+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Worrying lack of hit rating on tank items in 3.2?

I will be aiming to use some of the 10man toc hardmode pieces because at the moment for me personally they are more realistically obtainable than the 25man hardmode ones, the twins boots have 2 sockets and increased stats and dreadscales bracers have caught my eye. Apart from these I will be running the taunt glyph and shiver (hodir 10 HM).

I will be having some hit gems then the food buff and the racial.

get 5% hit ... make one of your boomkins get the 3% hit fairyfire, make him use it

Quote Originally Posted by Sirloinsteak View Post
    get 5% hit ... make one of your boomkins get the 3% hit fairyfire, make him use it
    I'm pretty sure fairy fire only affect hits from spells.

Anyway, trying to get some blue to look at my topic on the forums so if you don't have anything else to do post something here:

World of Warcraft (en) Forums -> [Question] Warrior BiS gives 50 hit?

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Man View Post
    Unless you are factoring mitigation this is not true. There are no moves that benefit from expertise but not hit. Rather it's the other way around, and as you pointed out they are more utility oriented than dps oriented (TC, demo, taunt, shield bash, heroic throw).
    You know, I honestly have no idea what I was thinking when I posted that. You're right. Post duly edited.

What I do is gem and enchant for expertise and hit to keep myself as close to the cap as I can.

Work on your rotations if you are having threat problems. You shouldn't need hit or expertise to hold aggro as a prot warrior. I also don't really notice a need for the taunt glyph as long as you are quick with challenging shout, which lasts long enough for your taunt to come back up. It's mildly annoying when one misses, but not worth taking gear with hit on it.

I'm talking about ToC here. I do have a hit and expertise capped set that I used to use for Hodir and Malygos. It's OK for heroics too, although a block set generally works better.

Is everyone forgetting the haste bonus on boss parries? Capping expertise prevents this, which as well as increasing threat, kinda reduces the dps taken by the tank.

Admitted DKs and pallies use far more spells, But for my warrior I welcome more expertise. Ill go to other sources to find hit rating.

This teir is lacking on hit with alot of expertise, no when i REALLY though about it it's not that horrible because if your attack is missed it's just missed, if it's dodged it's just dodged, if it's parry then the boss attacks you faster, so in that sense expertise isn't that bad over hit, and hit isn't completely gone, bracers/Boots/Legs/Glove enchants.

Expertise is better then hit. Attacks either land or they don't. From softcap to hardcap expertise and hit do the same thing; insure your attacks land.

The difference is expertise effects only some of your attacks (as a warrior ~90% of your standard rotation) and reduces the chanced to be parry gib'd. Whereas hit works for every skill, but lacks the avoidance value of expertise.

The key is knowing when you need skills that don't benefit from expertise so you can compensate. Like taunt glyphs.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

I roll with 86 hit rating and 39 expertise as the MT for my guild. Just make use of omen and have the rogues roll tricks and that all the time and it's really a non issue. There are only 3 fights as a warrior that I even remotely worry about threat and that's GV, Hodir and the 4 adds for heroic 25m Anub.

God bless rogues!

Im down to 22 hit in my effective health gear but really high expertise (around 50). My block gear is also very low on hit. For fights where I dont need the mitigation (heroic jaxx, champions and twins), I use the set I'm logged out in right now which gives me hit cap, 38 expertise and 2 pc t8 and 2 pc t9. It costs me around 5000 hp which is mostly my trinket slot. Getting the hit rating trinket instead of the expertise trinket would let me swap quite a bit of gear around so I will do as soon as I get the badges.

Quote Originally Posted by markv View Post
    God bless rogues!
    Indeed. We recently recruited a 3rd rogue and OMG having an extra rogue that doesn't need to MD a single mob and can just wait for them to get there, tricks me, and fok spam is AMAZING. Before I had to really micromanage my threat between adds, but now I could probably just stand there and be fine =P
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Meythos View Post
    Hey, good for Kungen in his new role as OT. Who know's how 3.2 will shake out for Ensidia... maybe a new Paladin MT now that they are on top by a few percentage point?
    Kind of silly considering he's the GM and raid leader. Doubt that will happen any time soon, eh? The consistency of MT/GM/RL has worked for how many years now for Nihilum before Ensidia?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    Kind of silly considering he's the GM and raid leader. Doubt that will happen any time soon, eh? The consistency of MT/GM/RL has worked for how many years now for Nihilum before Ensidia?
    Kungen was benched through 3.0 and relegated to OT in 3.1 IIRC, with the nickname "The Glass Tank". He's still used, but he's not pulling his old "500k Revenge Crits, and tanking RFC upside down" like he used to .

Quote Originally Posted by Bakadno View Post
    Is everyone forgetting the haste bonus on boss parries? Capping expertise prevents this, which as well as increasing threat, kinda reduces the dps taken by the tank.

Admitted DKs and pallies use far more spells, But for my warrior I welcome more expertise. Ill go to other sources to find hit rating.
    All of the fights where Parry gibbing is a problem have the bosses mechanics for those problems disabled. Basically, if he hits like a truck he doesn't parry haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Naifon View Post
    I'm pretty sure fairy fire only affect hits from spells.
    Fairy Fire only affects spells. Warriors don't get love from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Petninja View Post
    Kungen was benched through 3.0 and relegated to OT in 3.1 IIRC, with the nickname "The Glass Tank". He's still used, but he's not pulling his old "500k Revenge Crits, and tanking RFC upside down" like he used to .
    He was RL and GM, maybe his benching was due to not being able commit. We all have times of issue. One of my guilds main healers is kinda having a kid this week. so we wont be seeing her much for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Petninja View Post
    All of the fights where Parry gibbing is a problem have the bosses mechanics for those problems disabled. Basically, if he hits like a truck he doesn't parry haste.
    Boss that are guaranteed un-healable through it have it disabled. Since 3.0 parry-haste only serves to increase boss dps, not to kill tanks as soon as. Following this,only bosses that can be over healed through it have it, how ever, your healer will thank you for not proccing parry-haste, as it means less spamming, longer mana life.

Ignoring parry-haste is like, "well its only 2% dodge". 2% doesn't do much, specially after the 20% safe point from DR, but you will feel the difference and so will you healer(s). Makes you just the little bit harder to kill.

Also, the stat for preventing it ... does it not effect threat as well? Is that not a major priority or being a tank? So even if boss doesn't parry haste, the expertise still has an effect.

i run with 71 hit rating and 51 expertise. and it is annoying as hell to have to put demo shout up twice becuase it missed, same with thunderclap. annoying but not as frustrating as being instagibbed by Gormok as he impales, melees and stomps within 0.2 of a second.

its bloody annoying if an interupt misses, but i have another, and if getting the interupt in is that important, i won't be the only one trying to get it in.

no, my first job is to survive, dead tanks can't hold aggro. dead tanks can't interupt, dead tanks can't debuff. if you can survive while sacraficing the EH to get hit capped, damn well do it. if not, stay the hell away from those yellow gems, you need more survival builds.

for all yellow gem slots i put hit/stam....ez to get 50 to 60 hit rating just by gemming like that......the only other tanking option is def/stam and defense isnt a problem if ur getting TOC/Triumph badge gear. I aim for about 200 hit and 26 exp....200 is high and great to have b/c demo/tclap and taunts rarely miss......i think losing a major glyph for a taunt glyph is not the way to go.....you give up too much

+ Reply to Thread