+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3.2 New Tank Spec Help

3.2 New Tank Spec Help

Well, I will admit the last time I tanked was way back during Burning Crusade, and even then it was only up to at most Karazhan, Mag and Grull so my experience isn't all that great.

That being said I decided to jump into tanking again on my paladin and started leveling him, he just hit 80 today and his current prot spec, which I have been using to solo every elite I can hit, has proven to be quite good in both solo content and basic normal 5 man groups. Here is a link to my armory...

Lysendar's Armory

Now I've done some comparing, and for the most part my talents are in the right place, however I am concerned slightly. I see quite a few paladins with 5/5 Divinity and 3/3 Touched by the Light and I am wondering, will my tanking suffer if I do not take those talents, and instead stick with my current spec? Right now the only place I can take talents out is Retribution which means I would lose 3/3 Crusade and 2/2 Vindication so with those 5 points I can max out Divinity, then I could always move three points out of Reckoning and move them down to max out Touched by the Light. Can anyone give me any advice here?

Just to update..

After speaking to a few paladin tanks on my server, I was told the usefullness of Divinity and Touched by the Light so I respecced to include 3/5 Divinity and 3/3 Touched by the Light.

If anyone else has any advice concerning my talent spec, feel free to post here.

I don’t know if armory hasn’t updated because your spec is still not showing TbtL. TbtL is defiantly a must have talent for us. One of our best threat talents.

Apart from that Reckoning is probably our worst threat talent, and although it got better in 3.2 its still not amazing. But then saying that you need to spend 3 points to get deeper in the tree an your only real choices are Reckoning, Divinity or Devine Sacrifice/Devine guardian. None of which are amazing. The choice is really up to you, do you want Utility, Threat or +healing?

I chose the +healing mainly because it effects all healing done to me, so I guess it is possible that the 3% extra healing from all heals would be more beneficial. However as with all things, they change.

Having tanked in BC before Divinity I know its not a requirement, after all I tanked fine when I didn't have it so I consider it a bonus at the moment.

+ Reply to Thread