+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can't Break 2k time to find a new Druid?

Can't Break 2k time to find a new Druid?

Especially after the patch we dropped from 1950 to 1850 worst record we've ever had.

I might just expect to much from him since he's a druid, or we've only gotten so far because he is a druid. All I know is that he seems to be the one Druid I know that doesn't like to chain Cyclone. I'm not sure if he's the best kiter either but I'm in front of him most of the time so I can't really tell.

In terms of my strategy I stick to a lot of Dahis's principles from his 2v2 video, now I know its a tad outdated do to the Juggy nerf but I still think it should be roughly the same. When fighting like a DK/Druid/Pally team I constantly switch to the target w/o HoTs or Shield normally interupting a heal in the process using focus macros. When fighting Druids I make sure I pay attention to what form there in to make sure I'm in Zerk stance just incase there in caster form so I can pummle a Cyclone.

Regardless we always seem to have issues with Rogue/Mage a team I hear Druid/Warrior should farm. There easy when they sit me, but normally they sit my Druid. They usually try to fake sap me which I wont break, then they'll jump onto my Druid and I'll get sheeped which I dont have the rage to reflect. I save my trinket for the blind almost always and the minute I get out of CC I charge/disarm the Rogue and Bladestorm ASAP to avoid any other CC while making the rogue run away.....sometimes the Druid dies before that can even happen though, and if he doesn't its either I kill the rogue or he'll get away and reset. We tend to have problems with all double DPS teams in fact mainly with casters.

Overall I just think he plays a little to defensive and I'm pretty sure Warrior/Druid is meant to be very offensive. When I see that he's getting chain CC'd I always wonder y he just didn't try to CC that person first. But again I'm not a Druid, I thought rogues had it very easy but I leveled one up to 50 and realized it's harder then it looks, so I'd just like some input.

BTW: My Glyph's are MS, Rend and Hamstring. I dont spec for Imp Hamstring though I'd really like it, but I prefer the saftey in Blood Craze I sit at 734 resil, 25% crit and am mace spec with the 1850 weapon, along with the Runestone atm I'm u can armory me Kroanen of Gurubashi. My Druid Moomoobarn of Gurubashi is normally Insect Swarm spec, he says he trys out different Glyph's all the time, he now always has Glyph of Innervate though. He did go full Resto for a bit to help more against double DPS but it still didn't work.
    Last edited by Kahmal; 08-07-2009 at 09:41 AM.

The druid has to be able to survive the rogue/mage combo solo for 1 series of rotations without trinketing. if he trinkets the first time, the second incoming will be his downfall, I dunno how he can do it other then pre-hot and get out of line of sight of the mage. I imagine old principles are the same here as when I ran against them in seasons 2 3 4 but rogues can kill players in 1 stunlock rotation now so I dunno. Be proactive at having cure poison rolling and hots pre-emptively, los a lot, and I dunno, just try to tank the rogue for as long as he can before you show up.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I'd recommend glyph of Bladestorm and Sweeping Strikes with MS.

If they are zerging your druid, charge and fear. The mage will have to blow a trinket or GCD just to remove your fear. That should give you time to disarm or warstomp/disarm the rogue. Apply rend and if you have rage for it, the mage will be coming out of his fear (wotf/trinket) and throw up spell reflect. Your druid should be doing his best to pillar here, pop retaliation and start hitting the rogue while running around pillar. As soon as you get put into a frost nova, bladestorm and pray you kill something. Do your best to stop a reset.

If you do get sheeped during their opener, you will probably lose. Immediately trinket/bladestorm (to avoid blind). At the very least it will put up some major damage and force the rogue to run away. As he runs (he should have a rend/deep wounds up), charge him (cancelaura bladestorm if you have to). In the charge stun, you can get a big mortal strike (and a new rend) in. Keep him piercing howled and train him down. Be wary of them swapping to you.

I took a look at your armory...replace your LWG trinket with the 190AP trinket.
    Last edited by rljohn; 08-07-2009 at 11:31 AM.

I'm not using the Lake Wintergrasp Trinket...

Get in combat early, avoid a sap. Charge the mage, intervene back try and get a shout out. If the mage novas, get rdy for a stun or poly. This gives your druid time to get hots out, possible clone or FF on rogue if hes bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal View Post
    I'm not using the Lake Wintergrasp Trinket...
    Sorry, I meant your PVP trinket with the LWG 190ap trinket =P

Well...

Warrior druid is more about the warrior than anything.

Being a fantastic druid doesn't help you get rating if your warrior is incapable of predicting swaps and assisting.

Without support from the warrior, the druid is useless and you'll end up having to play defensively with the combo anyway. Playing offensively is a loss almost guarenteed.

Sure you can throw out cyclone at critical moments and kiting/rooting things is an important skill, btu you can't blame it all on your drewbid.

For example I got to 2.2k as a druid with 300 resi, simply because we used an awful lot of co-ordination and teamwork to protect me during switches.

Incidentally spell reflecting cyclone > pummel

Incidentally. Mage rogue is NOT an easy combo.

You must must must not break the first sheep. Try and spell reflect but most importantly get in combat quickly.

The druid MUST pre-hot. Everything must be up, if you get in combat quickly the warrior can't be sapped (even if he does he can always B-rage it, though saving that for gouge isb etter). They WILL sheep the warrior and go on the druid, so he must use his barkskin on the first stun lock. DO NOT TRINKET.

If you trinket you'll just get blinded and they'll switch to the warrior. You'll instantly lose.

During the stunlock the warrior [b]must[b] disarm the rogue. After the stunlock, get up FF and be aware he'll CloS vanish very soon so keep hots rolling (try and time the LB expire to expire during KS).

Wear them down and DO NOT LET THEM RESET THE FIGHT. Faerie Fire and rend are the most important thing about this fight, keep them on the rogue and don't let him get away. If you do they'll reset the fight and kite you until they're full HP and you won't be able to survive without any of your CDs.

Don't be afraid to run in with your tactic sorted before hand. Speed is key.

Oh and don't forget Nature's Grasp and Abolish Poison!

And er, insect swarm spec with a warrior is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE.

Oh oh, taking a CC chain is way better than preventing it if you've prehotted and are prepared. Wasting DRs when their swap will fail is better than wasting your DRs defensively o:
    Last edited by Consecrate; 08-12-2009 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Consecrate View Post
    Well...

Warrior druid is more about the warrior than anything.

Being a fantastic druid doesn't help you get rating if your warrior is incapable of predicting swaps and assisting.

Without support from the warrior, the druid is useless and you'll end up having to play defensively with the combo anyway. Playing offensively is a loss almost guarenteed.

Sure you can throw out cyclone at critical moments and kiting/rooting things is an important skill, btu you can't blame it all on your drewbid.

For example I got to 2.2k as a druid with 300 resi, simply because we used an awful lot of co-ordination and teamwork to protect me during switches.

Incidentally spell reflecting cyclone > pummel
    I was told more then anything that Warrior/Druid was meant to be more of an offensive comp, and the more pressure you put on the opposing team the more your druid can play offensively. Regardless I do all the following you state above but somehow my druid just ends up dying now almost randomly, to things that he could have easily handled in 3.1.

Link me his armoury gogo

+ Reply to Thread