+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3.2 DK blood spec (2 points left, help me!)

3.2 DK blood spec (2 points left, help me!)

Hi,

First post here...I've been warrior tanking since it was a solo deal in 40 mans (and following Ciderhelm since the warrior forums), but recently I've leveled a DK tank. I've enjoyed the blood leveling experience, and plan to tank as blood as well. I've worked out the below spec as fitting my general preferences and ideals, but I have two points leftover and no idea where to spend them.

Those two points should be spent on threat at this point, I guess, but there are so many threat abilities to choose from it's very confusing. Hopefully you guys can help out.

Note: if it helps, one point could come out of any random blood ability (say, two handed weapon spec) to give three extra total.

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

I'm also not certain on my third glyph. Rune strike versus blood tap versus pestilence. I'll likely be doing 5 and 10 man tanking only (but 10 man will probably be progression).

Thank you,

Nick

MoM. It should always be maxed in a Blood spec (Tank or DPS). I'd also drop the Raise Dead Glyph for Blood Tap (the former you shouldn't use much, while Blood Tap is something you should use a lot).

So a point of MoM is better than a point of two-handed spec for threat generation, even with 5 man tanking crit rates (and better than Necrosis, subversion, etc)? That's good to know.

Yeah, good point on the minor glyph changeup. Any input on the Disease versus Rune strike major glyphs?

Thanks,

Nick
    Last edited by noeticist; 08-07-2009 at 11:36 AM.

Better than 2H? Not sure. I'd sooner pull points from Rune Tap (I've never been a fan personally, but that's me) or Spell Deflection (way too hard to get parry to a place where there's a lot of value in this talent).

As for minor, I like to roll with Disease because it lets me be lazy (I find it easier to maintain diseases in cases of broken rotation) and helps with multi mob tanking (forces you to integrate Pestilence into your rotation and get those diseases cooking).

I'll toy with points a little more, try to get both (two hand spec and MoM to max).

I like the active self healing every 30 seconds of Rune Tap, so that's unlikely to go away.

I know people don't really seem to like Spell deflection, but it seems at least reasonable magic damage reduction (over time) for a spec that tends to lack magic damage reduction abiltiies. I mean, with only a 20% parry chance, it's still 9% reduction (20% of the time it reduces damage by 45%). Doesn't seem as bad as I've read. Is the problem with it that it's direct damage spells only (not AoE surges), and there aren't many of those?

Thanks,

Nick

+ Reply to Thread