+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spell Deflection vs. Death Rune Mastery

Spell Deflection vs. Death Rune Mastery

Ok i know this is prob a very stupid question :P but I tank right now with Spell Deflection because for some odd reason i missed Death Rune Mastery when i speced. Anywho. What spec i am looking at respecing too is
    Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

And Since AoE threat in Blood Presence has been buffed a bit thanks to The Dieases Buff Can anyone suggest a good 3.2 DPS build or even another good tanking build?

Armory : The World of Warcraft Armory

Wow-Heroes : WoW Heroes - World of Warcraft PvE character info & ratings

For a blood tank specc DRM is a must have talent. So you should skip SD (it's a little useless anyway) and take DRM. Can't say much about DPS specc since I don't deal a lot.
    You can take a look at my tank specc on armory.

Id love to take a look @ your spec but Armory is not letting me look Says file not found

Quote Originally Posted by Missgunst View Post
    For a blood tank specc DRM is a must have talent. So you should skip SD (it's a little useless anyway) and take DRM. Can't say much about DPS specc since I don't deal a lot.
    You can take a look at my tank specc on armory.
    I disagree. Most Blood tanks shouldn't bother with Death Rune Mastery. It's just not really a good talent for us, especially when compared with the alternatives. Then again, Spell Deflection is downright awful. You really shouldn't have either of these two talents in a Blood tank build.

How is DRM not good for Blood Tanks? It allows for more Heart Strikes and gives far more flexibility. For example, you can set up diseases, pestilence, then rapid fire 6 BB for AoE packs. It also makes you far less reliant on Blood Tap in order to activate VB. I think you underestimate its worth.

How is spell deflection not good? I use it and I notice it proccing all the time, sometimes 3 times in a row on casts...really useful for survivability IMO, and my threat and mitigation does not suffer at all. Personally, I roll with both DRM and SD.

Quote Originally Posted by Zivh View Post
    How is spell deflection not good? I use it and I notice it proccing all the time, sometimes 3 times in a row on casts...really useful for survivability IMO, and my threat and mitigation does not suffer at all. Personally, I roll with both DRM and SD.
    It's not reliable enough. Like you said, it can procc 3 times in a row and then just procc one time when not needed. It's a three point talent with a to small effect for that. I have never specced it since sarth got nerfed / ulduar came out.

DRM is awesome, like Sterbefall said, you are way more flexibel on everything, VB, BB, Strangulate, can't see any reason why you shouldn't take it.

And latly my TPS has been suffering. 3-6k TPS Never constant im not sure if its omen or what. But any suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Missgunst View Post
    It's not reliable enough. Like you said, it can procc 3 times in a row and then just procc one time when not needed. It's a three point talent with a to small effect for that. I have never specced it since sarth got nerfed / ulduar came out.

DRM is awesome, like Sterbefall said, you are way more flexibel on everything, VB, BB, Strangulate, can't see any reason why you shouldn't take it.
    It is your parry chance. Are you saying parry is not reliable enough and you wouldnt put 3 talent points into a talent that would give you 15-20% parry chance?

I'll have to get some parses from our raids and see exactly how much damage I mitigate because of it. In a fight like IC medium/hard mode, Thorim Hard mode, Hodir in general, ANY AND ALL magic mitigation is extremely useful, especially when it is as high as a 45% reduction with a 20% chance to occur.

+ Reply to Thread