Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Lord Jaraxxus Encounter

Lord Jaraxxus Encounter

I'm sure all of you Raid Leaders/Guild Leaders have read the abilities of the next boss in the Crusaders' Coliseum.

If there are any folks who have done this during the PTR, could they post any more specifics of this fight? I have had trouble finding anything beyond the base spells and a few non-narrated/foreign movies.

What abilities can be dispelled/de-cursed?
    What abilities only affect the MT?

I'm sure there are other questions out there... and I'd like to be armed with as much info as possible for when he is available.
    Last edited by Spiritus; 08-07-2009 at 02:38 PM.

bump.

Tell you what, I'll post what I've found so far:

Video in German:

YouTube - Coliseum Preview Teil 4 Lord Jaraxxus

Ability Descriptions:

Fel Fireball (2 seconds cast, raid wide):
    Jaraxxus Inflicts Heavy fire damage (about 25K) and additional 9K/ Second every 1 sec for 5 sec.
    OR
    Fel Fireball:
    Inflicrs 18039 to 18962 Fire damage and an additional 7800 to 8200 Fire damamge every 1 sec for 5 sec.
    This seems to be a "stay spread out" mechanic similar to Mimi's Napalm bomb. The graphic looks like three incinerates flying from him to the target. This is cast on random raid members, seemingly not in melee range. Seen 1st on video at 0:29. *UPDATE* Set an interupt rotation and this will never get cast. It is the only spell that Jaraxxus casts that can be interupted. If one gets through, the DoT needs to be dispelled ASAP.

Fel Lightning (jumps up to 5 targets):
    Jaraxxus inflicts about 10K Fire damage.
    This looks like Green chain lightning. I do not know if it increases/decreases with each jump, but it can hit the melee as seen in the video at 0:35. *UPDATE* Only dangerous when Nether Power is stacked. Seems to have a further range jump than 15yards.

Fel Streak:
    Jaraxxus Inflicts about 8.5K Fire damage.
    or
    Fel Streak: Inflicts about 8288 to 8712 Fire damage. 15 yard radius.
    *CONFIRMED* A "just eat it" AoE spell on the tank/melee.

Incinerate Flesh (Debuff, needs to be removed ASAP):
    Absorbs the next 60K healing received and decreases damage dealt by 50% for 15 sec. If Incinerate Flesh is not removed before it expires it will cause a Burning Inferno.
    *Confirmed*This debuff, i think, can be seen starting at 0:34... at about 0:39 the narrator of the video points his mouse at the IF target if you were having trouble picking em out. Basically... all healers in range need to bomb their highest HPS spells on the target before the debuff wears off resulting in...
    Burning Inferno: The Burning Inferno caused by Incinerate Flesh not being removed inflicts 3120 to 3280 Fire damage every 1 sec for 5 sec to all friendly targets.
    *Confirmed*Happens if Incinerate Flesh is not properly "cleansed" through "power healing." Notice this say "all friendly targets." This should never occur if healers execute properly. You can see a fail of this starting at 1:28.

Legion Flame:
    The Legion Flame inflicts 5363 to 5637 Fire damage every 1 sec, also you are creating a Legion Fire every 1 sec for 6 sec.
    *Confirmed*Legion flame looks like a green fireball, and can be seen casted in the video at 0:20 at a Resto Druid. From, 0:24 to 0:37, watch the Tree. As soon as he sees that he has the debuff, he runs to the wall and drops the legion fires there. All the ranged should be spaced out in a way where if they get hit with Legion Flame... they can just run back to the wall... and move either clock or counter clockwise. If melee gets hit... they must be extra aware to get out quickly (seen at 0:55).

Infernal Eruption:
    Lord Jaraxxus summons an Infernal Volcano which causes Infernals to spawn. Summons a Infernal and inflicts 9263 to 9737 Fire damage to targets in a 10 yard radius.
    *CONFIRMED* Can be 1st seen in the video at 2:00. Seems like 3 spawn. Have your OT Pull them away from raid members due to the AoE... have ranged nuke em down.. doesn't seem like they have much health. *UPDATE* Two OTs make this easier... with one to chase down/DG the adds that run around. Not needed, but helpful.
    Fel Inferno (Channeled AOE, 15 Yard):
    Summoned Infernal inflicts 3.5K Fire damage every second for 6 seconds.
    *UPDATE*This is casted by the Infernals when they charge. Interrupts *not* confirmed , but *can* be stunned/DGed to stop the channel.

Touch of Jaraxxus: The Touch of Jaraxxus inflicts 3900 to 4100 Shadow damage for 12 sec and causes nearby players to be effected by...
    Curse of the Nether:
    Inflicts 4388 to 4612 Shadow damage every 1 sec for 15 sec.
    Assuming this can be decursed. Another "stay spread out" mechanic. Don't know if this can be cast on melee. If so... have your decursers be quick on the ball.
    *UPDATE* Our decursers did not seem to ever see it cast. Most likely a Heroic Ability.

