+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How will you spend your Emblems of Triumph?

45 emblems + 1 trophy for new shoulders. ta very muchly.
    Belgariad: EU : Lightnings Blade. Once a Tank. Always a Tank.

You should figure out the value of the upgrade per emblem rather than per piece. They're not an unlimited supply item and the unit price is what any shopper compares for anything else.

saving for the t9 stuff esp since we arent very far into ulduar and i am stuck rolling against 3 DKs 1 rogue 1 druid and like 4 mages lol (i am a druid myself) so my best bet is just to save all emblems i can for my t9 pieces

245 T9 Shoulder and then Clutch of Fortification. All 5 bosses should be out by that stage so badges should be free flowing and easier to acquire. I'm still trying to work out the second piece of T9 though, maybe gloves since there's no confirmed glove drops in the loot tables yet.
    Toblerone - Space Goat Warrior
    Chupachup - Space Goat Shaman

Can someone please tell me what 245 T9 gear is available using these emblems and how much they will cost? Can't seem to find T9 gear tokens at my Emblem of Triumph vendor in Dal. And what's this about a trophy?

Xu

You attain the mid-range T9 gear by getting trophies from the 25 man Trial of the Crusader. There are no gear tokens for T9.2 (ilevel 245), you need to pay the price of the trophy + Emblems of Triumph.

Visit the NPCs in Icecrown by the Raid entrance for a full selection of gear
    **Give me a hug and I'll defend you with my life**
    Blog: http://www.tankspot.com/blog.php?550-Shortypop

Bought the Sable Cross last night. Yay. Next item probably depends on what drops I see between now and when I have enough badges to buy something again.
    Learn to science and stop theorycrapping in its tracks.

question for u warrior dpsers out there, are u guys going get the 30 badges t9 shoulders? or the 45 badge plate dps shoulders Shoulders of Trembling Rage?

i know the 45 badge ones dont have set bonus they dont have crit/ArP, but the are a higher ilvl i believe ilvl245 and so have more total stats

going take a bit more badge farming for those though...

im probably going go the easy route and take the cheaper 30 badge t9 shoulders, even though the higher ilvl 45 badge ones might last longer...

I got the 245 Shoulders and Gloves..both are massive upgrades over T7.5 Shoulders and the Badge Gloves.

since I have 2 pieces I get the 2% Crit bonus with is really nice.

I couldn't wait and got Wrynn's Pauldrons of Conquest - Item - World of Warcraft.
    I needed the +Expertise and love the blue socket.

I have the T8 Helm and Chest so I will collect another 30 and get the gloves too most likely.

245er Set-Shoulders, now 245er Set-Helm then tanking ring for me

Just used up my hard-earned 105 emblems on these three WoWmart epics:

Shoulderplates of Enduring Order (45)
    Clutch of Fortification (35)
    Sigil of Insolence (25)

With heroic ToC 10/25 opening up soon, I can't wait to get the tokens, trophies and a fresh batch of emblems.

Got my 245 T9 Shoulders and Gloves, going to grab the ring next I think.

now that I have my totally overpowered librams (200 dodge rating and 200 strength respectively) I am going to be rolling on tier loot, I have the auriaya and levi 25 rings so those upgrades are not as large as other upgrades available.

Running ToCru25 and ToGCru25 simultaneously are going to put me so far into minus DKP >.>

This is kind of a big deal for me so...

I don't get to play/raid a lot, so emblems are a major upgrade path for me - therefore I try to spend them carefully. Here's my methodology. I'd be interested if anyone has feedback on this approach.

1. I use the Warrior Tank gear template on Lootrank (Loot Rank for WotLK) to list all possible gear upgrades and their relative difference between my current gear (plug in "Vetali" and "Moonrunner" if you want to see where I'm at - suggestions welcome). I do have Stoneguard, but am currently wielding Red Sword of Courage until I can get some more +def on my gear.

2. I do a quick spreadsheet of the lootrank points per badge spent per EoT item. That gives me a per-badge measure of each item's value. I'm not considering the Regalia of Triumph items, as they are out of reach for me and my guild at the moment.

3. Then I look at other sources of items for each slot. For the Head slot, all the EoT items are better than drops. The biggest drop upgrade is +2641 off General Vezax. We've never downed him, so that ups the priority of spending EoTs on the helm. In contrast, Jaraxxus 25 drops ilvl 245 pants with parry/expertise, so I'm less interested in spending emblems on pants.

4. Then I balance emblem value for time... the head upgrade is marginally better on the bump per badge meter, but it's going to take a long time to get 75 emblems, so I'll go for the Hands slot first.

Here's my priority list:

Wrynn's Pauldrons of Triumph

Wrynn's Handguards of Triumph

Wrynn's Greathelm of Triumph

Blades of the Sable Cross

Clutch of Fortification

After that, I'll probably spend EoTs on my Fury set.

Got the Emblem shoulders, which should be fine until I can buy the ilvl258 T9 shoulders.
    Next bought the ilvl245 hands with the trophy, and should be getting the thrown weapon tomorrow, since it's a straight upgrade from Razor's gun.

I will most likely going after the Enduring shoulders, then the ranged weapon, after that I am going for the helm.

+ Reply to Thread