+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DPS, Even Healer is pulling agro from me

DPS, Even Healer is pulling agro from me

Howdy all,
    First time poster, short time movie viewer.
    Last night we ran H UP, and H UK.
    I'm used to one of the 4 others I run with once in awhile puling the agro of 1 of a mob, and so is she. But last night even the healer(resto druid) was pulling it. And not just once, but several times in both instances. I saw that ret pally bubble more times last night than in all of the last month.

I use the 969 rotation that tanking gurus have so nicely posted here. But after the runs, I was at my wits end.

Would it be possible for someone to look at my armory(was gonna post the link, but it last updated when I was fishing). Other than what you would see on the armory now, would be my Titansteel helm(with Austere Earthsiege , and +24 stam blue gem), Red Sword of Courage (with +50 sp), and Shield of Lordaeron( with +20 def), I also have the Titansteel Shield Wall( with +20 def) if that should be equipped instead.
    I want my team to depend on me as we move towards Naxx.

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated and and critisms accepted.

The World of Warcraft Armory

I assume this armory is yours. It would be helpful for others if you had posted a link to your armory beforehand instead of requesting that people should look it up for you. Now, regarding your inability to grab threat, unless the DPS were going crazy during the beginning of each pull, or playing a prank on you, there shouldn't be any problems for you to hold threat. Your gear is fine for tanking heroics/entry 10 man raids.

Perhaps you forgot to turn Righteous Fury on or it was bugged on your interface? RF has been changed to be a 1 Click > Always on ability now.

I had some problems today with a mage, till I said "do not DPS till you hear the loud 'bang'". They got that it was the Hammer of Righteousness, so they gave me enough time to build some aggro before jumping into combat. After that, things went smooth.

so when you ran H UP, and H UK the dps was jumping the gun ? not following attack order ?

im going to make a fool of my self here... im not sure what the 969 rotation is i have never herd of this ??? pally thing ???

Did you put your threat buff on? Ive forgotten that more times then I can count. Whenever my guild hears an "Oh F*%%*&" on vent they usually assume thats what Ive done.

Veritas,
    Thank you for the reply. You're right, I should have waited to post after the armory had updated again. My apologies.
    I have informed my dps to wait for my consecrate. I have to do this due to 2 of my group not having speakers to hear the "boom" from my HoR.
    I usually make sure to check for the icon of my RF, but it is possible that I forgot.
    Again, thank you. And thank you to all who posted.

969 rotation for effective threat, and keep our Holy Shield up all the time

Holy Shield (9 second CD)
    Hammer of the Righteous (6 second CD)
    Judgement (9 second CD)
    Shield of the Righteous (6 second CD)
    Concecration (9 second CD)
    Holy Shield (9 second CD)
    Judgement (9 second CD)
    Concecration (9 second CD)

Hope it helps

thanks i was just curious my wife has a pally but she is dps i just never seen that term before :P now i know ! ty

+ Reply to Thread