Thread: Issue with lack of burning bile on ToGC NRB?

Issue with lack of burning bile on ToGC NRB?

So...finally working on ToGC, running into the usual learning curve issues, worked past taunt rotations to prevent instagib, blah blah. Still usually not making it past phase 2 with everyone alive but here is one of the larger problems:

On phase 2 before the jormungars dive the tank on dreadscale (usually me) always gets burning bile asap, and it's easy for people who are hit with the poison to reach me, and if not I intervene/charge back to fix it.

But after the second dive we frequently (like half of our attempts) run into a situation where no one has burning bile while people (usually the tank on acidmaw) gets paralytic poison, and inevitably ends up getting paralyzed. If it's the tank they can be healed through it till someone does finally get burning bile and runs to them, but if it's a melee dps they generally just die (and either way the dps have to ease up to avoid agro issues until the tank is freed).

What gives? Do others have this problem, and how do you deal with the lack of burning bile availability? Are we doing something wrong with positioning? Thanks for any help!

There's always a gap there after the first burrow where no one has bile, yep. That's normal. People just have to be ready to get to that tank ASAP when they do get bile. (Yeah, hunters, that means stop standing at 55 yards or whatever from everyone on that fight, god you're annoying.)

And the length of that gap is just RNG then? Because sometimes it comes up fairly quickly and is not an issue, and other times we've had our tank be paralyzed for like 10 seconds before anyone gets the bile.

You also have spew to worry about. It goes like this;
    Tank get paralytic... time is ticking
    Someone get fire
    Spew [-----] casting at about same time as someone got fire.
    It's same on other side aswel...

What we do? Tank on dreadscale (this is me for our guild) can call out on Vent/TS who's getting fire (since Dreadscale stops for split second to cast it on someone) and that person is running to the tank - everyone should have Acidmaw as target while they run to tank to actually check if he's not casting...

Grid alerts for Paralytic or arrows from DXE are imba help in this encounter.
    Mookey | GM of <RISE> Xavius [EU]

Just in cane you are 3 tanking it: What we do is - before the first dive we have a fire debuff runner (so two tanks on dread), one on Acid. After the burrow if the timing's not great the debuff runner taunts off the acidscale tank and keeps moving him, whoever gets burning bile next frees the old acid-tank (preferably before getting drowned in green goo), the freed old acid-tank is then free as acid dies not long afterwards, so no need of a debuff runner again.
    **Give me a hug and I'll defend you with my life**
    Blog: http://www.tankspot.com/blog.php?550-Shortypop

Quote Originally Posted by TomHuxley View Post
    So...finally working on ToGC, running into the usual learning curve issues, worked past taunt rotations to prevent instagib, blah blah. Still usually not making it past phase 2 with everyone alive but here is one of the larger problems:

On phase 2 before the jormungars dive the tank on dreadscale (usually me) always gets burning bile asap, and it's easy for people who are hit with the poison to reach me, and if not I intervene/charge back to fix it.

But after the second dive we frequently (like half of our attempts) run into a situation where no one has burning bile while people (usually the tank on acidmaw) gets paralytic poison, and inevitably ends up getting paralyzed. If it's the tank they can be healed through it till someone does finally get burning bile and runs to them, but if it's a melee dps they generally just die (and either way the dps have to ease up to avoid agro issues until the tank is freed).

What gives? Do others have this problem, and how do you deal with the lack of burning bile availability? Are we doing something wrong with positioning? Thanks for any help!

Thanks you for the post.
    Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

My preferred strategy is bubbling out of it, even as a tank. You just wait till he did his spray thingy, bubble and cancel the bubel asap.