+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting hit hard

Getting hit hard

I just did 10man ToC i was getting hit from anywhere to 10k-17k, 17k being a worm enraged my healers whernt able to keep me up at all i even switched roles with my OT and i still wasnt able to stay alive

This was happing during the two worms, anyways here is my armory
    The World of Warcraft Armory
    am i missing something somewhere?, thxs in advace for any replys

It's not an easy instance, and you don't have the gear level it was designed for. It's typically supposed to be after Ulduar, but you don't have very much Ulduar gear, so it's expected to be difficult for you. Your avoidance is low, and you don't have the health to make up for it.

From the looks of your armoury, it doesn't look like you've been through ulduar, and you're tanking ToC - which makes me think that your healers might be in the same boat.

If this is the case, I don't think you guys are in a position yet to take down ToC, even the first boss - I know Ice Howl head butts me for 19k. I don't mean to be a downer but I think you guys should probably spend some time in Ulduar before hitting ToC.

On another note being hit for upwards of 15k is not rare sight anymore, and it is something both you and your healers should be expecting. Not being a DK, I think your gear looks decent but you're missing alot of HP - I'm guessing you should have at least 32k minimum unbuffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Miagorme View Post
    It's not an easy instance, and you don't have the gear level it was designed for. It's typically supposed to be after Ulduar, but you don't have very much Ulduar gear, so it's expected to be difficult for you. Your avoidance is low, and you don't have the health to make up for it.
    well our OT is 10/25m Naxx geared and he wasnt getting hit nearly as hard as i was

Quote Originally Posted by Eraser View Post
    From the looks of your armoury, it doesn't look like you've been through ulduar, and you're tanking ToC - which makes me think that your healers might be in the same boat.

If this is the case, I don't think you guys are in a position yet to take down ToC, even the first boss - I know Ice Howl head butts me for 19k. I don't mean to be a downer but I think you guys should probably spend some time in Ulduar before hitting ToC.

On another note being hit for upwards of 15k is not rare sight anymore, and it is something both you and your healers should be expecting. Not being a DK, I think your gear looks decent but you're missing alot of HP - I'm guessing you should have at least 32k minimum unbuffed.
    I have been up to Hordir havnt tanked anything past him tho

Quote Originally Posted by timtim89 View Post
    I have been up to Hordir havnt tanked anything past him tho
    If that's the case, I'd wait until you guys have downed all the keepers before attempting ToC. I think it's about that level which you need in order to clear BoNe (Beasts of Northrend Encounter) without too much trouble, even then expect a few hiccups.

I didn't mean anything by it, just all your gear is from emblem drops, 25/10 nax and the new instance, with just the one piece from FL. I think there are a lot of upgrades for you in ulduar that you should get your hands on. This next 4 weeks would be a good time to do it while they're still stuffing about with ToC and releasing one boss at a time.

Same situation

Hey there,

I'm in the same boat as the original poster. I found that my measly 30,000 health unbuffed just wasn't cutting it for Gormok (although we killed him eventually!). As a dedicated tank I sought out ways of correcting this, and this post is something of a mirror to my own feelings.

However the difference is that I feel that I simply have less areas to improve on gear-wise. My 47.5% avoidance was lowered recently to pump up more stamina (as I'm starting to question the personal philosophy that taking less damage is better than having more health, which I admit was somewhat flawed).

I suppose my question is: am I in the same boat as the original poster?

The World of Warcraft Armory

Many thanks in advance.

+ Reply to Thread