+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any help here please...

Any help here please...

Help Help Help

Here is my armory to start off with: Kaist Armory

What is wrong with me? I get blown away on the healing charts (usually fall between the pallys/priests and the shamans...)

When healing a tank directly, i cast Regrowth --> Rejuv --> LB x 3 --> Nourish... lather rinse repeat...

Group heals im using Rejuv --> WG

I had one of the MT's in the guild actually say in vent while i was in channel, druid healers suck... kinda stung, but is this true? or am i just doing something wrong?

First of all, stop looking at effective healing. I play a Resto Sham in raids and I can tell you, if enough Shamans and Paladins (and perhaps Holy Priests) are raiding together with Druids, we will spam heal faster than your hots can tick, causing us to 'steal' your healing done.

A good healer has following attributes:
    * You know your class, what gear is best for you, what spell to use when and you know the encounter good enough to be able to hot pre-emptively should it be needed.
    * You don't let your target die. If it's raid healing you're doing and they're standing in a fire, then it's their own damn fault.
    * If you see another healer struggling and you can spare the time & mana to throw a hot once in a while, do it.
    * You tell that nab MT that healing meters are just as good to determine good healers as Damage Taken meters are to determine a good tank.

I second that. Best MT healing team is a Tree and a Disc Priest.

If nobody dies then everything is ok. Don't care for healing meters. They don't tell you squat.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaist View Post
    I had one of the MT's in the guild actually say in vent while i was in channel, druid healers suck... kinda stung, but is this true? or am i just doing something wrong?
    Wow. Never ever up to now I've met or heard of a tank who didn't want a full HoT stack rolling. He simply has either no clue or wanted to troll. In any way I wouldn't take something like that serious but instead be grinnig so wide you would be able to hear it on vent...

Quote Originally Posted by WarTotem View Post
    * You tell that nab MT that healing meters are just as good to determine good healers as Damage Taken meters are to determine a good tank.
    Well played Sir!

Will have to remember that one when some pro goes ballistic on the healers in a PUG ever again...

Cheers!
    skaggi

Healing charts don't matter, neither do DPS charts or any other type of chart.

I'm personally off-spec a Holy Paladin and I could easily be 2nd in the healing charts if I wanted (cause Paladins are OP), but it doesn't really help the raid. Normally I just sit on my mana pool, rarely casting a heal, and pick up the slack if a healer dies or if a clutch heal is needed. Because of this I'm usually 6th or 7th on the healing charts. But at least I don't throw away huge amounts of mana in overheal.

On the same note a DPS role might have a hugely important role, like keeping interrupts going on a target. Because of this he/she might be one of the lowest DPS on the charts--but those interrupts are needed to down the boss, and get lewts.

+ Reply to Thread