+ Reply to Thread

Thread: blood dk strength vs armor pen

blood dk strength vs armor pen

I have a bloof dk at around 4400 attack power. Untill this point I have only gemmed strength other than to activate meta. I have only been a dk a short time, but have read everything I can find to read, and have not found a clear answer with anything logical to prove either way. several dps sites have armor pen starting to scale better than pure strength at around this gear level. So my question is? Is there really a point to where armor pen is desired and scales better than pure strength? If so where is it at? I would really love to see something on this subject. I am over 5k dps atm, but like everyone else would like more.

The World of Warcraft Armory

any advice would be appreciated.
    Last edited by texaslord; 08-09-2009 at 07:30 PM. Reason: added armory link

Most people agree that after 6200 AP raid buffed, ArP begins to give as much (if not more after a bit) benefit as stacking Strength.

Remember however that ArP only affects about 80% of your damage. Spells don't get benefit from it.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Krenian thankyou for your fast response, that sems to be the general thought, I just wanted to be sure before I did anymore epic gemming, also any critique on my build, gear, or enchants would be appreciated, and ty for the indepth guide.

Beh, I'm not one to look at your gear. Gem it properly (strength less it's +8 bonus MINIMUM), enchant it all with PvE enchants, follow the specs I have in the guide, wear the right gear for the spec and you'll do fine. I'm just not one to really enjoy looking at people not because I don't know anything about it, but I'm incredibly lazy

Ok so I'm bored and I decided to check:

- Gear's fine. You know your gemming and you enchanted your gear properly from what i saw.
    - Spec wise, I think you'd get more DPS out of Necrosis over Morbidity. Yes your DCs are empowered, but the talent actually doesn't increase it's damage by that much. I'd go full Necrosis personally because every attack you do will do 20% of your damage and with Blood hitting big numbers, Necrosis is bound to give you a good chunk of damage over Morbidity.
    - Glyph of Disease is not something i recommend personally as you're starved for RP as Blood and it makes getting any rp generation tough. you lose 20 RP out of using Disease instead of IT/PS (10 for the extra attack, 10 for IT glyphed)
    -Get your last two spots for your minors fitted. Get Pestilence for the extra range and the ghoul dust one so you don't need dust. Having dust is a lame thing and running out of dusts at a crucial moment sucks.
    Last edited by Krenian; 08-09-2009 at 07:51 PM.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Patch 3.2.2

Is 6200 raid buffed AP still the point to switch from Str to ArP given the 3.2.2 redesign to Arp?

+ Reply to Thread