Nether Portal: Lord Jaraxxus summons a Nether Portal. The Nether Portal summons the Mistress of Pain and causes...
    Nether Power: The Power of the Nether increases magic damage dealt by 20% for 30sec.
    *UPDATE* Nether Power has 10stacks and much be focus dispelled/purged as quickly as possible. Can still be spellstolen if your mages are quick enough, but removing the stacks is an ASAP priority. Best to have Spriest, Eleshaman, or Enhaceshaman do this. The stacks will reappear periodically while the mistress is still up.

[-Mistress of Pain-]

Mistress' Kiss: Next spell with a cast time interrupts that school for 8 sec and causes 8288 to 8712 Shadow damage.
    Shivan Slash:
    A whirling attack that deals 75% weapon damage and pierces through armor.
    Spinning Pain Spike:
    Leaps towards an enemy, grabbing them and inflicting significant Physical damage. Triggers...
    Spinning Spike:
    Deals Physical damage equal to a percentage of the target's maximum health.
    *CONFIRMED*The Mistress 1st spawns at 1:00 on the video. OT picks up, range burns down. Don't put melee on it if you can avoid it as Shivan Slash seems to be used quite rapidly. You can see Spinning Pain Spike used at 1:39. I think this is something that must be healed through. I do not know if there is an aggro dump... but the OT should chase and taunt anyways. *UPDATE* Best to have range on the far side of the circle colapse in a bit to have all range burn her down fast.

Anywho... thats how I see it playing out. Hope this helps some, but again, a post from someone who did this on the PTR would be even better than me trying to anaylize datamines and a video in german.
    Last edited by Spiritus; 08-26-2009 at 04:22 AM.

Listening to that german video and translating along:

When you see someone burning it takes some healing to make that burning go away (so I guess it's like that bleed from the Underbog boss?)

Those adds that spawn, you just off-tank them, DPS can stay on the Lord.

The lord every now and then has to be dispelled because he stacks a magic-buff to increase his spellpower and hes does this chainlightning like thing.

The infernals after some while turn into a rock and just jump somewhere and lay some fire on the ground, they also do some kind of warlock-like Hellfire. The trick is just to kill them quickly.

The adds are interchanging, after that female-demon the infernals come, next up will be the demon again.

He does a cast that is to be interrupted.

He also rambles about the achievemnt of having 2 demon girls alive when killing him and that the fight is rather easy.

Awesome, thank you Edge.

That answers my question about "Nether Power"

I would assume the Fel Fireball is to be interrupted or quickly dispelled if it lands.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburglar View Post
    I would assume the Fel Fireball is to be interrupted or quickly dispelled if it lands.
    I'm not certain. If its like Mimi's Napalm Blast... then it must be healed through.

It certainly looks like it can be interrupted... but the folks in the video clearly did not value interrupting it too often, as it is cast often enough in the fight. Doesn't mean it shouldn't though.

Things that *could* potentially be interrupted:

(1) Fel Inferno (90% certain). NOTE: The data-mine could be wrong on this and could actually be an ability cast by the Infernals that spawn from the volcano.
    (2) Fel Fireball. Pretty sure I saw this get interrupted in the video.
    (3) Legion Flame is potentially interruptable. Thought I saw it interupted in the video.
    (4) Fel Lightning looks like an instant cast.

Things that *could* potentially be dispelled/decursed/spellstolen.

(1) *CONFIRMED* Nether Power: Must be at the minimum offensively dispelled/purged by a priest/shaman. Not confirmed if this could be spell stolen. Not certain if this also effects the Mistress of Pain.
    (2) Touch of Jaraxxus/Curse of the Nether: Most likely must be decursed.
    (3) Fel Fireball DoT: I didn't see this break early on anyone. So either they did not dispel, or it must be healed through. I would guess the latter.
    (4) Mistress' Kiss: Got a feeling this can be dispelled.
    And of course...
    (5) Incinterate Flesh must be "dispelled" by power healing 60-70k HP within the 15sec timer.

Watched the vid myself and thought I would add my 2 cents. Please note this is not a full translation but should have all the important information anyway, also I only wrote this in a notepad window while watching, so it's not really formatted, but hopefully coherent enough.

So here it goes:

Incinerate flesh will make the person blow up if not healed through. The tanks never got it, but he doesn't know if this is coincidence or coded so. At 6:12 in the vid he actually blows up, he doesn't die from it, but as infernals are up and doing aoe too they lose 4 people (including him a couple of seconds later).

