on certain surfaces) but if it works well for you, that's what counts. Everything is very open and you can see everything, which makes for a great UI, especially for tanks.

Bumped it down by a bit simply because I'm a fan of everything-in-a-black-bar viewporting, but that's a personal choice. I'm also going to suggest FuBar, as Titan is a bit too clunky for my tastes.

I just made the switch from predominantly tanking to predominantly healing, so I created this UI a day or so ago and I'm looking for feedback. So far it's working great, grid is in a far more central location making it the focus of my screen and I snuck a bit of viewport in there to make sure I'm not gimping myself too badly.

Though, I find that visibility isn't as important as a clean, easy-to-see grid during raids. If I can see the voidzones, I can see enough.

Here it is while pitbull is in configuration mode, just to show where it all goes. The unitframe on the left is me, on the right is my target, on top is my target's target. The left castbar is my own, the right castbar is my target's.

And here's a screenshot I took during Isle of Conquest, to show how it looks in action. I moved some of the FuBar stuff around for this one, the FuBar configuration shown in this shot is the correct one.

Last edited by Taen; 10-26-2009 at 05:51 PM.

7/10.
    Buffs seem to just be sitting out there for no reason?
    I'm not a big fan of massive Unitframes, so the size you have seems a bit excessive to me. Also don't really need to see what your pet is targeting considering you're a paladin :P
    Massive cast bars are massive.
    No real need to see damage done and raid DPS all the time, so if you hide them you're left with an ugly black empty bar
    Pally power is huge!
    Never quite liked grid for raiding, you don't get to see what they are targeting (and when you're tanking that can be an important thing to see)

On the plus side you seem to have a lot of visible space!
    Buttons look sexy and it doesnt look like you have much info spamming your screen when you're in combat, which is a trap that a lot of people fall into.

Older screenshot, the text on the right is no longer there as it was lagging up my system having multiple combat logs going.
    Pally power is a lot smaller than that, and slightly faded now.
    Party/raid frames are smaller.

9/10

Nice and clean, how do you track debuffs on target though?

TV-out was on, too lazy to edit it out.
    Grid (right bottom) wasn't displayed as was omen (left of minimap).

Debuffs are shown on the target bar (on the right) to the right.
    I have it set up so my debuffs are larger than everyone elses, and on their own row.

+ Reply to Thread