+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bear tank TPS problems

Bear tank TPS problems

Hello, I'm Krasue from Argent Dawn <armory>, and I would appreciate some gemming advice from the bear tanks out there.

I'm currently sitting at around 45-46k health fully buffed with stam gems out the wazoo, but my main issue is threat generation. My typical rotations:

Single Target:
    1. FF
    2. Mangle/Maul
    3. Build a lacerate stack while mauling/mangling/FF every time they're up

Multi Target:
    1. Charge
    2. Swipe/Maul
    3. Swipe spam while switching targets and FF/Mangle/Maul'ing the ones that I'm fighting for aggro with

To my knowledge, the problem isn't necessarily with my rotation (though maybe I'm missing something in the execution), so I'd like to hear what ya'all think I can do to up my TPS, because I am not keeping up with my dps on threat as the guild's new OT. =/

I'll make an effort to log out with my bear gear on for a while- I'd appreciate any help you guys can throw at me!

-Krasue

From a quick glance, I honestly can't see anything glaring with gear/gem/enchant problems. >_<

Few questions for thought, though! When tanking, do your healers seem to be running out of mana? Could you drop some stam gems for pure agility (crit?)? Are you using swipe as a CD filler when you don't need to refresh lacerate?

I'd take out the points from Shredding Attacks and put them into the Expertise talent, though, you're not soft-capped on that yet, and the lacerate reduction on rage doesn't really matter too terribly much.

Comparing to my own stuff, you're at about the same page as I am (less dodge and hp, more crit and hit), and I don't seem to be suffering any threat problems. Hm.

Thanks for your response! My healers actually tell me that they get bored healing me (especially when farming heroics), so I could probably stand to drop some stam gems and pick up straight agility. I prioritize mangle in my single-target fights, then my lacerate stacks, then FF, and fill in with swipe.

I'll take a look into SA vs Exp, though it seems like I went with the pretty generic tank spec. Might could fiddle around with it though. ;D

I'm also not quite hit capped. =/ So perhaps I could throw some agi/hit gems in? I'd appreciate anyone else's insights, too. I'm kind of desperate to step up my TPS.

+ Reply to Thread