+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Coliseum Northrend Beasts

The spitting mechanic bears mention again IMO, as a lot seem to get it confused.

Ignore for a moment which worm does which debuff. Dreadscale does Burning Bile, Acidmaw does Paralytic Poison, but the mechanics are independant of the worm.

Static worm
    Spits randomly into the raid, applying the debuff to what I could see 6-10 people in the 25man.

Mobile worm
    Debuff only on the tank on it.

In other words, the important part is noticing the switches, not which worm is which debuff. You can handle the poison/fire either setup, you just need to know which of the two is mobile right now (tank-only debuff) and which is static (raid-random debuff).
    SQUEAK.
    -- (The Death of Rats, Terry Pratchett, Soul Music)

Great Video

Video Really Helped. I am a Healer But it made me get an idea of the Fight. Thank you Tank Spot XD

Quote Originally Posted by Murdog View Post
    Just a side note you say in your guide that switching after 5 stacks of the bleed? doesn't that make for extra unnecessary healing on the tank when he isn't tanking (Some groups might not run with anything to automatically clear the debuff), you can taunt after every 2 stacks and when the bleed drops off taunt and you can make the whole phase go through with only ever having a 2 stack.

I realize some guild might be able to handle the healing of a 5 stack i just thought i would post that a 2 stack is much more healable for ppl not as gear'd.
    Ok, as good as that sounds to change targets quickly, he gets a damage buff everytime he is taunted. So constantly taunting him will basically give him an undispellable, i think, fifteen percent stackable damage increase every time the target changes. Going to collect more data on this come Tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusAdam View Post
    Ok, as good as that sounds to change targets quickly, he gets a damage buff everytime he is taunted. So constantly taunting him will basically give him an undispellable, i think, fifteen percent stackable damage increase every time the target changes. Going to collect more data on this come Tuesday
    Rising Anger - Spell - World of Warcraft

Rising Anger is related to snobolds... Not to taunting. He get's 6x buffs if everything is done right. If snobolds are not killed fast enough and they rampage trough raid this buff will increase each time snobold's target dies.
    Mookey | GM of <RISE> Xavius [EU]

Thanks Mookey. I will work on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadevarr View Post
    There is a 15 minute enrage timer on the whole event from what I've observed.

Here is what worked for us in 25man

Gormok the impaler:
    setup a disarm rotation
    tanks switch at 3 stacks IF the OT is cleared of debuff
    all dps burns down snobolds.

acidmaw & dreadscale:
    1 tank on stationary, 1 tank on moving
    All dps burns down acidmaw 1st (starts stationary, always in the same place) with assistance of heroism/bloodlust
    1 person should be appointed bile ferry for while acidmaw is up, we have a prot pally do it. The pally stands in front of dreadscale with the other tank, gets the bile and then goes and de-greens the raid.
    always point the worms away from the raid!

icehowl
    tank him in the center, raid spreads way out
    he will look at who he charges, avoid charge, burn boss,drag to middle..repeat

all in all, fun but easy encounter

Yeah there is a 15 min enrage timer, and very useful for newer people to the encounter to be aware of. Making sure DPS and healers are aware of their surroundings during the first 2 encounters is important not to fall close to this.

We did this Saturday night. We went in without a hunter and without a rogue. And without a warrior. No disarms.

Once we got the healing down on Gormok, it was pretty easy. The DK tank and I have worked together on tank switching a lot, and I say "taunt" into vent, and he uses Raid Warnings. He can hear us, but has no mic. This would cripple some people, I guess, but we've got it down pretty good.

Once we figured out the kiting speed, and getting people de-debuffed, the Jormungr's were pretty easy.

Icehowl was just a matter of no one getting hit by the stun, and burning the hell out of him while he was stunned. By then, we had a hunter, and during the kill, he enraged once, and got tranq shotted.

Yes, I had a helluva repair bill......but, I had a helluva lot of fun too.

Went on to defeat Jaraxxus and get our asses kicked by the PvP fight. Oh well, there's always next week. Um, this week.

I'm currently raidleading a 10man strict guild, we're halfway through the Algalon questline in Ulduar just to give an example of our gear / ability levels. After one-shotting Anub'arak in normal mode - we proceeded to get stomped all over in heroic mode!

