+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need constructed critisim.

Need constructed critisim.

Hi guys, My guild is currently looking to venture into 25man uld. And with the new patch just coming out. I don't know if I should change anything about my spec. I've read alot about it but no one is 100% sure on anything it seems. So, I'm asking for help. Please tell me if my enchants/spec/glyphs is wrong. I want to hear it!

Now some people might think I'm lazy for not looking this kind of stuff up on my own. I have, I'm simply asking for help from experienced players to let me know what I need to do to be a better player. Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

Here is my Armory.
    The World of Warcraft Armory

Looks quite good.

Some tips.

Divine Guardian helps a lot in some fights.
    (XT's tantrums come to mind - just be sure to cancel the aura half a second before it ends if you are tanking him. I have bubble plus DG sequenced on one button, cancelling both auras and using bubblewall on another one - it's golden.)

The first few times of Hodir will be a tough trip for your healers - run with multiple tanks since you'll probably face them getting killed.

As a paladin, you excell against adds in some of the fights - do not claim the boss tank spot when you are better at adds (Ignis and XT), since putting the best man at each job helps a lot during the early tries.

Be prepared for some wipes - Ulduar 25 can be brutal for people going there the first time.

Split up the adds on Auriaya, and try not to get pounced - those first four can be tricky to deal with, that fight depends for at least half on a good pull. If you are on the adds for that fight, start the fight with your bubblewall up, and feel free to use trinkets and other stuff early in the fight - once those adds are down, your job is basically done.

Thanks for the advice.

Your spec is good but I'd personally make one or two slight tweaks to it. Firstly, unless you're going to be tanking Vezax with some regularity, 1/2 Spiritual Attunement should be perfectly adequate as long as you have Blessing of Sanctuary on you and keep Divine Plea up the whole time. This will give you an additional point to use to fill up to 3/3 Crusade for additional threat.

You may also wish to consider changing from {3/5 Conviction, 2/2 Persuit of Justice} to {2/2 Vindication, 1/5 Conviction, 2/2 Persuit of Justice} as there has been a change to Vindication in this patch that makes it rather more viable - it now effectively works as Improved Demo Shout but is automatically applied without using up a GCD. You may have someone in your raid applying it (Ret Paladin or a Warrior's Demo Shout) but I'm the sort of person that wants to know it's up no matter what else happens.

As for your glyphs, I'd definitely recommend Glyph of Divine Plea as it provides a flat 3% damage mitigation (that stacks with BoSanc) which will help greatly with certain fights. I'd personally drop Shield of Righteousness (again, mana shouldn't be a problem for you with the amount of damage you'll take in Ulduar-25) and possibly Hammer of the Righteous as well, since you'll rarely need threat on the additional target and there are other ways to get it if you do.

I personally use Glyph of Divine Plea, Seal of Vengeance and Judgement. Judgement is just for a little extra threat so you could swap it for Righteous Defense instead to ensure your taunts don't miss (it now affects both RD and HoR) if you like.

Obviously you'll want to work on slowly moving your gems over to epic ones, though I can see you're part of the way through that. For Ulduar-25 (especially hard modes) Effective Health is king, so you may also wish to consider swapping one or both of your trinkets for Stamina ones (Black Hear, Essence of Gossamer, Heart of Iron, Royal Seal of King Llane). Obviously you need to be watchful of meeting the defense minimum, but switching your enchant on your cloak, chest and shield to +def will help there, allowing you to stack more Stamina elsewhere. Finally unless you're having trouble with threat (and you shouldn't be, as a Paladin as long as you're doing the "969" rotation) then you could probably swap Armsman for Agility or a Borean Armor Kit for avoidance or EH, respectively.

Anyway, please don't take this post as being overly critical - you're definitely doing it right so far - just thought I'd add a couple of tips for min/maxing and getting the most out of your character in preparation for Ulduar. Best of luck!

This is just what I was looking for! This is the kind of info I wanted/needed to know. Thanks a lot!

+ Reply to Thread