+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Battleground Experience

Battleground Experience

I tried it on my 60 rogue and this is what I came up with (Might not be correct but it's my guess):

AB: You get experience according to your teams points and then exp at the end. For a victory in AB I got ~16k Exp.

WSG: You get exp for your team capping the flag and at the end of game. My team was terribad but you get 4k at the end. I assume capping is also 4k/each.

AV: You get Experience for killing the first boss, destroying towers, and killing the final boss. You also get awarded honor (maybe determined by what the opposing team was able to take). For a winning AV I got 43k experience. That could be a viable way to level with 43k exp in 10-20 minutes.

Has anyone else tried this out?

In the 71-80 bracket AV a good win is around 140k XP.

Every enemy tower you destroy is 14k
    Every own tower that stands is 14k
    The same counts for graveyards, I think
    Maybe mines too
    Killing the boss is 18k

It can be a viable way to level or something to do while waiting for groups (like I do).

The one trouble I have experienced is that there is no 80 or close-to-80 to tank the boss which then results in a loss.

wow that's a lot. Maybe I'll level my rogue up that way

I have been doing some PvP to see how the leveling goes in battlegrounds. It does seem like a viable way to level, if you're not in a rush. It does feel much slower than leveling by questing, but I have both the BoA shoulders and chest, so I get +20% from quests and mob kills.

Oh yes my numbers might be slightly off because I have the BoA shoulders I forgot about that.

Still a good way to level if you don't feel like questing.

As long as you can manage to do the BGs without nerdraging and breaking things, then yes I would agree. I would prefer it if the xp was high enough to warrant pausing in the middle of a quest to do the BG and then rolling right back to what you were doing. You could do that now but it will just ultimately be a waste of your time.

I love this, started a new char. Never been a fast quester. What better way to level up, if ure in the x0-x5 bracket u will more than likely get smashed up but still a better alternative imo.

Not all of us were built for questing
    Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

Now they just need to give PvP related quests for bgs like they have for WG.
    Such as kill X players, cap x flags, cap this place, etc. I am loving being able to take a break while doing quests to grind up some exp on an alt while grinding down gnome bones :P

I'm also leveling through BGs (currently at lvl 13) and I only did BGs + bear form quest since I hit level 10.

Considering I know I can't stand my own against lvl 19, I tend to heal as much as possible (I pretty much end up 1st on healing on every games).

Despite my level, I know I can be an asset for my team, the key is to know thy role which is greatly based on your weakness rather than strengths (you can't do much outside of Heals / CC)

I realized that you NEED to be twinked out to be truly useful against organized teams. And yes, you need to twink at every level, which is very costly (I wouldn't advise to do so if you can't afford it though) Against unorganized teams, you can still do pretty decently even if you are not twinked.

so whats the consensus? is it most efficient to just run av to level, or do all and turn in for concerted efforts? anyone have a view on this.....
    "life is no way to treat an animal" --kurt vonnegut

Aye, as a level 63 rogue in AV (or anything, really) I have to be the biggest roach possible...in wsg I find that I'm most effective in the flag room since I can lock down an EFC for quite a while AND get crippling on them. In AV I have to stealth towers and make people come after me...I can sap and distract and generally make a huge nuisance out of myself, but I'm not likely to kill too many people (I mean I can be really brutal on guys who are roughly my level, but if someone's 3+ levels higher than me I'm pretty much going to be screwed).

I DO notice that sub-70 you seem to have a MUCH more difficult time against higher level people than you do post-70. Like...a reasonably well-coordinated group of 3 73s can take down an 80...but 3 63s stand zero chance against a decent 70.

Anyway, yeah, I find AV wins to be pretty profitable, xp-wise...the rest seem pretty hit or miss. But an AV loss can be pretty tragic, though usually we'll get at least two towers even in a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Ion View Post
    I DO notice that sub-70 you seem to have a MUCH more difficult time against higher level people than you do post-70. Like...a reasonably well-coordinated group of 3 73s can take down an 80...but 3 63s stand zero chance against a decent 70.
    I found the exact opposite to be true. When I was playing my disc priest in the 60 bracket, it was much easier to stay alive and actually heal. In the 70 bracket, 90% of the time I'm trying my hardest to not get two-shot. (Mind you, there are some horrible 80s out there that even I can kill on my disc priest by throwing dots on them and healing myself)

AV, especially if you can get 5-10 guildies or whoever to queue with you, is amazing xp. If your battlegroup has Xrealm or other organized premades, the only reason you shouldn't do this to level in the 70s bracket exclusively is if you need quest gold.

+ Reply to Thread