According to their tank the mistress add hits hard and is better to burn it down. They only tank the add away cause they are at 17% and got 4 dead people, so they try to burn down the boss fast (he eventually went down just as they got a volcano, which would have wiped them probably)

He throws a debuff on people that makes you drop green fire under you, according to them it's best to run outwards with it. Before he dies he actually runs through the fire as he needs to get away from an infernal.

The volcanoes spawn periodically (no time given though) and 3 infernals come out of them. The adds seem to target random members and charge them, then doing hellfire.

The "chainlightning" spell still jumps on 10 yard distance, they tried with 15 where it stopped chaining to additional targets.

Unfortunately he doesn't talk about dispells or interrupts so that's all I could learn from listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritus View Post
    (1) *CONFIRMED* Nether Power: Must be at the minimum offensively dispelled/purged by a priest/shaman.
    Just as an FYI, most things that can be Dispelled/Purged (Magic effects) can also be removed with a Warrior's Shield Slam. Assuming this is true for this ability also, having a Warrior tank him more or less makes that ability a non-issue.
    Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with the software.

Quote Originally Posted by Andenthal View Post
    Just as an FYI, most things that can be Dispelled/Purged (Magic effects) can also be removed with a Warrior's Shield Slam. Assuming this is true for this ability also, having a Warrior tank him more or less makes that ability a non-issue.

Good to know. However... if it can be spell stolen... this will bring the most benefit to the raid.

Also, thanks to all those providing translations. Awesome for us non-German speaking folk. Too bad they don't have good enough internet connections to play WoW in the places where they speak languages I know other than English. =P

FYI... if some one more "official" wants to delete this thread and replace it with something mroe useful... by all means.

I just wanted to fill the void until a more "official" strat came out. Tankspot is the awesome.

Thank you for this.

im getting all nervous about trying him tomorrow now... shield slam armed and ready.
    Belgariad: EU : Lightnings Blade. Once a Tank. Always a Tank.

An Old Remedy for a new encounter!

He is classified (Demon). So Consider this for a nice DPS boost.

Elixir of Demonslaying

Requires Level 40
    Item Level 50
    Use: Increases attack power by 265 against demons. Lasts 5 min. Battle Elixir.
    Sell Price: 7

Melee and Hunter's Take Note.
    Last edited by xStainDx; 08-11-2009 at 01:42 PM.

Our mage reported that he was able to Spellsteal the Nether Power buff from Lord Jaraxxus in the 10-man.

Just did Jaraxxus on 10, got him on the second try. Most of the information in this thread is fairly good. Here's what's up --

Fireball cast -- should be kicked, but isn't a catastrophic is missed. Does sizeable damage with a small dot that can be cleansed. Not a huge issue if isn't cleansed.

Spellpower buff -- purge/dispel/spellsteal, never saw this get higher than 5 /shrug

Random targetted fireball -- does small damage, not avoidable

omg fire under my feet debuff -- Run to the walls, but try not to run out of range of the healers, you need a few hots at least

spam me up debuff -- Spam through this debuff to cleanse it, wasn't a *huge* issue if it not properly cleansed. Only need to heal about 25k in 10 man, did about 8k aoe to the group if wasn't cleansed.

shadowlabs/bt shiva guard mobs -- easy to hangle, ranged can just nuke them down
    infernals from volcanos -- sort of a pain in the butt, 3 infernals come out and teleport around randomly and hellfire, pretty finicky and uncontrolled

So, just downed him on 25 man, and I have a list of what can be interrupted.

Jaraxxus

Fel Fireball: Can and MUST be interrupted. It will one shot the tank, so be warned.

Fel Inferno: Can NOT be interrupted, must be healed through.

Fel Incerinate: Can be bubbled/iceblocked/cloaked out of.

Mistress of Pain:

Can not be stunned, CCed.

Infernal's summoned:

Can NOT be interrupted, but can be stunned, which will stop there channeled hellfire. Holy Wrath and Hammer of Justice do work, so I assume most everything with a stun attached works.

~~~~~~~~~

Hope this helps, and good luck guys!

10m Video with some annotations identifying the skills mentioned above. Some of the annotations are late cause youtube is weird. /shrug.

Hope it helps.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kae6ZLTWtRc"]YouTube - Lord Jaraxxus[/ame]

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kae6ZLTWtRc"

Last edited by drae; 08-11-2009 at 07:46 PM. Reason: cause youtube is rough.

Be a Champion, not a hero.
    Drae

http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1454507.jpg

Tried this on 25m tonight. Nether Power seemed to start at a stack of 10 so getting it down ASAP is important (25k Lightning strikes suck). Also we had a Warlock Banish an Infernal, I think...

Nether Power

We just tried (failed) to take down Jaraxxus on 10 man. However, I confirm that his buff that increases his damage can be spell stolen by mages. (This is the buff that has 5 stacks on him. It requires 5 spellsteals to take all 5 stacks. Yes, it increases the mages damage a lot.) Neginoth