+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate The UI Above

Rate The UI Above

This is a thread where you can post your UI and get feedback on it.

- Rate on a scale of 10. After you rate, offer some suggestions that you feel will improve the UI.
    - If someone rates a UI but doesn't post their UI, rate the same UI they rated.
    - If you post your UI without rating the one above I will delete your post.
    - If you can't provide a mod list or an upload (if requested), please keep your UI to yourself.

This is a good place to find suggestions for designing a UI: Pimp My UI: The Art of Interface Design - Elitist Jerks
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________
    This is my UI:

It is focused around PvP.

Let's get this thread started
    Last edited by Bloodwraith; 12-31-2009 at 08:00 AM.

7, Its pretty cluttered to me : (
    [Persianmessenger] whispers: This is blasphemy! This is Madness!
    To [Persianmessenger]: Madness? This is TANKSPOT!

PvE

7.5/10 Nicely done. I don't particularly like the large border at the top, but if it is to your liking, nice.

8/10 It isn't something I would try to duplicate but it is nice.

Addon list at request.

8/10 - i've been trying to figure out how to set up my healer's UI, and i'll probably use some ideas from this. would like to see debuffs on the raid frames though.

this screenshot is fairly old, but my basic layout hasn't changed much (PVE tank)

6/10
    Action Bars are too cluttered, My eyes are jumping up and down to look for timers and my other raiders.
    Screen Resolution is quite low.

Last edited by Casz; 08-13-2009 at 03:28 AM.

6/10 i find main screen to busy and cant see combat

6/10---its nice but there are a lot of blank spaces and the black boxes seem to take up a lot of space on ur screen

this is my healing UI when i switich into balance all my bars switch into balance

thats what viewports r for

its CBH veiw port u dnt miss any screen space its pushes your screen up as the box gets bigger and also makeing your mian game screen more wide screen

To Therelin: 7.5/10

I like that you don't have a lot of the screen covered. It's very unobtrusive. It's looks off-center, in the bottom middle, though. That would drive me batty! I'm not a fan of those big numbers, either.

"Feel the fury of the mountain!" ~ King Magni Bronzebeard, Lord of Ironforge

9/10 for simplicity.
    I like 'No Horde Players Detected', this could be useful outside of Elwynn forest...

The Ashbringer...

To Daereg: 8.5/10

If you shortened your health bars, could you bring them lower? You could tuck them nicely in the space between Omen & your chat box. Or is that reserved for an unseen addon?

Also, your combat text looks CRAZY! I'd put a filter or two on. I know you're not reading 90% of that stuff on there. My suggestion: Turn off healing & energy gains. Move damage to alternate left & right. Omen has a feature where it will replay the death time if you need to know what healing is or isn't being done. So, there's really no, IMHO, reason to have all that spam up there.

This all stems from my obsession with as small a UI as possible. Very, very nice job at that so far. Just suggesting some tweaks.
    "Feel the fury of the mountain!" ~ King Magni Bronzebeard, Lord of Ironforge

Quote Originally Posted by kingharbromm View Post
    To Daereg: 8.5/10

If you shortened your health bars, could you bring them lower? You could tuck them nicely in the space between Omen & your chat box. Or is that reserved for an unseen addon?

Also, your combat text looks CRAZY! I'd put a filter or two on. I know you're not reading 90% of that stuff on there. My suggestion: Turn off healing & energy gains. Move damage to alternate left & right. Omen has a feature where it will replay the death time if you need to know what healing is or isn't being done. So, there's really no, IMHO, reason to have all that spam up there.

This all stems from my obsession with as small a UI as possible. Very, very nice job at that so far. Just suggesting some tweaks.
    Cheers for the input, I never got the hang of the Scrolling Combat Text options, would like the left hand side to be
    Dodge
    Dodge
    Parry
    (Guardian of Yogg'Saron)-3000(1500 absorbed)
    Dodge(Guardian of Yogg'Saron)-3000(1800 blocked)
    Parry
    I'll mess around with it tomorrow.
    As for the healthbars, I like them as long as possible, it feels more accurate...
    I want them near the lower-center of the screen too, and able to fit as many buffs and debuffs horizontally as possible.
    Theres nothing underneath them, just target of target and target of target's debuffs.
    The Ashbringer...

DBM timers under the MT targets, enhanced bars between the digits hud. Between the actionbars and the combat log is a window for loot because seeing 25 people loot emblems in the normal chat sucks.

@ squats: I wish I didnt need as many buttons or I would do something like you have. 9/10

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrea View Post
    @ squats: I wish I didnt need as many buttons or I would do something like you have. 9/10
    Aye same to Squats, its very frustrating being a Paladin with a custom UI, so many buttons, nowhere to put them, or at least anywhere you want to look.
    8.5/10 to Pyrea
    Player raid frames are taking up a lot of space, used to have mine very similar but got rid of mana-frames and changed it to a Number within the health bar, cleans up the screen a lot.
    Other than that I like where everything is.
    The Ashbringer...

pyrea i play a paladin to and the only way i found of combating the i have to many dam button was to only keep your most used or ones u willl need in a hurry on bars and then the rest set bars so they only show on mouse over thats all i did for mine and for your party/raid frames to free up your screen is grid and also get grid mana bars then just play about with the set up till u get it how u want it

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrea View Post
    Between the actionbars and the combat log is a window for loot because seeing 25 people loot emblems in the normal chat sucks.
    Try HideLooted AddOn You could then use the space for Recount/Omen both of which you can set to show hide based on your combat status ( to save space ).

7/10 over all. I think your raid frames take too much space for a tanking setup. If you have a healing off spec then my bad . The tooltip over the combat log would bother me and the minimap buttons could be more organized ( you have oRA2 button attached to minimap and on your fubar/titan/LDB at top, tankadin button and backpack overlap )

10 man tanking - I was testing DXE along side of DBM at the time so I had both timers running :/

The gray panels are from IshtaraUi.
    Last edited by oakayam; 08-17-2009 at 12:23 AM.

9/10. A good visual theme and not to many bells and whistles that would drive you crazy.
    The reason I have Grid ( And WoW Raidframes ) Is because Grid had been bugging, and I tend to keep an eye on things as Guildleader & Raidleader.

Lyco - Guild Master of Prime

+ Reply to Thread