+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rate my gear pls! Thanks!

Rate my gear pls! Thanks!

Hi there!

Armory: The World of Warcraft Armory

This is my first character in WoW and I've hit 80 about a month or so ago. I've been in a social/non raiding guild since I started playing so I havent had much experience in the raiding scene. I've been pug-ing for os, voa and naxx 10 and ive been doing fine, but I'd like to step up to 25 man and Ulduar. But before that I just need the confidence to know my character is up for it.

Ps, since 3.2's up, ive been farming emlbems like no tommorow, just got the helmet today and will prolly get the chest and emblem pants in a few days. Hope you can factor that into my gear rating.

I'm not a fan of the hit gems in the belt and the expertise gems in the legs. The strength gem in the chest also seems out of place.

I think you would get more mileage out of Stamina gems. Maybe the expertise/stamina gems for red slots if you really want to go for the socket bonus.

Other than that gear looks fine.
    Vexed
    Bronzebeard - US

Ur warrrior

I think u should go for stam gems

I quite like the way your guy is set up. Quick and solid.

In my opinion I would increase your dodge and block and reduce your 248 points in HR, only gives 7.56% reduction to hit for 248 points ?

Expertise up a bit , stops you being parried and doged by bosses and avoiding a run of Crit Hits from boss.

But that just me...

May i ask what your biggest Shieldd Slam crit is ? Something for me to go by..

Thanks Cara

The hit gems are outta place? errr... Only reason i have them there was because i thought we were suppose to have 8% hit! im assuming im wrong in that department! gak! so, exp > hit?

So basically, what i gather is change red gems to stam/exp gems? as for the hit gems, what should i change them into?

EDIT:
    as for ss, i can't say ive noticed what ive been critting on ss. :S

changed the straight str and exp gem to exp/sta gems and changed the hit gems to def/sta gems. pls tell me if i shudnt be doing that. Also, im confused on the avoidance stats, what shud i be aiming for dodge, parry and block? Also, whats the min hit and exp for war tanks?
    Last edited by amirisme; 08-08-2009 at 06:49 PM.

Expertise to 26 then Hit Rating to 263

However in my mind you shouldn't go out of your way sacrificing survival stats for it.

If Ciderhelm and Veneretio can make do with hit in the 150-175 range, I think normal tanks like us can make do as well
    Vexed
    Bronzebeard - US

Quote" as for ss, i can't say ive noticed what ive been critting on ss. :S

changed the straight str and exp gem to exp/sta gems and changed the hit gems to def/sta gems. pls tell me if i shudnt be doing that. Also, im confused on the avoidance stats, what shud i be aiming for dodge, parry and block? Also, whats the min hit and exp for war tanks?
    "

Please don't say I know I know..I'm just covering bases...Here is my twopence worth.

From Curse.com - WoW Addons WAR Addons Gamer Blogs Forums download Tankpoints Add on..you'll see Plus and minuses on every item you have and it has a built in information on how much Tankpoints every Stat is worth( or was worth as game changes sometimes). It'' appear on drop down menu on (c) Char Menu. Leave mouse over info and open up Tankpoints also... Youll see that HR not really that required for a Tank imo.

There is a add on called also called Tanktotals ..now this answers your above Quote "Also, im confused on the avoidance stats, what shud i be aiming for dodge, parry and block?" It will calc how near you are to the 102.4% ..saves you worrying about it.

If you can get your DODGE + PARRY + BLOCK +(natural enemy miss % on you) (say around 10%) to equal to or get near to 102.4%. THEN your what I call sorted. I GOT THIS INFORMATION FROM THIS FORUM YEARS AGO AND EVEN THOUGH I'M NEW HERE AND NEVER CHATTED TO CIDERHELM, I RESPECT THE MAN'S KNOWLEDGE .

Lastly , see because a Tank (imo) should have a quick weapon, if you know your sequences and DO miss... (due to low HR) youll get him in the next HIT.

Lastly I say about Shield Slam Crits ,,because it 1st attack you attack monsters with..after buffing and charging ofc..major Aggro generator. The Warrior Tanks top attack imo. Block Value increases damage.. Block rating reduces what damage you do take IF /WHEN you are hit.

The reason I say a Warrior shouldnt get hit ideally is because if you click Shield Block every time it on..youll see info on Defense go over the 102.4 % maybe to around 140% etc. SO you can imagine if you can Buff that every few mins and get your char to 102.4% natural, you are laughing

This is basic to many here..and I'm sorry for going on... but trying to help you bud

Cara

Thanks for the comments and the info on the addon, i'll definitely be downloading it. cheers!

+ Reply to Thread