On our very first attempt, we lost the MT at about 10% on Gormok, and the worms came out at that point. We battlerezzed the MT and finished off Gormok, unfortunately half of us had switched off at tank death and assumed a wipe. A proper wipe followed soon after.

Confident, we barrelled back in there - but never saw the worms again...

Our tanks who are geared enough to manage Ulduar10 hardmodes were just getting stomped all over by the second rotation.

We've got a holy paladin who can keep up with the damage if the taunt rotation is correct, a druid and priest assisting and taking care of raid healing - but if just one of them gets an unlucky streak on the fires, or a snobold - it's game over and we lose a tank.

We've been seriously humbled by tonight - and I'm hoping we missed a very important fight mechanic which we should be using to our advantage. We made zero progress in the 14 wipes we endured. Hoping to progress with it on Friday - but if anyone can shed any light over this encounter - please do!

While tanking Acidmaw I had a problem where the toxin debuff would hit me right at the start of the 1st switch and the fire debuff wouldn't be around for about 10+ seconds. So I didn't have to worry about running to the other tank, I equipped a pvp trinket for removing movement impairing effects. This removed the toxin completely and allowed us to finish the encounter without a tank being paralyzed.

Im curious about wich addons ur using...
    thats basicly all..

But i must say that ur doing a great job on tankspot.com. Its my favourite tactics page and Ive never had any problems with understanding the tactics...

Good job
    Hallius............

Its a good video. Also if you wanna a fast macro for the snobolds the macro is,
    /target sno
    That should make it a little faster to switch from the boss to the snobolds.

monitoring the debuff of Gormok the impaler

whats the best tool to use to monitor impale stack on you ant the other tank?
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shack View Post
    Ha, i was thinking the same thing at first as well.

Separately, I tanked this the other day (on 10 man) and am bit on the lower gear level relative to a lot of people pushing through this - just a few pieces of Uld gear and rest naxx25. For the first boss, we got through him fine, but the tanks had to switch on more like 3 or even 2 stacks of the impale debuff. This could be a healer issue as well, but definitely had some close calls when the stack got to the long end of 3. Just a potential warning, but either way, it can work with earlier (maybe if lesser geared) or later switches.

Best to have your other tank on focus. With the debuffs on the tank focus visible, you can time it with your DBM timers to taunt before the next stack of impales.
    Healing is the source of life. Without it, you're left with death.

the rooted worm does not have a frontal AoE, so he can be facing the raid

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyTauren View Post
    the rooted worm does not have a frontal AoE, so he can be facing the raid
    True, but it's generally good practice to just not have people in front of the wyrm. Otherwise the silly DPS might get confused.

He does parry hastes which will really suck if he's enraged.

It is good practice to spread out as much as you can if the rooted worm is the fire spitting one, since we actually lost 4 players in about 2 seconds when he debuffed the melee who were all clumped up on each other and the damage just blew everyone up.

Burning Vile and Paralyctic Poison

Im new to tanking raids in general, and tonight in a ToC 10, Both me and the other tank were both new to tanking it. We both knew the general set up etc, but on Dreadscale and AcidMaw, we each got hit with a debuff. What happens if both tanks get hit? Does Acidmaw's tank go to Dreadscale or Vice Versa?

Quote Originally Posted by KnThrak View Post
    Static worm
    Spits randomly into the raid, applying the debuff to what I could see 6-10 people in the 25man.

Mobile worm
    Debuff only on the tank on it.
    Is the raid-random spit completely random, or are certain targets exempt (ie, primary threat targets)?

I.E. Can the tank reliably avoid the debuff from the stationary worm provided every other raid member remains at least 10 feet away from him?

no, it's totally random, the tank regularly gets spit on sometimes to our benefit (i've been spit on with the flame right after i got spit on with the poison meaning instant cleanse ;P)

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Ok, thanks. I'm trying to figure out what I should do if I'm tanking Acidmaw (Stationary) and I get the toxin on me.

Mainly because according to the vid you still need to keep him pointed away from the raid, and running to the Dreadscale tank turn him towards people. Though I did hear someone mention he doesn't have a frontal AoE (can I confirm this?). Should I just run to the other tank and not worry so much about where he is pointed (repositioning him as soon as I make it back?)

+ Reply to Thread