+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for advice with Emblems of Conquest

Looking for advice with Emblems of Conquest

Hello all. I wanted to say that since dinging 80, I have become a regular lurker here and have been picking up a tremendous amount of wisdom in the world of tanking. I've been practicing and gearing and with confidence (and a smile) can now say that "I am a tank". I'm in Naxx 10's (can and have tanked Naxx 25's) and have been doing guild/PUGs for heroic dailies with no issue now.

My question to the community is one of gear. With the new availability of conquest emblems, I am beginning to amass a big pile of them already (something that was formerly reserved for the weekly guild Sarth/Emalon runs). I've use the BiS threads and the Emblem Pick Order threads as my bible and have come to rely on them for sage wisdom.

So is there a thread specifically for Conquest emblems yet? I have been prowling the forums all week, and the best I can find are the overall BiS threads that compare conquest gear to Ulduar gear (which remain out of my reach for now), but I would like to compare/contrast against Naxx 25 and Valorous. My Wowhead save comparison screens are getting to be a nightmare, and I implore the wise sages of Tankspot for help! For the record, I am a hit-capped, defense-soft-capped Paladin tank with 200-213 gear (and the DMC:G!)

What the hell is a defense soft cap?
    There is no cap for defense, unless you want to take 101.8% avoidance into consideration. There is a minimum for defense, which is the exact opposite of a cap.

Now, there has been a lot of new gear, and people will make lists of good and bad stuff in the time to come - use your own judgement for these matters, the worst that could happen is that you waste some emblems.
    I myself usually pick up every upgrade that I come along (even if there is a better item down the road), and I'm doing fine.

The definition of a 'soft cap' in my mind is the 540 uncrittable minimum. You even mentioned it but could not make the connection. Thanks for the (lack of) insight.

As for 'go look yourself', i did say that i was doing such already, just that i was looking for any collected wisdom that might have rated the pieces against each other, particularly from a paladin's frame of reference.

In a nutshell: check the conquest vendor.

Conquest buys T8.5 ilvl 226 chest and head, plus ilvl 226 gloves, belt, neck and pants.
    Items - World of Warcraft
    Valor buys T7.5 ilvl 213 shoulders and pants, plus ilvl 213 ring, cloak, boots and bracers.
    Heroism buys T7 ilvl 200 chest and gloves, plus ilvl 200 libram, shield, trinkets, belt and neck.
    With ilvl 226 items available for the same slots, down-grading badges for the ilvl 200 neck, belt, chest and gloves would be silly.

There is no overlap between heroism and valor, but there are a lot of upgrades for heroism bits for conquest emblems.

My listing isn't complete for everyone, but it is complete for warrior, pallies, and DKs. It's a list of all emblem gear purchasable (exception being overlaps that are clearly upgraded versions of the earlier models) through all variety of emblems (Conquest and below).

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/5...blem-gear.html

+ Reply to Thread